• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
DDNPuyj.png

WHAT IS THIS

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
LOL, was just wondering myself. Don't like it, too bright. It was perfect before.

OP
OP
Alvis

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
LOL, was just wondering myself. Don't like it, too bright. It was perfect before.
I don't think it's "bad" now but it's funny to me because the theme that clearly needs tweaking in the color department is NightEra, not DarkEra. I think most people agree that the DarkEra color scheme was already perfect

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they changed the color of the time stamps too. It looks weird but it's something one can get used to, unlike the Entertainment change

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's "bad" now but it's funny to me because the theme that clearly needs tweaking in the color department is NightEra, not DarkEra. I think most people agree that the DarkEra color scheme was already perfect
Yup, lol. NightEra looked atrocious, could never use it. DarkEra is perfect to me.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Did the admins seriously just change the icon colour without consulting the community? This is absolutely disgusting behaviour. I feel betrayed, scared, angry and we should all leave the forum in a mass exodus.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The colour was perfect before. DarkERA isn't the theme that needs fixing.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's fine, mostly because it's not worth going into another 5 hour maintenance because of it

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks horrible.

I, and the other prominent members, think it should be changed back to the way it were.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Guess they made them bigger too? Not sure why they felt the need to change an unsupported legacy theme

OP
OP
Alvis

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Why change it? People use DarkEra specifically because the colors on the other themes are wack.
It's weird. People keep switching to DarkEra because they don't like NightEra colours and they change the DarkEra colours...? I don't really get it. It's not a big deal but... eh

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Uhhh yeah, the colors on your own/quoted posts seem different too? What's going on?

Isn't the point of a Legacy theme not to change anything?

EDIT: Maybe your own posts are the same, but quoted and the most recent post are definitely different.

Cirrus

Oct 25, 2017
It's ugly now.

Out of curiosity I switched over to NightEra to see if maybe they had improved that but it was still as hideous as ever.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, it's def uglier.

Eh maybe this means that the Legacy mode is not unsupported anymore and they will finally fix the android keyboard bug that administration knew about since before they made the new designs, where using the recommended words doesn't work correctly!

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The dark grey background of the forum also ends directly at the navigation bar (forum, watched theads, mark forums read, etc.) now, instead of a bit below it.

Might be just a bug/oversight from working quickly to get things back the way they were.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I SEE YOUR GAME.

Make the horrible Entertainment / OOC / No OT Changes, and roll those back so we dont notice this change!

Big Change Little Change!

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
I immediately noticed this as well.

Let's hope it's groundwork for a non-eye-melting version of NightEra

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
It is an unintentional change caused by XML updates. Our tech team is diligently working on fixing things.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"We here at ResetERA have dropped support of the Legacy themes"

*everybody goes back to Legacy theme after awful color theme of new ones*

"We here at ResetERA will change your favorite legacy theme slowly but surely so you eventually have no option but to try the new themes"

Status
Not open for further replies.