Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
He speaks passionately about Dirt 5 and the controller experience, nice video!

Dualsense really is what makes me more excited about the Ps5.

Camp1nCarl

Oct 25, 2017
Was planning on picking this up for the Series X, but if the DualSense performance is pretty stellar I'll be picking this up for PS5 instead. I guess we'll have to wait for more feedback first to see how it really is.

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
After Cyberpunk 2077 got delayed I've been looking for a game that is really going to make the Dualsense features shine. I think DiRT 5 might be that game.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
DualSense is going to be a godsend for racing games. Really hope we get a new WipEout for the PS5.

Deleted member 32135

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
How could you possibly know this? Neither you nor the person you responded to have any idea whether either of these statements are true.

Are you really asking why a wheel with good FF and good pedals are leagues ahead of what a controller can offer for a rally game?

If developers made some poor work or even a no-work optimizaing the game to a wheel is other topic.

May 24, 2019
I wonder if the trigger resistance could give a constantly changing 'gravel' feel to work against.
Only doubting because the big twisting mechanism doesn't look like it should be jumping around too quickly.
Md4TWrT.jpg

edit: Just talking the triggers here, not haptics. Those'll obviously give you the terrain feel.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I wonder if the trigger resistance could give a constantly changing 'gravel' feel to work against.
Only doubting because the big twisting mechanism doesn't look like it should be jumping around too quickly.
Md4TWrT.jpg

edit: Just talking the triggers here, not haptics.
What worries me is it being plastic, I hope it's durable enough though

McFly

Nov 26, 2017

edit: Just talking the triggers here, not haptics. Those'll obviously give you the terrain feel.
NBuy8Le.gif

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I was already sold but that video sold me extra. The way they are using 3D audio sounds incredible and really it's so annoying the headsets are delayed in Australia until December. Hopefully my beats solo3 that I have here do a good job!

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Unless there's big visual differences, yup, dualsense really seems the key differentiator and probably the reason to pick multiplatform games on ps5.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
The Duelsense might get me to try games I would normally pass over to see how they implement the haptics and the whatnot. Very sneaky Sony I see you. Game in a genre I don't care for all that much comes out, all reviews glowing about how it feels and suddenly I'm looking at it on the store smh.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
If we get current gen visuals to the max and just make it 120hz, I'd be totally content.

I think people need to be ready to embrace smoothness and an overall consistent experience from the time you turn on the PS5 to the time you get in a game.

Sounds like the PS5 sku is already legit just based on the dual sense. Legit difference. I may get a pad and before I have the console.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Interesting that there wasn't a single bit of tearing in any of this PS5 footage, whilst the Series X footage has been full of tearing, aggressive amounts of it.

In any case, this seals me getting multi-platform games with DualSense specific feedback on PS5 instead of Series X. And for those that don't I'll wait for Digital Foundry comparisons.
Biggest different to me was the road LOD pop/draw-in. Found it prohibitively distracting in the previously released footage, but doesn't seem bad here. Hoping they solved it across the board.

May 24, 2019
Which video? I'd imagine one of those surfaces is Teflon or Delrin or similar which doesn't need lubrication, being white instead of dyed black usually indicates that too.

Somewhere in here.

Funnily enough, the spot where they definitely swap out the plastic for the interior gate where the sticks rub/hit against is black instead of white.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Unfortunately, the game cuts back quite a bit for 120HZ. They even remove all bystanders.
honestly none of that makes a difference to me and neither will it to you when you experience that brain right. And this is talking about somebody that makes compromises on the PC and in order to achieve higher frames.

I think some folks need to really put everything in perspective realizing that in order if you're going to draw the game at 120 HZ then you have to make compromises and I don't care what platform it is that shouldn't be knocked. The fact that these consoles could even do that now we should be thankful and feel fortunate that we are jumping into this world. I say this as somebody that's had access to that for years and years and years before these new consoles.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
what else is 120Hz around launch on PS5? not a reason to buy but might tip me over the edge if I can use it to at least check my HDMI cables are ok and see what all the fuss is about :)

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Was planning on picking this up for the Series X, but if the DualSense performance is pretty stellar I'll be picking this up for PS5 instead. I guess we'll have to wait for more feedback first to see how it really is.
Agreed. Waiting for some reviews/comparisons. Also want to know if 120fps mode has been updated in any way.

WishIwasAwolf

Banned
Oct 24, 2020
Are you really asking why a wheel with good FF and good pedals are leagues ahead of what a controller can offer for a rally game?

If developers made some poor work or even a no-work optimizaing the game to a wheel is other topic.

A steering wheel is not really practical for some people as it involves customs stands or being required to sit at your desk. Also I don't think more than 5% of people actually play with a steering wheel, so for the vast majority of people, Dualsense will be the way to play

Deleted member 32135

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
A steering wheel is not really practical for some people as it involves customs stands or being required to sit at your desk. Also I don't think more than 5% of people actually play with a steering wheel, so for the vast majority of people, Dualsense will be the way to play

I can totally see that because I was in that position before but as an experience is on a different level, which was my initial point. More convenient? For sure a controller! More inmersive and the best possible experience? A wheel with FF.

The resistive triggers can be cool for sure for texture feedback and so on, but what racing games really benefict from are from resistive directional feedback. In other words, a resistive stick would be more helpful than a resistive trigger in case you could choose. Anyway, both would be far away from the full set of wheel and pedals in case you can afford it.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
This made me think....

Sony's gotta drop a DualSense Racing Wheel, no?

Good racing game wheels have had their version of adaptive triggers for a while with force feedback. Now if they added in haptics to the actual wheel to simulate things like the kind of pavement or earth you driving over, bumping into obstacles or other cars and things like that, well that would be awesome.

Haxik

Oct 27, 2017
It's a little bit underwhelming, tbh. For the first time in a lot of time, a new gen comes out without a big racing game (GT3 on PS2, PGR3 on 360 and FH5 on One).

DiNS88

Nov 22, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo, Brazil
Dirt isn't really my kind of driving game but I may pick it up for PS5 just because of the controller features If another driving game doesn't show up soon using the features. I also really like the way they are pumping out the music in the game world instead of directly to you.

I just might do that as well, seeing the guy's excitement sold me on the implementation of DualSense's unique features in this game.

On a side note, It really feels like Sony one-upped Microsoft when it comes to innovation in these key (but often neglected) areas of audio and controller feedback. Microsoft thought they were gonna run away with mindshare among users just by having the "world's most powerful console", but they could be in for a surprise.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Horrible graphics. DiRT Rally 2 absolutely looks more Next Gen compared to this game.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Came to post the same thing and i hope the Series X version is fixed for the final build because the screen tearing was horrible
A patch just released and looks like it has fixed tearing.

NOVEMBER 5, 2020 - PATCH 1.03 - XBOX
  • Further improvements to online matchmaking and connectivity
  • Further performance improvements to splitscreen functionality
  • Fixed an issue with Gymkhana events not launching after tutorial
  • Fixed an issue causing crashes when switching between video quality settings
  • Fix for screen tear instances
  • Resolved issue causing a loss of audio when using some audio outputs
  • General minor graphical, gameplay and quality of life improvements across the board, including GPU and CPU performance improvements

DIRT 5 – The Official Game Site

The official website of DIRT 5 – the Codemasters off-road racing video game launching in October 2020 on Xbox, PlayStation and PC.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
I for one welcome our new DualSense overlord.

Nice to see devs excited about the controller, the PS5 is becoming the system for better immersion and new experiences. I like it. :)

Oct 27, 2017
It's a little bit underwhelming, tbh. For the first time in a lot of time, a new gen comes out without a big racing game (GT3 on PS2, PGR3 on 360 and FH5 on One).

GT3 didn't launch on PS2, and if the rumours of GT7 launching in the first half of 2021 are correct then we might get GT7 faster than the PS2 got GT3.

I take the point though. I have some substantial reservations about Dirt 5 that I can't get past. WRC9 seems to be coasting under the radar though for anyone who wants a launch racer. I hear it's really good and will be launching with PS5 specific features (although I'm not sure to what extent they're embracing the DualSense)

Heidern

Oct 30, 2017
Connecticut
Md4TWrT.jpg

If the haptics do the gravel feel and the triggers have additional resistance wouldn't the net combined effect feel like you imagine? I hope it turns out that way.

Haxik

Oct 27, 2017
GT3 didn't launch on PS2, and if the rumours of GT7 launching in the first half of 2021 are correct then we might get GT7 faster than the PS2 got GT3.

I take the point though. I have some substantial reservations about Dirt 5 that I can't get past. WRC9 seems to be coasting under the radar though for anyone who wants a launch racer. I hear it's really good and will be launching with PS5 specific features (although I'm not sure to what extent they're embracing the DualSense)

Oh, that's right. We had the GT3 demo at launch or so close to it (I don't know how, maybe in the official PS Magazine?) but the game took a year to launch here in Europe.