Oct 25, 2017
I feel like people aren't reading at all.

If a Xbox SAD can do all the functions of a streaming stick AND play games separate from streaming like basically every other single streaming stick in existence, then it just makes sense to try to make an ultra small Xbox SAD streaming stick that natively plays games instead of a streaming only stick . Mostly because there would literally be no purpose to the stick when MS could just release an app for any of the already existing streaming sticks.

The point of the controller was to illustrate that there is very little consumer pricing room between a $60 controller and a $150 all inclusive system that includes a controller and plays games. Trying to sandwich a $100 streaming only stick in between those is not a great move especially if your plan is to remove the much more capable option that only costs $50 extra.
And the point i(and others persons) said is that XBOS AD isn't going to be manufactured forever. These 16nm lines aren't going to be keep when newer nodes have been adopted. Also, what's the point of doing investment and RD into a even smaller XBOS AD(Which mean moving into a 7nm node, making a new case for the smaller box, etc) when you can just do a cheap(and with a less costly/return investment) USB/HDMI streaming stick? Yeah, we know(and also has been discussed) that MS probably will favour deals with TV manufacturers and/or current streaming sticks makers(Amazon, Google) to embed/make available their XCloud app on these platforms rather than releasing an Xbox XCloud stick.

MykhellMikado

Alt account
Banned
Jan 13, 2020
And the point i(and others persons) said is that XBOS AD isn't going to be manufactured forever. These 16nm lines aren't going to be keep when newer nodes have been adopted. Also, what's the point of doing investment and RD into a even smaller XBOS AD(Which mean moving into a 7nm node, making a new case for the smaller box, etc) when you can just do a cheap(and with a less costly/return investment) USB/HDMI streaming stick? Yeah, we know(and also has been discussed) that MS probably will favour deals with TV manufacturers and/or current streaming sticks makers(Amazon, Google) to embed/make available their XCloud app on these platforms rather than releasing an Xbox XCloud stick.

the point is to make a final revision, if you have to design and manufacture new anyway you may as well do something they actually has a higher chance of selling.

JFoul

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be interesting to see how this all turns out. I have a feeling I'll be okay with using the Xbox One X for 2-3 years into the Series X lifecycle.