hurroocane

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

Is that the first art teaser we've gotten so far?

When they announced the project I hoped it would be something grounded like classic Simpsons but it's clearly not. I'm very curious if it will be a good show.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It seems to be a reverse Futurama. I know Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein, the showrunners for Mission Hill and season 7 & 8 of The Simpsons are working on this too, which makes me optimistic about it.

Feral

Oct 25, 2017
Your Mom
looking forward to it despite the current state of The Simpsons and post-revival Futurama. Futurama S1-4 was so good, maybe they can still create something great

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I am so excited for this!

Especially since it has tons of voices from Futurama.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
OP sold me just by name dropping Futurama... hopefully it comes through and it would be another great IP for Netflix.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt this will be medieval Futurama any more than Futurama was "future Simpsons". Which is yo say not much at all. I'm looking forward to it either way.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017

Is that the first art teaser we've gotten so far?

When they announced the project I hoped it would be something grounded like classic Simpsons but it's clearly not. I'm very curious if it will be a good show.

Didn't they announce it as a fantasy show? What made you think it'd be grounded? Or maybe I'm misinterpreting what you mean by "grounded like classic Simpsons"

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Hope it's good!

Matt Groening at least has a good track record when it comes to the quality of his shows' early seasons.

hurroocane

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Didn't they announce it as a fantasy show? What made you think it'd be grounded? Or maybe I'm misinterpreting what you mean by "grounded like classic Simpsons"

Only thing I remember from the initial announcement was "Groening is doing a cartoon for Netflix" with no specifics whatsoever. Maybe I missed the details.

What I meant was vaguely set in the real world. The premise sounds a bit wacky. Of course that doesn't mean it can't be good.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Put Futurama back on Netflix while you are at it, Comedy Central cuts lines from the show to fit in more commercials

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Only thing I remember from the initial announcement was "Groening is doing a cartoon for Netflix" with no specifics whatsoever. Maybe I missed the details.

What I meant was vaguely set in the real world. The premise sounds a bit wacky. Of course that doesn't mean it can't be good.

Ah that would make sense then

Yeah I've been very curious to see just how out there this is. Hopefully we get a trailer soon or something if they're finally starting to tease the art.

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, this sounds amazing. Claudia Katz is producing too. Lots of talent involved in this.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im there for Oakley/Weinstein. I honestly don't know what kind of input Matt Groening ever had on Simpsons and Futurama after the first few years. I don't know if he's responsible for the good stuff or the bad stuff. Sometimes I worry that he thinks all seasons of the Simpsons up till now has been quality shit. Id like to believe he secretly disowns it and is just raking in the cash.

Dec 11, 2017
Fantasy comedy seems a lot harder than Futuristic comedy. With Futurama/Back to the Future 2/Lisa's Wedding they took aspects of the current day and then extrapolated those in a ridiculous way to great comedic effect. Is this going to have celebrities playing themselves, pop culture references, and wizards on Instagram and shit?

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

That's Bart and the babysitter he fell in lvoe with that one time.

Fantasy comedy seems a lot harder than Futuristic comedy. With Futurama/Back to the Future 2/Lisa's Wedding they took aspects of the current day and then extrapolated those in a ridiculous way to great comedic effect. Is this going to have celebrities playing themselves, pop culture references, and wizards on Instagram and shit?

I would expect a similar format to Critical Role/HarmonQuest/Adventure Zone where it'll be fantastical settings with modern sensibilities.

It's weird that the DnD wave came back around.