• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Macheezmo

Oct 25, 2017
71lv-Laj-cc-L-SL1500.jpg

The fact that Clearly Canadian only exists online or apparently in exactly one retail chain anywhere(with the nearest one being 50+ miles away) and not in every single store that I enter was surely the first sign something had gone terribly wrong with our timeline.

I loved the Wild Cherry ones as a kid, and I recently found out that the store I do my grocery shopping at sells them. I bought one, and it was....not what I remembered. I took 2 drinks and dumped the rest out.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot for the life of me find a picture of it on google but I'll try my best to describe it.

It was like orange ice cream sold in small packages of like 300-400ml and I'm pretty sure those were made by Sunkist since we literally called those: 'Sunkists'. You just had to peel off the top and have at it with a spoon.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Super-Processed Foods: The Thread
I mean, most natural foods don't tend get "discontinued". Worst case is something like the Gros Michel Banana, but those were phased out for the Cavendish well before even most of the old farts here were born.

And HELL YES PB CRISPS! As processed as they were, they were AMAZING. You could eat an entire bag if you weren't careful.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Grocery stores around here used to sell Chocolate Texas Donuts. They're not the best donuts out there but the size and quality to price ratio was insane.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Speaking of Taco Bell, the chili cheese burrito was godly.

and my local Subways as a kid had a taco flavor sub that was fucking incredible. The triangle wedge on top was always soaked in sour cream and taco juice...

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
fxptmr7xaft21.jpg

obviously i'd have no interest in eating these things nowadays but goddamn were they more fun before they had to pretend that these damn things were 'healthy' by removing the soda and shit from them

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Triple chocolate Twix.

Was only release in UK in 1991, 2003 and 2007.

I've been waiting 13 years for the return.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
They just recently replaced the Sea Salt Baked Ritz crackers with Sea Salt. They replaced it with a new Creamy Onion and it doesn't taste as good.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Going for a long try, i just cant remember this one. It was an ice cream round bar, vanilla in middle, soft graham like cookies on top and bottom, and it was dipped all around in chocolat. If my memory is right, i think the wrapping of it was gray . I need to remember the name of these! Think i havent seen that like 15 years ago...

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Cadbury-Dream-Egg-110g.jpg

Oh Cadbury Dream Egg, you were too good for this world! I only got to try this ONCE, and it was such a magical experience. It was perfection. That was the last time I saw them in Canada. Every year I would go to the stores in hopes that it would be there, but it was not :(

I know it's still available in Australia to some degree, and I've even thought about ordering them, but I've read it will likely differ from the variant that was made here so I never bothered. Oh how I'd love to have one again.

KFC's Double Down Dog

Double-Down-Dog-2.jpg

Fuckit, if you're posting that then I'm posting the KFC Waffle Double Down

kfc1.jpg

It came in either spicy or original chicken, had a Belgian waffle in the middle and maple aioli sauce (always get extra sauce!) It was available in Canada in 2018 for only a month. I took one of these bad boys into Infinity War with some other snacks and it was indeed an amazing experience. I know people who consider KFC to be complete trash but when they tried this they fell in love, they couldn't believe this wonderful creation came from KFC! Alas, it's now been 2 years and it hasn't returned :(

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
Going for a long try, i just cant remember this one. It was an ice cream round bar, vanilla in middle, soft graham like cookies on top and bottom, and it was dipped all around in chocolat. If my memory is right, i think the wrapping of it was gray . I need to remember the name of these! Think i havent seen that like 15 years ago...
And I assume this is not an It's-It?
(I would call those oatmeal cookies not graham)

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Thunder Crunch potato chips.

27ac8f770e036b9898f7bca894b6c5a0.jpg

I think they were only available in Canada. My favourite flavours were Hot Wings, Spicy Szechuan and Yellow Curry.

I have so many memories of those chips tied to gaming. I'd go to the supermarket with my mom, and pick up a copy of EGM, and some Thunder Crunch chips. I remember eating them while playing Mortal Kombat 2 on the SNES with my friends. Then one day in the 1990s, they disappeared without a trace. I still have no idea what happened to them.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would give anything to have these back , I used to eat these while playing Zelda A Link to the Past back when the game was brand new.

wzhTB1I.jpg

Years and years after never seeing this, I found a single vending machine at a hotel that had some of either the actual brand or something that was identical. It was delicious. That was 12 years ago now, though.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot about these. They are not better than the late 90s fry revamp, but better than whatever the hell they serve nowadays.

1*EAKGEobPi8RqWP_gzYolxQ.jpeg

The town I lived in didn't have a card shop so our meeting place was a Burger King and I ate so many satisfries, they were so good.

Unrelated, I also miss Red Fusion from the early 00's

Antifaith

Mar 2, 2018
The Philly Cheesesteak Burger from Carl's Jr. Man, I really wish they'd bring that back. It's been years since I've had one.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
8aaf0ae1f97bff573fcb7098a3e87d29.jpg

snacker.jpg

FpMJ4zJS7pb90gBKiM1H8j-H45jO9KDNja1jrD1ylpumY_6cPi9ScutIEmkQBIv4QsqizdSUtujK_dNAs0-qeXUT8cWt5TZoeTdpxRfCzQ

The first two have modern renditions in the taco flavor Doritos and the Chicken Little, but the taco flavor doesn't taste the same as the Taco Supreme Taco Bell flavor, Chicken Little's lack the lettuce and same kind of sauce as the Snackers (and the pickles do nothing for the sandwich), but at the very least, they're serviceable.

The abomination posing as Rice Krispies Treats now should be a crime against humanity and everyone involved at Kelloggs responsible for the recipe change should be tossed in the gulags for the rest of their lives.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Pretty sure Kraft Mac and Cheese had a wagon wheel shape at one point. After spirals, this was the superior shape for the Blue Box.

Also Edy's used to do "Fun Flavor" ice cream and one of those was my absolute favorite store bought ice cream.

edys+dreyers+fun+flavor+vanilla+sandwich+retired.jpg

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Entemans used to sell premise cakes with chocolate layers of.... idk it's not frosting or fudge but chocolate between the cake. Likely early 90/. Alas