Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Never really cared for them, though it can be fun when you get a little sign of certificate for pulling off something unusual or silly (like FTL's "Astronomically Low Odds", for missing every shot in a salvo with fully upgraded accuracy).

Ventilaator

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
More, because I started to feel bad about the amount of money I spend on games that I move on from with like 4% trophy completion.

So now I'm forcing myself to look at the trophy list and actually fully play the game I bought, instead of dashing through it as fast as possible so I could quickly start the next one. if there's a trophy for a game I enjoyed that's like "Do one side mission" or "Check out the thing you unlocked after finishing the game. Literally only just look at it for one goddamn second you moron" and I don't have those trophies, the only reason for that is "I'm dumb and also bad with money"

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Simple answer:

Last gen: time > games
---> more achievement hunting

This gen: games > time
---> less achievement hunting

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I care less

what changed? i dont get reward points for getting them anymore

empo

Jan 27, 2018
I only cared for them for a hot minute when they were still pretty new in WoW.
Turn them off/ignore them wherever possible now.

virtua_44

Jan 16, 2019
Over time I hate them more. Honestly wish they would disappear from all platforms bc I hate looking at them but I understand people like them. Maybe a way to hide them?

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
About the same. I love that trophies are in games because it drives me to interact with more side content than I normally would, but I still only go for a platinum if I LOVE a game AND as I near the 75% mark, I'm pretty reasonably close to getting it.

Oct 30, 2017
mildly cared about achievements on 360, cared somewhat less when PS3 got trophies after the fact, and now i don't remotely care about either.

Spamlynguist

Oct 27, 2017
I went for a lot more (Platinum) trophies this gen than the last. It's also because a lot of First-party Sony games have really doable Platinums that don't waste your time that much.

Brick

Oct 25, 2017
I care for them now the exact same amount as I did when they first came out: Not at all.

Glad they're there for those that are into them, but achievements never registered as something I need to pay attention to.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
They don't seem to matter or amount to much in the meta game, so it's an opportunity wasted. Further, they are inconsistent, with some game being reasonable others requiring impossible feats to complete them.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
I was all about cheevos back on 360 because they were front and center and pretty unavoidable. Broke 100k and was v proud of it.

In the past 6 or so years I couldn't tell you how many I got. Probably less than 20k? They just weren't visible, to me or socially, and I just didn't care any more or have the time.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
same as always. never been interested in them. they don't do anything for me.

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never cared about achievements and I still don't, but I did get my first platinum last year thanks to FFXII TZA. It's one of my favourite games so I wanted to complete everything.

Not sure if I'll ever get another one, but I do have 80% of the trophies in Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3, and Dragon Age Inquisition. I'd have to do a lot of chalice dungeon bullshit, farm covenant items, and re-play DAI on nightmare. No thanks.

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
Less, mainly because the UI is terribly bad and slow, so I stopped checking them.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
MORE than ever because the older I get, the longer I play games(40+ years now) I need more from games to keep me going. It's not the driving force behind my hobby, but it feels good to beat a boss, a level or complete a collection or perform a skill move and get that beautiful achievement sound. I am not even a completionist, but I love them.

Minastepes

May 3, 2018
Kisiljevo
I care more and more about them, generally speaking I 100% every solo games (God of War, Yakuza 6, Spiderman, Sekiro, Trails of cold Steel, Death Stranding)
But i'll never try to achieve an online game (Call of duty, Dragon ball fighterZ, Street Fighter V, Destiny, Final Fantasy XIV...)

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Lost interest the last couple years, but about the same over the course of the gens, didn't give a single shit for the first couple years of last gen. Biggest reason I fell off recently would probably be me and my friends no longer doing achievement/platinum competitions every now and then.

Diddy Kong

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still care but definitely not as much. Trying to 100% games feels redundant with all the dlc achievements added.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Way less because I have so much less free time. If I love a game I'll enjoy going through the achievement list (Monster Hunter World for example, because I just like the game itself so much) but in most games I don't bother.

Most achievement lists have at least one incredibly grindy, time sink achievement in it that just kills my interest in the entire list.

For example I love the Yakuza games but if I tried to Platinum them, if hate them lol.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
The only time I have cared is when a game presents a challenge that I find interesting, like The Witness, Hotline Miami, or Deus Ex Human Revolution/Mankind Divided did.
I'd prefer if there was an option to disable achievement notifications in Steam - I really dislike those if I am not specifically playing for the achievements.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
About the same. I like them. I try to 100%\plat the games I really like.

I will say that I love that they're showing up in retro games and remasters/remakes. Nothing like going through an old PS2or PS1 games for trophies. Hell, there's even a SNES game with them.
I love it.

Nov 8, 2017
Less overall, but it varies depending on the games I'm playing.

For example, I definitely think less about trophies when playing VR games (which weren't a think last gen), and I've also been playing Conan Exiles for the last eight months without any focus on getting the trophies (even though I know I ultimately will), whereas I never used to play many long games.

On the other hand, I put a massive amount of time and effort into getting the Platinum in DJMax Respect last year, so it definitely varies.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
I still like getting achievements, but I fell off the trophy hunting scene when some games still lacked platinum trophies and only had 100%s

Augemitbutter

Oct 25, 2017
about the same. I just nope out faster when the rest is about massive collectibles, or collectibles which you can't realistically find on your own. I stay when the game is fun and it's more about skill. You can't beat playing a well balanced hard game for trophies. That's where trophies shine.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Never really cared about them in the first place so the same I guess. The implementation of them in wow was one of the contributing factors for me quitting though.

Oct 29, 2017
The same, I'm heavily into them. The only thing I don't like about the Xbox One achievement system is the change from small badge graphics to large images to represent each achievement. The result is that most games now use zero-effort screenshots instead of the bespoke icons which were often pretty creative and cool looking.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
More, but only because Microsoft Rewards quests since they eventually lead to gift cards. Otherwise I'm still indifferent about achievements.

MontlyCure

Oct 27, 2017
FL
Less just due to the fact that I primarily play games on PC now. I used to love going for platinum trophies back on the PS3 but I just don't play enough console games now. Steam achievements just don't do it for me either.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
I stopped caring about Xbox Achievements last gen when I switched to buying most of my multiplats on PS3, and I never cared about Steam achievements since they can be easily cheated with that one unlocker program. I care less about trophies lately since a lot of games require multiple playthroughs, and I just don't care to replay things.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
About the same, as far as I can tell.
I enjoy when they pop up (unless it's some dumb "you pressed the start button, congrats!" achievement, those I could do without), but I don't actively go hunting for them unless it's an in-game MMO "achievement" that has a tangible reward, like a mount or a title or something. I've never been into trying to 100% a game's achievement list. I don't have the time or patience.

iamandy

Nov 6, 2017
Brasil
The same. I feel the trophies are more fair and fun the gen. I got 10 platinums last year and had a blast getting them.

Zugma

Oct 27, 2017
I probably spend less time trying to collect them, but they're still a nice roadmap to show me things I may not have done in the game, so I'll always give it a look when I'm wrapping things up. I wish more games tied unlockables or other tangible things to a trophy, though. Maybe throw the player a free theme, or some in game costumes for getting certain trophies

honorless

Oct 28, 2017
About the same. Maybe a little more. My stance toward the occasional grind has softened. So while before I would immediately nope out at the thought of racking up kills or lucking into some rare drop, now I might consider how much I liked the rest of the game and how close I am to finishing the list and say "Yeah, OK. I'll go for that."

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
I no longer actively trophy hunt. When they pop up I'm still satisfied, but letting them dictate how I play a game is long over.

I stopped caring about Xbox Achievements last gen when I switched to buying most of my multiplats on PS3, and I never cared about Steam achievements since they can be easily cheated with that one unlocker program. I care less about trophies lately since a lot of games require multiple playthroughs, and I just don't care to replay things.
Was watching Jim Sterling play some random shit Steam game where he was on a tank a few years ago. While he went down the road, a steady stream of achievements popped up on the screen. I couldn't imagine anybody taking those things seriously.

Rai_11

Nov 7, 2017
I definitely cares more for trophies this gen! A lot more! The bulk of my plate from PS4. Bloodborne and Sekiro plats are a testament to that.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I stopped caring when achievements were no longer ingame, and instead were only accessible via Steam. Very few games have actual ingame achievements, like GemCraft or Kingdom Rush, and that's mostly to their flash heritage.