Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
One of the biggest next generation mysteries is finally solved. Join Rich Leadbetter and John Linneman for a deep dive into PlayStation 5 backwards compatibility - a detailed look at some of the most challenging PS4 and Pro titles and how they run on PS5. Oh... and Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima running at 60fps? It's happening and it's in here.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

Did my own testing - hopefully it's deemed worthy to compete in here!

OP
OP
Uzupedro

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
c41eccd5-6103-4ceb-8643-9490fc08a963.png

Dimitris81

Oct 26, 2017
So games that have a 30fps cap, continue to run at 30fps. So Bloodborne is still a 30fps game.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never played days gone, seems like a great time to try it next week, especially with the ps plus collection

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Written article:
www.eurogamer.net

PlayStation 5 backwards compatibility tested - and it's fantastic

PS5 play your PS4 games better than ever before. Digital Foundry is impressed by one of PS5's most important and - up to now - most mysterious features.

So, after some confusing messaging from Sony back in the day, followed by months of radio silence, the outlook is good. PlayStation 5 delivers comparable backwards compatibility with last-gen titles to Microsoft's equivalent feature. Sony's solution lacks some of the finesse and the sky-high resolutions of Series X playing One X versions, but clearly, it has advantages of its own. Before the arrival of Xbox One X in 2017, many Xbox games topped out at 900p vs 1080p PS4 equivalents. Series X can't break that 900p limit, but 1080p is what you'll get on PlayStation 5. PS4 Pro games may well have to contend with lower resolutions than One X equivalents, but in unlocked frame-rate scenarios, the boost to performance will be higher.

Really though, the key message to take from this piece is that PS4 users looking to upgrade to PS5 can relax. Your games will work - and then some.

Lordy does that DS3 footage make me weep for Bloodborne.

Last edited:

Sutton Dagger

Oct 27, 2017
Do games need patches for this or are these unlocked framerate games that naturally get a boost with the more powerful hardware.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
When they called it Fantastic! like that I was half expecting secret 60fps patches for TLOU2 and Bloodborne or something lol. But it's nice that it has parity with XSX.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
For like a month I've been not playing games much. I have to jump back into Ghost of Tsushima so I felt like I just wanted to wait.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Rich wonders why Sony was being so quiet about BC, and I think it just comes down to their generation talk. They wanted all the marketing focus to be on PS5 games rather than any enhancements to PS4 games.