Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
So i haven't found a report of a single other person losing their saved game progress on this. So now i'm like do I start over again and chalk it up to bad luck? Do I wait for another patch? Is there something wrong with my new PS5 and it's not the game at all? I haven't had any save game trouble with anything else on the new console so I dunno. It's a fun game so I want to get back into it but i'm for sure not looking to start over a third time if the bug hits me again.
Seeing how the game is in bad shape, I guess it's the game's fault and nothing else. Personally, I'm waiting for the next patch because it's borderline ridiculous. If it was bought on Steam, it would have already been refunded.

Tanston

Nov 29, 2017
Seeing how the game is in bad shape, I guess it's the game's fault and nothing else. Personally, I'm waiting for the next patch because it's borderline ridiculous. If it was bought on Steam, it would have already been refunded.
Against my better judgement I started playing again and within 5 races It froze at the results screen again forcing a restart. It didnt wipe my saved data this time at least. I have no idea how anyone is making significant progress in this game on the PS5. At this point Id bitch and complain to sony to get A refund if I didn't actually want to play the game. This has been probably the worst experience Ive had with a big budget full price game in a long long time and Im a bethesda fan 🤣😢.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
I keep getting super close to getting in the groove and loving this game, then one of the nonsense modes comes up in the career, and I basically wonder about the whole decision-making process behind the scenes. They obviously didn't manage to make their AI work with the early Sprint events, I can't even wrap my mind around deciding to lace the experience with this.
yes, sprints can go to die

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
and that , thanks could not remember the other thing I hate lol

Gymkhana events can at least be easily cheesed. Spend the first 30 seconds collecting as many pink boxes as you can (get close to a 2x multiplier) then find the nearest purple donut-spin square thingy and spin endlessly on the spot. You'll easily double the high score of each Gymkhana event this way (and it makes the trophy a cinch, too).

Example

youtu.be

DIRT 5 - Stuntmasta' Trophy Guide

For the full trophy guide, click here: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/dirt-5-a/347921-dirt-5-trophy-guide-roadmap.html?referrerid=37718 http://www...

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Yeah, Gymkhana was introduced in Dirt 3 and should have died with it. It was a bad idea back then and it still is now. It's fun to watch on YouTube, with real cars, but in a game it's incredibly boring.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Gymkhana events can at least be easily cheesed. Spend the first 30 seconds collecting as many pink boxes as you can (get close to a 2x multiplier) then find the nearest purple donut-spin square thingy and spin endlessly on the spot. You'll easily double the high score of each Gymkhana event this way (and it makes the trophy a cinch, too).

Example

youtu.be

DIRT 5 - Stuntmasta' Trophy Guide

For the full trophy guide, click here: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/dirt-5-a/347921-dirt-5-trophy-guide-roadmap.html?referrerid=37718 http://www...
Cool thanks

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York
So i haven't found a report of a single other person losing their saved game progress on this. So now i'm like do I start over again and chalk it up to bad luck? Do I wait for another patch? Is there something wrong with my new PS5 and it's not the game at all? I haven't had any save game trouble with anything else on the new console so I dunno. It's a fun game so I want to get back into it but i'm for sure not looking to start over a third time if the bug hits me again.

Actually I've reported this issue to them. Game frequently crashes to the PS5 OS, and then upon restarting the game, I get a notification saying (to the effect of) "Save data was corrupted, restoring from backup". I think it is restoring from the cloud? Not sure. So I don't lose all my save data, but I lose whatever progress I made in the last session.

It usually crashes like this right after I win an event, too, which really adds to the burn.

So I suggest waiting for a patch, or, as I am doing, just quit the game every time you make progress you don't want to lose. It's very fucking annoying and unfortunate, because it's close to killing my desire to progress when I keep losing progress randomly like this.

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Against my better judgement I started playing again and within 5 races It froze at the results screen again forcing a restart. It didnt wipe my saved data this time at least. I have no idea how anyone is making significant progress in this game on the PS5. At this point Id bitch and complain to sony to get A refund if I didn't actually want to play the game. This has been probably the worst experience Ive had with a big budget full price game in a long long time and Im a bethesda fan 🤣😢.
Obviously, if it was possible to get a refund (it's not, I bought the PS4 physical on day one and upgraded) I'd buy it again later because I'm a sucker for arcade racers and racing games in general and this is way too fun. Also, I pray Evolution Studios before going to sleep. We'll get through this.

Oct 27, 2017
Nice the series X patch fixed the rumble problem feels much better
I had to turn it down on my Xbox Elite Controller, was that something they fixed? It literally felt like the controller was going to break apart or something it was so strong.

Not only sprint, I don't enjoy any of the Gymkhana stuff either.

Yeah, these are my only negatives with the game thus far. I saw in the settings there was an option to specifically make handling in Gymkhana easier or whatnot. I haven't tried it yet after turning it on but it might at least make it a bit more enjoyable/manageable.

Last edited:

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
I had to turn it down on my Xbox Elite Controller, was that something they fixed? It literally felt like the controller was going to break apart or something it was so strong.

Yes it didn't work before on SX. Coincidentally I had just turned my rumble down on my elite yesterday to about 25-30% and there is also a setting in game for low, med, hi vibration.

Have in game at medium and it's a little soft at the current elite setting so may go high or bump elite up a bit

Regardless, it is required imo for a game like this for the immersion.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I can confirm that "Spare some change for Gas?" Trophy is definitely with some bug on PS4.

Its just simple math, I finished the campaign almost twice and nothing happened. Then I left my right stick accelerating on a Oval Course for almost 10 hours..... still nothing.

Note, playing with a mini Cooper in the oval circuit at minimum of 60 mph (at straight lines can reach 100 miles until it reaches the rail) will take 16,5 hours of grind on time trial but again.... nothing popped.

I'm pissed...

OP
OP
ghostcrew

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I can confirm that "Spare some change for Gas?" Trophy is definitely with some bug on PS4.

Its just simple math, I finished the campaign almost twice and nothing happened. Then I left my right stick accelerating on a Oval Course for almost 10 hours..... still nothing.

Note, playing with a mini Cooper in the oval circuit at minimum of 60 mph (at straight lines can reach 100 miles until it reaches the rail) will take 16,5 hours of grind on time trial but again.... nothing popped.

I'm pissed...

Thanks to how achievements have progress bars I can see that miles are at least being counted on Xbox. I'm at 16% or something right now. Feels probably about right for how much I've done? I think PS5 added trophy progression didn't it? I don't know until tomorrow (UK!)

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017

I'm pissed...

Yeah, I've given up trying to get it. There's no way I haven't driven more than 1000 miles given how much time I've spent with the game. I did the trick you describe above on the the oval track for about 2 hours last night and still nothing.

On another note: the total tally of Stamps in the career mode seems to be incorrect. Upon 3-stamping every event I have 6 more than the apparent total!

En-C1-YQLXIAMi-RO2.jpg

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Yeah, I've given up trying to get it. There's no way I haven't driven more than 1000 miles given how much time I've spent with the game. I did the trick you describe above on the the oval track for about 2 hours last night and still nothing.

On another note: the total tally of Stamps in the career mode seems to be incorrect. Upon 3-stamping every event I have 6 more than the apparent total!

En-C1-YQLXIAMi-RO2.jpg

Lol

I'm also with 414 out of 375 total stamps with the full campaign completed. (Worth noting that there's one hidden race with 3 stamps at the end of the campaign... so... 378 out of 375 would be ok in this regard).

Thanks to how achievements have progress bars I can see that miles are at least being counted on Xbox. I'm at 16% or something right now. Feels probably about right for how much I've done? I think PS5 added trophy progression didn't it? I don't know until tomorrow (UK!)

Double pissed.... I live in Brazil. The PS5 release is also tomorrow and mine won't be here until November 25th because of terrible logistics from Sony Brazil (launching on a fucking holiday with no couriers/delivery working).

Sony Brazil just canceled all Pulse 3D Headset because they didn't arrive in time for launch. Paid for mine 3 months ago.

But hey... they are giving away free PS5 to influencers, tik tokers and sub celebrities. Awesome right?

Last edited:

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
There are so many events, which I commend them for. Just disappointed to hear that the MP has been dead.

Tanston

Nov 29, 2017
Actually I've reported this issue to them. Game frequently crashes to the PS5 OS, and then upon restarting the game, I get a notification saying (to the effect of) "Save data was corrupted, restoring from backup". I think it is restoring from the cloud? Not sure. So I don't lose all my save data, but I lose whatever progress I made in the last session.

It usually crashes like this right after I win an event, too, which really adds to the burn.

So I suggest waiting for a patch, or, as I am doing, just quit the game every time you make progress you don't want to lose. It's very fucking annoying and unfortunate, because it's close to killing my desire to progress when I keep losing progress randomly like this.

I guess i'll enable cloud backups and see if that helps while waiting for a patch. Glad to hear i'm not the only one at least.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
From what I can tell its running great on PS5 now, I have image quality mode selected. If there are dips its very minor considering how much is going on. Also the adaptive triggers feel great, I use the low setting. TechBoss thanks for getting the PS5 into shape, this is a fun launch title.

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
From what I can tell its running great on PS5 now, I have image quality mode selected. If there are dips its very minor considering how much is going on. Also the adaptive triggers feel great, I use the low setting. TechBoss thanks for getting the PS5 into shape, this is a fun launch title.
Has it been updated today? Because vers 1.003 runs terribly.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil

I'm pissed...

Just to not be a moron...

I got the trophy. But I'm pretty sure this isn't working properly.... 16,5 hours on a oval track at 60 mph is 1000 miles and I finished the campaign twice by going through each event once more after finished (or it wasn't retroactive with what I played, like the original statement from Codemasters after the patch).

Interesting thing to note... the trophy only appeared after the session ended, which means any mileage you drive without finishing (or exiting and retring?!?!?!?) won't count towards the trophy.

Last edited:

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Are you using the image quality mode in 1.003? I am, and I can't say that I notice that many performance drops. Maybe I'm just not as observant, but it seems to run pretty well in that mode. My main problem with the game now is crashing to OS after a race, and save data getting corrupted.
Both image quality and resolution modes do this. Only 120 doesn't... Or maybe it does and drops at 110 frames but can't be perceived lol

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Game.co.uk gave me a link to buy the PS5 version for £30 as a thank you for pre-ordering the console with them. Is it worth £30? Retail is £55, but the cheapest I can find it elsewhere is £47.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Game.co.uk gave me a link to buy the PS5 version for £30 as a thank you for pre-ordering the console with them. Is it worth £30? Retail is £55, but the cheapest I can find it elsewhere is £47.

At that price (I say this as someone who semi-regrets it at full price), I think you'll have a blast. Just know going in that a few modes are probably gonna be duds for you, but the career is structured so unless you're going for a total completion, you'll be able to breeze past those and get on to races you'll enjoy.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
Are you using the image quality mode in 1.003? I am, and I can't say that I notice that many performance drops. Maybe I'm just not as observant, but it seems to run pretty well in that mode. My main problem with the game now is crashing to OS after a race, and save data getting corrupted.
Image quality mode runs smoothly for me. Im on an C9 not sure if that helps but it appears stable. Maybe at a start of a race there might be a hitch if theres a car pile up with many effects, otherwise it feels good.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
This, it's a huge graphical glitch. Which platform are you on? The only one I haven't personally been able to confirm this on is PlayStation. Your posts suggest Xbox.

Yeah, this was specifically on the 120hz mode on Series S. I haven't encountered it on the X in the 60hz modes, though.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
So I was about to pick this up as I got an Amazon gift card that will pay for most of it (last night it was $49.99, today it is $54.99) but am seeing some of the recent posts saying there are issues.

So is it a total shit show on the Series X at 60hz or will it run okay and the issues are primarily with the PS5 version? I cannot do 120hz mode as my TV does not support it. I love arcade racers, so just want to know if I should hold off and see if it maybe goes deeper on sale for Black Friday or is it okay to pull the trigger now? Can arrive Friday if I order soon.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
So is it a total shit show on the Series X at 60hz or will it run okay and the issues are primarily with the PS5 version? I cannot do 120hz mode as my TV does not support it. I love arcade racers, so just want to know if I should hold off and see if it maybe goes deeper on sale for Black Friday or is it okay to pull the trigger now? Can arrive Friday if I order soon.

My experience with the Series X version in both the 60hz modes has been great, though keep in mind I'm using VRR. Not to be too negative, but if price is a factor, I have a feeling this will be discounted before the end of he year.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
My experience with the Series X version in both the 60hz modes has been great, though keep in mind I'm using VRR. Not to be too negative, but if price is a factor, I have a feeling this will be discounted before the end of he year.
Thanks for the reply. Price is not an issue, I just have an Amazon gift card now but I also have credit in my MS account that would cover it. I prefer digital just because it is easier, but it is full price. Just was thinking if it drops I would prefer digital.

Since I have other games to play just going to do the sensible thing and hold off until I have played them. By then, it should be even less regardless, and it should also receive a few patches by then.

Thanks again.

OP
OP
ghostcrew

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
So I was about to pick this up as I got an Amazon gift card that will pay for most of it (last night it was $49.99, today it is $54.99) but am seeing some of the recent posts saying there are issues.

I have absolutely no issues with the performance on Series X running it at 60Hz. I haven't tried 120Hz because my TV doesn't support it.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I have absolutely no issues with the performance on Series X running it at 60Hz. I haven't tried 120Hz because my TV doesn't support it.
And just like that, your post turned me back to picking it up, especially since it once again dropped to $49 on Amazon.
Fuck having other games to play, arcade racers are pretty much my favorite genre.
Will be here on Friday.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Performance issues on 1.03 PS5 seem to be track dependent. I fired it up for a few races today and it ran mostly fine outside of Yulong River started to struggle a little there were a lot of cars on screen.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
PS5 finally arrived today and (after a bit of Astrobot) this was the first thing I tried, but I am afraid I'm going to hold off until 1.004 arrives. Any ETA on that?
An area where I got consistent frame spikes, regardless if other cars were near, was on the Lionshead track (first event that features it) at the corner at the 53%/55% marker.

Another question related to the DS, is it supposed to make a rattling noise, right side of the controller? I notice at the start and end when the haptic rumble engages, though it might also be at the sametime when the force feedback on the trigger switches between on and off.

gachapin

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I believe the current version 1.003 is the version so called 1.04 for PS5.
Here is some infor for the next update posted in Discord.
Thanks for everyone's feedback and thoughts following the Patch 1.04 roll-out on all platforms! Great to see that the majority of key talking points have been resolved – which means we're straight to work on addressing some more of the topics and suggestions you've sent our way.

The next patch (2.00) is currently scheduled to arrive in the next couple of weeks. The key addition here will be the addition of wheel support, implementing a similar system seen in DiRT Rally 2.0 and GRID. We'll be sharing more details on this in the coming days.

More tweaks will come to Online multiplayer, specifically looking to make it easier for players to find lobbies and events more consistently. We'll be adding more Online race events, too, including some multi-class races.

We've seen the feedback regarding the V-Sync addition on PS4 and how this affects gameplay in some instances, so are working on further optimisations and options for players. The issues some players have with using Amplified Edition sponsors in Career will also be resolved in 2.00.

If you're on PC and experiencing crashes or similar issues, please check you have updated drivers and are on the latest version of Windows. The majority of crash reports we receive continue to be caused by this – but for the other reports, we're squashing some bugs and optimising further. For those on consoles experiencing crashes on Xbox, we continue to suggest disabling HDR – as this often resolves the issue – whilst we work on more fixes connected to this.

Longer-term, we're planning in work to add features such as ghosts, more multi-class races in Career, profile statistics, and private/custom lobbies for Online.

Plenty more work is ongoing but that's the top-level stuff – and yes, we're finalising details on the first content drop, which we can't wait to share more about. As always, if you have anything you want to tell us about your DIRT 5 experience, talk with us on Discord, and/or use our feedback form.

Thank you!

CurseVox

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts (USA)
I am freaking LOVING this game!! Hot damn!! Also, not sure if you all are aware but the team who made this I guess were the old Driveclub dev team!! Maybe that's why it rocks so damn much?!

BTW I've played like 4 tracks so far. All in 120FPS mode on my LG C9. No framerate issue that I can tell at all. There was a patch today so I'm not sure if that fixed some of the performance issues some are mentioning but my experience has been very solid so far.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Just to not be a moron...

I got the trophy. But I'm pretty sure this isn't working properly.... 16,5 hours on a oval track at 60 mph is 1000 miles and I finished the campaign twice by going through each event once more after finished (or it wasn't retroactive with what I played, like the original statement from Codemasters after the patch).

Interesting thing to note... the trophy only appeared after the session ended, which means any mileage you drive without finishing (or exiting and retring?!?!?!?) won't count towards the trophy.

I also got the final trophy after 2 hours of going around that sprint track. Happy days! I also managed to set the 3rd best world record time on the track! Just could not crack 14 seconds, though. Person at No.1 was 13.9sec.

Aranikasu44

Dec 3, 2018
I'm just installing mine from Disc.

Did anyones install start spinning and then stopping then spinning again at around 30gb in?