• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Date in high school

• Never

• I think it was a date?

• With one person

• Yes (multiple people)

Results are only viewable after voting.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. Missed way too many signs from other girls while having eyes for one who never liked me back. Then I moved partway through my junior year of high school and that caused me to rewire my brain as far as hanging out with people lol, mainly kept to myself until I graduated.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Did a lot of dating, a lot of cheating, a few threesomes and a ton of "talking," as we used to call it. It wasn't until I started dating my wife that I realized this was not a normal high school experience. The movies that I watch because they feel like high school are apparently the cautionary tales movies. 🤷🏾‍♀️

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Not really, no. I was closeted (and still questioning my attraction to the opposite sex) so not going out of my way to date sort of makes sense to me now. I had a date for prom, but that was about it.

Do I think it affected me? Not really. I mean, I certainly missed out on the experience but I don't think it stymied my ability TO date. Recently after coming out, I was trying to juggle three different people. On second thought, maybe not dating hurt my ability to stay committed to one person (which I am now). Having "options" seemed really appealing. Or maybe I'm trying to make up for lost time *shrugs*

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I didn't come around to my sexuality until college despite being friends with at least one gay guy, so no.

Some people thought I was dating the girl who started the video game club during my senior year. Not only was there no substance to that, but it was also kinda weird to have people talk about me that way, especially since she was a freshman and, in turn, was 3 years younger than me. I did help her run the club because I tried (and failed because it was rejected by the administration) to start my own video game club my sophomore year, so I wanted to at least make that a success before I graduated.

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
Over the course of high school I think I dated 6 or 7 different girls. Never anyone from my school though, always from neighboring schools or people I met through mutual acquaintances. I didn't really socialize with people I went to school with in general, outside of 1 or 2 good friends.

Oct 25, 2017
I was pretty shy with girls during that time and dated only with one girl for a while because she made the initiative and I really liked her. I don't even know why I was so shy. There were multiple other chances I could've taken if I had the courage since I knew some other girls were interested and I was interested in them. It doesn't really matter now but I guess it would've made my youth more fun.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Had a girlfriend in senior year that didn't last after I left, due to factors unrelated to me going away for uni, and that were out of our control

Ezra

Nov 14, 2017
Started dating my currently boyfriend 14 years ago when I was 15, so yes. Our first date was very, VERY, awkward.

I remember vividly how we said hi, then didn't talk to each other for 3 hours straight and then we kissed for like 15 minutes. We didn't talk at all but at the time I felt very cool because I've kissed a boy.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nah, I certainly had some crushes, but was just focused on being a kid in high school. I made up for it over the subsequent years, especially in my 20s.

tiesto

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY
I was super shy and awkward in HS, I went out with a girl to the mall, and went ice skating with some girls... but none of it went anywhere. I had my first serious relationships when I was in college.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I grew up in Scotland. I remember the day I became interested in girls. I was 12 or 13, sitting on a wall near the river (the Wateer of Leith) with the boys - we literally would have looked like Little Rascals or Stand By Me, and one of the crew said, "Hey, did you hear about Susie Smith (name changed to protect the actually innocent)? She'll let you look at her boobs for a quid." I hopped off the wall right there and then, because that was the moment I became... A MAN.

However, I didn't have a quid, and if I did, I'd have spent it on Tizer and Kola Kubes. Maybe a 2000AD comic.

A couple of years later I dated a girl I had developed a crush on, delivering newspapers to her house. One day the same kid who told us about the Bargain Boob Show, told me that he'd heard through the grapevine that Newspaper Girl was going to dump me. So I ran as fast as I could to her house, rang her doorbell, and before she could say anything, breathlessly told her we were through, that I was breaking up with her. Stunned into silence she stared at me as I walked away, relieved that I hadn't been dumped yet and had gotten out in front of that shame. And that was the moment I became... A MAN.

Later, it transpired that he had invented that rumor out of spite, and she was not going to dump me and she was devastated and humiliated and it was too late to fix it. However, one thing he did tell me that was true, is that dating is like getting into the housing market - once you have a foothold, you have mobility to upgrade and stay in the game. I became more confident about it, and by the time I went to college, I had been through the various stages of dating and breakup a few times. And that was the moment I became .... A MAN.

I also just realized that my childhood was basically the "Wee Gary" cartoon from Limmy's Show. This realization is the moment I become ... A MAN.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I didn't start dating till after High School. I wanted to but looking back it would have been a train wreck. Present day me can barely do it as is so high school me would have been doomed

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017

2164191-wood_man_2___mega_man_9.jpg

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
I was a closeted gay kid at a private Baptist school with less than 50 students in extremely rural NY, so no, I did not date. My first time dating was in my early 30s, lol

Untzillatx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Basque Country
No, I did not. I could have, but I was too self-conscious and also afraid of what my friends would think (quite stupid reasoning looking back, they never cared what I thought about their dates/girlfriends). So there was a couple of times when I was 16-18 that I could have as there were people interested but I just pretended not to care.

A decade later to now, I haven't dated since.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't have time for that shit lol

Between schoolwork and vidya, my existence was pretty simple and I didn't want what felt like petty stuff to complicate things.

Now that I'm older I do kinda pine for companionship, but I'm concerned with losing quality time for myself. It's how I recharge and recover from the daily BS that is life.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, too big of a coward. Looking back, wish I had the gull because it turned out I was pretty darn good looking lad.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Yep but nothing long term (more than 6 months). It wasn't until college when I had a long term girlfriend.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. Back then I was desperate. That may be one of the reasons none of the girls were interested in me.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
no and looking back there were at least a couple of girls who really liked me for sure. I regret never saying anything, but I have had crippling social anxiety forever so that makes it extra extra hard

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I had a girlfriend from age 12-16 (we broke up just before GCSEs). I then dated a few girls (5) that lasted around 3-6 months each. Until the end of sixth form and into that break before Uni. I've only had 2 relationships since then and I've kind of realised I enjoy life more without a permanent significant other and that's okay. (I haven't had a proper relationship since my early 20s and I'm 28 in June)

rycisko

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
HS was a blast.

Had a huge group of friends (20+) that got together all the time, had parents that hung out and knew each other, allowed us to party and stay out late as long as we were honest and controlled (yeah right) It was a fucking blast. Like every other weekend was straight outta Dazed n Confused. Dated plenty, had sex plenty. Pretty much the opposite of what everyone has to say about HS for me.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah, one or two casual dates and then my first long term relationship (like 10 months) senior year.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Did a lot of kissing, petting, sexting, and fucking, but only went on like one or two official dates in HS. Funny thing is I never actually messed around with anyone AT my HS. All of my hookups, experimentation, and girlfriends came from church (huge youth department) and or my neighboorhood. Literally lost my virginity to my next door neighboor when I was in 10th grade.

Edit: Yikes, I just remembered I did fool around with someone from my HS, but we both pretended like we didn't do what we did once we were at school. We wouldn't even speak in the hallway lol.

InspectaDekka

Banned
Jan 4, 2019
When I was like 14-17 I simped over this girl who wasn't really interested in me but we were good friends. I was the dark gothic clown of the group we were in but I wasn't exactly confident outside of school (I didn't give a shit about my clothes and would always cover up as much as possible because I had TERRIBLE body dysmorphia - I think I was 7 stone when I was 16) but then she ended up dating this other guy throughout sixth form. As soon as I gained more confidence in myself, she found out I had a MASSIVE crush on her and it was kinda a running joke that I didn't mind because I was super over it.

Anyway from 17-18 in Sixth Form, I spoke to girls...but unsuccessfully. Was a massive douche that thought cold bitchy assertiveness was a way of gaining girls because my one friend (who I was also semi interested in once) told me that girls wouldn't be into me because I was so utterly self deprecating (which was true - as you can tell by my Henry Rollins avatar I'm not a big fan of self loathing anymore). So I kinda misunderstood things which led me into shit and I'm really not much of a fan of how much I was an asshole to people.

There was on time I gained a tonne of sympathy because I was interested in a girl that my mate was interested in and she was interested in him so they both fucked and he broke it to me in a "shitty way" (we were eating lunch and he dropped the ball because he knew I was trying to get to know her) but I honestly couldn't help the inevitable so I didn't get angry or anything, but people were like "hey that sucks dude".

Started talking to a girl at the end of the year who was going to a University near me (SUPER out of my league by the way...at the time and now) and that also had embarrassing consequences of my desperation.

In short, no. I didn't date because I'm a firm non romantic because of shit in my life that has transpired. I just have excursions now. That's it.

Brandino

Avenger
Jan 9, 2018
No. I was to shy to even ask a girl for her number. Looking back, there were a few that very into me and I was oblivious. Didn't really start trying till my late 20's, and I'm married with a two year old now.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I had one older gif who was 20 when I was 17. Almost all of my dating and messing around comes from after high school.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I had my first gf at 20 (after college, actually) so no I did not date in HS. I had friends, and a decent amount of female friends, but I was broke, nerdy, unathletic, had zero confidence, no transportation, didn't drink or do drugs, didn't go to parties, occasionally bullied. Wouldn't have known where to begin.

Hit a growth spurt in college but other than the drinking, doing drugs, and partying bits, pretty much the same.

Didn't really start asking girls out until grad school (age 22). Had multiple gfs and dated around a fair bit in my 20s. Didn't really see myself as *attractive* until I started working out (around age 25). Left my longest relationship of 4.5 years at 32, was single for 3 years and dated dozens of women over that time, met my current gf at 35 and we've been together since.

Being a late bloomer I was very aware of others around me being better at dating and socializing, and very aware of the way people's perceptions of me changed over time. I don't have very many fond memories of HS, and people that meet me now are always surprised when I tell them I didn't date anyone because no one wanted to date me.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
No and i wasted my time thinking I should be. If I had of just focused on studying things probably would have been better for me in my career.