• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Keep in mind this is just an idea. Am curious if people are interested. Unsure if it's possible or not but hopefully!

Oct 27, 2017
I'd buy it!

Though I assume the Patreon versions are already the highest quality we could get, unless there's some ultra high bitrate versions hiding on John's PC. Maybe some cool extras would make it worth it for existing patrons.

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
Keep in mind this is just an idea. Am curious if people are interested. Unsure if it's possible or not but hopefully!
tenor.gif

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
I'd buy it!

Though I assume the Patreon versions are already the highest quality we could get, unless there's some ultra high bitrate versions hiding on John's PC. Maybe some cool extras would make it worth it for existing patrons.

I don't have the ability to download the high but rate versions and play them on my TV, so the blu rays would be prefect.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Would buy and back. The Sega and old-school PC port episodes are worth it.

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
I probably wouldn't buy it personally, but it does seem like something that should exist.

I say go for it.

Oct 27, 2017
I would buy it John. It would be like having an encyclopedia on gaming history.
But I wonder, how many discs would such a collection need, since most of DF Retro's vídeos are pretty lengthy?

plusaflag

User requested ban
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
Well...it's Retro so it's not going to be HDR obviously as none of the content is HDR.
My bad, I got too excited and didn't read until the end.
I like the idea nonetheless and hope also that more people will get to support you on your Patreon. You guys post some of my favourite content on Youtube.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I'm about it.

Also thread needs a poll, those folks browse this site. Measure that demand! WANT.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
If we pull this off, I need to put "The Full Fat Edition" on the box, I think.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Not for me. They are in depth enough with the youtube videos that i dont need anything more.

Deleted member 7373

I would pledge for sure, mostly to support DF Retro.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
So to be clear, he's talking about episodes that are currently free on YouTube that they would collect and sell on a blueray?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Only because the point of this thread is to genuinely gauge interest, I'll be honest and say I'd never buy this. But if you go through with it, I hope it's successful!

Oct 27, 2017
I would love something like this. I'd be open to support a Kickstarter if that's what it would take.

DF retro is really well made, the Virtua Racing one recently was fantastic.

Wonder how many per disc.

Oct 25, 2017
Only interested at 60fps, full quality. Retro games at 30fps is a no go for me.

Can 4k blu rays not do 1080p60fps/4k60fps? I'd pay extra for a 4k disc if it does support 60fps at higher than 720p resolutions.

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not one that usually cares for buying physical versions of videos I can (legally) watch for free on YouTube, but I still like the idea of all the episodes being collected together with additional content and gladly support it knowing there's people who would be interested.

Basically, I'd still chip in $5 if a Kickstarter happened just to have something like my name be in the credits.

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't they have to make a license agreement with every company included before they can make a product for sale? I imagine this might be rather difficult.