• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
Digital Foundry making a video on this is huge as it might open the floodgates for more major outlets reporting on this

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
The idea that you can have these constant DRM checks and shit code running alongside a game and it not affecting performance was always silly.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I wondered if they would do this video, but thought it might be a little too heated for them to delve in to. Glad they did it.

Just clicked through the video to see pretty graphs, so sorry if this was covered. But, can legit owners just download the crack? Not that they should have to, obviously.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm really surprised df reported on this from a business relationship standpoint, but it's great they did.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. Not a good look for Capcom here....

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
Shit like this is what makes PC gaming so fucking frustrating. you can have the most powerful rig in existence but still have the possibly of having a worse performing game than vastly weaker consoles due to idiotic decisions from a developer/publisher gimping their PC release

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, first time we've seen like official confirmation of this from a prominent source.

Patch this shit the fuck out already. Should just be the default action once it's cracked / past the first week or month anyway.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Ridiculous. Is Denuvo really worth paying from pubs/dev perspective?
Pirates will most of the time pirate/crack it anyway and paying customers are getting slap to the face.

Oct 27, 2017
Shit like this is what makes PC gaming so fucking frustrating. you can have the most powerful rig in existence but still have the possibly of having a worse performing game than vastly weaker consoles due to idiotic decisions from a developer/publisher gimping their PC release

Not sure why these companies still treat the PC gaming platform like trash when they can clearly make tons of money with a well-optimized game.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I had heard about performance issues but damn that's awful. Capcom fix this, whatever it is.

Stealing this..

unknown.png

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I sure hope people complaining about it on steam review won't be categorized as "off-topic" review bombing.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
That's cool of DF to cover this. Anti-piracy measures should never punish the paying customer. Fuck off with that. Knowing my money got me a worse experience than if I pirated the game for free, it's a bit insulting.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Thankful that DF decided to give this attention, reaching out to Capcom and Denuvo also.
I don't think many outlets are willing to broach the topic, so it's greatly appreciated to see DF give it some prominence with clear explanation, and on top of that investigating alternatives to the crack also

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks a lot for the experience, Capcom...ya dumb fucks.

More proof that in the end, DRM only hurts the consumers who pay for your product.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Thank god DF made this article.

Now we can finally be rid of the "no stutters here it's buttery smooth" hot takes and concentrate entirely on this issue.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully we're now at a stage where people who try to argue DRM doesn't impact performance as open season to throw tomatoes at. That shit was always in bad faith.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Digital Foundry making a video on this is huge as it might open the floodgates for more major outlets reporting on this

Yes.

But I wish they would finally do some more coverage of other titles that aren't AAA next gen releases.
They could do so much more interesting Switch stuff as example, I'm a little bit tired of their selection recently.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Rich is talking about Denuvo, but according to the cracker, it's Capcom's own DRM at fault.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Rich is talking about Denuvo, but according to the cracker, it's Capcom's own DRM at fault.

That is going to make Denuvo freak out. They are going to demand that Capcom explains it is their own DRM and not Denuvos that's is causing the issue

This might actually make it even more likely that Capcom will fix it