Status
Not open for further replies.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
When he was training his crew, he said that the word "cocksucker" is just "two nouns combined to elicit a prescribed response." He got his degree in philosophy, but still didnt realize that there is actually a verb and adjective in the derogatory word.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
A sucker is not a verb. Just like "runner" is not a verb there are tons of word like this - where a noun is formed from a verb that discribes an action. Lots of reverse cases too.
And cock is obviously a noun. When you call someone a "cock" it still isnt an ajdective. The "a" before gives it away.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
Thank you for reminding me of possibly the greatest movie ever made.

AAA high-budget Roadhouse videogame when? The IP is a goldmine. I'm thinking Rockstar would be a good fit.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
He also said 'pain don't hurt' and then he winced when getting stitches.

I know he has a degree in philosophy, but I'm not sure he's particularly smart.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
Yeah... both "cock" and "sucker" can be nouns and other parts of speech.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
did you notice that bangai-o (from Resetera) does not know the difference between nouns, verbs, and adjectives?
VsV8c9M.jpg

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
Well, you got to hand it to him, this has been a most amusing weekend thread!

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
This not the post I wanted it to be, but regardless: I first watched it last month and Roadhouse is fucking awesome.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Did you notice that Kevin Nash (from WCW) doesn't know the difference between verbs and adjectives?

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Pain don't hurt.

This is a lie, I found this out when I had an infection in my tooth. Fuck you Dalton!

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When he was training his crew, he said that the word "cocksucker" is just "two nouns combined to elicit a prescribed response." He got his degree in philosophy, but still didnt realize that there is actually a verb and adjective in the derogatory word.
What's the verb and adjective in that compound word?

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
"Cock" is an adjective because it is describing the kind of sucking that is occurring. "Suck" is a verb. Then, the suffix /er/ is added at the end making it a three syllable word.

But "sucker" is a word, and is a noun. It's only an adjective when paired with a second word. So why is the assertion in the OP that it's a noun incorrect?

Why are we suddenly counting syllables?

Last edited:

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I think you could make the argument that "sucker" is a verbal adjective in this context but yeah its probably a verbal noun.

Maybe. I've never seen Roadhouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.