• Early: rough, Full: smooth

Votes: 68 17.5%
  • Both rough: error 37, queues for hours, servers on fire

Votes: 101 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Level 39 in the beginning of act 3. I know the cap is 100, but I assume I should be around 50 at the end of the game? How long is this game, cause I feel like 11 more levels isn't that long, but I feel like I've only just scratched the surface of the main story?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think you can make any skills work but you need the legendary item mods to make the skills really powerful.

In early game, maxing 1 - 2 skills worked really well for my beta sorcerers. And once you get access to the passive skill lots, things become even easier.

The only legendary item drop I've even seen so far is a pair of gloves that barely seem to do anything. I'm still doing act I story quests and everything takes an eternity to die and kills me super quickly.

Disker

Sep 17, 2020
So I completed the campaign what is the "best" thing to do. My build is okayish now for WT2. Completed the dungeon to unlock WT3

Tree of whisper stuff? Think my build won't handle WT3. I do t know. Farm stuff for better gear, and if so what's the "best" way?

GreyHand23

Apr 10, 2018
The only legendary item drop I've even seen so far is a pair of gloves that barely seem to do anything. I'm still doing act I story quests and everything takes an eternity to die and kills me super quickly.
Open the menu where you can see codex for aspects of power. Filter for your class only and look for aspects you can get from dungeons in one of the first three areas. Click on those aspects and it will even show you where the dungeons are. Once you've put some of those aspects on gear to make the legendaries you'll be much stronger.

I would also suggest looking at some leveling guides. Maxroll.gg has some good ones.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Open the menu where you can see codex for aspects of power. Filter for your class only and look for aspects you can get from dungeons in one of the first three areas. Click on those aspects and it will even show you where the dungeons are. Once you've put some of those aspects on gear to make the legendaries you'll be much stronger.

I would also suggest looking at some leveling guides. Maxroll.gg has some good ones.

The only sorc aspect I've seen in the early area is something that makes Ice Shards pierce enemies. Everything else near me is barb or druid-only, and one necro aspect.

The central issue I'm running into is that I'm out of mana after two casts of a core ability and then it's just frantic running while waiting for my dodge to come off cooldown and praying I don't die first, while surrounded by huge mobs. My crowd control lasts SECONDS and my damage isn't nearly high enough to capitalize on it.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017

Explore a little bit, do some side quests, and find some Lilith statues which give immediate boosts. It will snowball from there.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
People beelining the main story are crazy. I just finished Act 1 at 38 and I could've kept going. Taking my sweet ass time.

Problem is, once you hit level 50, you'll gain very little XP from things in Tier 1/2, and you can't move to Tier 3 until you finish the story. So you really want to be hitting 50 and finishing the story about the same time, or you're going to spend a while leveling very slowly until you finish the story.

GreyHand23

Apr 10, 2018
So I completed the campaign what is the "best" thing to do. My build is okayish now for WT2. Completed the dungeon to unlock WT3

Tree of whisper stuff? Think my build won't handle WT3. I do t know. Farm stuff for better gear, and if so what's the "best" way?
Tree of whisper is just ok but it can get you started and you will get glyphs for paragon board and sigils to open nightmare dungeons. Helltides give much better gear. You want to prioritize switching all your gear to sacred pieces. Ideally they will be in the high 600s item power wise.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
People beelining the main story are crazy. I just finished Act 1 at 38 and I could've kept going. Taking my sweet ass time.
I am not really beelining, but knowing that once you reach level 50 you gain little to no exp until you finish the campaign I would rather not run into that situation.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Loving the game so far, but there are a few annoying things that maybe I just dont understand? I have a main story quest that says its lvl 26, but the area it sends me to is lvl 30+. I also am not sure I like that the enemies scale with your level. I guess if it didnt, the game would be far too easy, but I struggle to ever feel super powerful in games that opt to do things this way.

Also - fuck Revenants

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Extracting affixes from legendaries becomes expensive, wow. I was paying like 54k to get rid of them.

Disker

Sep 17, 2020
Tree of whisper is just ok but it can get you started and you will get glyphs for paragon board and sigils to open nightmare dungeons. Helltides give much better gear. You want to prioritize switching all your gear to sacred pieces. Ideally they will be in the high 600s item power wise.
Okay gonna read about helltides and stuff because the game didn't really explain it.

Also the gear goes in tiers from what I read right. So it's better to equip high power gear to advance to the next tier? My gear ks about 570 580ish now.

Thanks!

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Was bothering me how outside of spurring, my Sorcerer felt like she was equal to, or in some cases faster than the horse, but I couldn't ever really prove it, or know the exact speed of the horse. Now that I have 30% run speed, I did. That's exactly what the horse runs at before any spurring. That's one slow ass horse.

I bet ice is probably better for soloing. With more freeze in place and slowing ablities. Like me I have to use the dodge a lot . Should I invest in teleport? I have yet to even learn that.

IMO, Teleport is mandatory for any leveling build. It's also a sure way to get unstoppable. While leveling it's not even really about being able to dodge anything with it as much as it just lets you move around the map and dungeons a little faster. Also, Ice can level OK, but it has pretty major mana issues early on. Lightning is pretty much the easy mode for leveling.

Arc Lash does a ton of damage, and is probably one of the best generators (damage wise) in the game. Chain Lightning is initially good for packs, but gets even better if you start putting points into Fireball once you hit level 15 and use that in your enchantment slot. Each time you kill an enemy, a Fireball will explode where it died, setting off a chain reaction. You can easily start that reaction from a distance with Chain Lightning, or up close by hitting multiple enemies with Arch lash as well. For Chain Lightning you just need to get the aspect that returns mana per bounce off of you, which you can get in Fractured Peaks pretty early.

I'm so disappointed with Sorcerer. I just don't get this skill tree system, it feels like every single build I attempt is fucking terrible. Damage output is in the pits, I ALWAYS get destroyed by bosses, etc.

I miss Crusader. This just really isn't fun for me.

What are you trying to play with skills wise, and what level?

Last edited:

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
Is it better to equip legendaries or higher level Rares? I am. In the mid 30's
it really depends on the stats, such as affix and aspect that can really give you and edge.

in general, legendary have better stats but then there is times that the rare have all the affix you want and with the multiplic inc can out power the legendary. but in general this only happen if the rare is higher item level than the legendary.
its easier to see when comparing weap, since tou can switch between then and look at your ability and also try hitting something to see the compound dmg (vul or knockdown multiplier etc)

armors is a bit harder to tell. imo, i would see if the legendary have the aspect that i really want or not before switching it to a higher lv rare. tho you can extract the aspect from the legendary and put it in the higher lv rare but the aspect can only be moved once. i tend to keept a spare before i do that and keep a higher roll for future use.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
I've been doing that. I'm level 27 and I've done a bunch of quests and I still feel pathetically weak.

I felt pretty squishy at the start. Get teleport, and gear that has +1 evade charges seems pretty darn common. Idk if it's based on level but many feet I find now all have that.

Then you can grab the ice armor and fire shield invuln thing, and aligning the elements. You can have like 3 heavy mitigation options + 3 dodges + the invincibility bubble from the act 1 amulet.

Also focus on a basic skill and one other skill and max those out. Can also play on WT1 if you're on 2, 2 can feel a bit spongy at points but it keeps me on my toes at times as well.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I felt pretty squishy at the start. Get teleport, and gear that has +1 evade charges seems pretty darn common. Idk if it's based on level but many feet I find now all have that.

Then you can grab the ice armor and fire shield invuln thing, and aligning the elements. You can have like 3 heavy mitigation options + 3 dodges + the invincibility bubble from the act 1 amulet.

Also focus on a basic skill and one other skill and max those out. Can also play on WT1 if you're on 2, 2 can feel a bit spongy at points but it keeps me on my toes at times as well.

I had Teleport and I hated using it. It never seemed to actually do anything worthwhile so I ditched it in favor of Frost Nova instead. Fire shield also only lasting two seconds just made me wonder why even learn it in the first place.

I'm just really bummed. Wizard in D3 at least had that insane arcane beam attack that I could funnel most of my energy into, but almost all of her abilities in this just feel so weak, like the game expects you to have a tank absorbing enemy attention while you throw rocks from the sidelines.

What are you trying to play with skills wise, and what level?

I had a complete rage meltdown last night when the Spiritcaller of Frost killed me 7 times in a row and as of right now I don't even know what my build is. I've respecced like 10 times. But my main focus right now is frost nova, hydra and ice needles, with the electro rage ult. Level 26 or 27.

harinezumi

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Me when I found a second legendary with the aspect to add two additional waves to Blood Wave only to realize they don't stack.

eca.jpg

Native_Vel

Jun 5, 2022
I'm astonished that at no level is casual grouping encouraged. Helltides would be the perfect opportunity for the game to alert you to nearby players fighting a boss or engaging with an event. It feels almost— intentional. Games like Division 2 and Destiny deserve a lot of credit for making grouping up effortless.

The irony of it all is other Diablo games have matchmaking. Just wild all the way around.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I'm only 31 but I'm really surprised how much I'm enjoying druid. I may actually roll it again for the season.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I had Teleport and I hated using it. It never seemed to actually do anything worthwhile so I ditched it in favor of Frost Nova instead. Fire shield also only lasting two seconds just made me wonder why even learn it in the first place.

I'm just really bummed. Wizard in D3 at least had that insane arcane beam attack that I could funnel most of my energy into, but almost all of her abilities in this just feel so weak, like the game expects you to have a tank absorbing enemy attention while you throw rocks from the sidelines.

I had a complete rage meltdown last night when the Spiritcaller of Frost killed me 7 times in a row and as of right now I don't even know what my build is. I've respecced like 10 times. But my main focus right now is frost nova, hydra and ice needles, with the electro rage ult. Level 26 or 27.

If you were not able to experiment in the betas, now would be the time I suppose to try everything you want out. If you want something that's easy though, I would suggest converting to this:

Level 27

You just need to make sure you get the Recharging Aspect (Fractured Peaks), which returns 4-6 mana each time Chain Lightning bounces off of you. You can also eventually find one that causes your Chain Lightning to bounce up to two more times as well. This is very, very good on bosses.

Fireball would also go into your first Enchantment slot, and later Chain Lightning in your second, or even Fire Bolt (makes all of your attacks burn regardless of element) and pick up the passives that increase your damage against burning enemies, as well as 1-2 that heal you from burning enemies.

Last edited:

Mukrab

Banned
Apr 19, 2020
Just so you know. Mobs in world tiers 1 and 2 stop scaling at 50 so unless you're okay with barely getting any xp at some point. You should finish the campaign. You can be okay with this but maybe it doesnt sound that crazy anymore when there is a downside to not finish the story.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
Okay gonna read about helltides and stuff because the game didn't really explain it.

Also the gear goes in tiers from what I read right. So it's better to equip high power gear to advance to the next tier? My gear ks about 570 580ish now.

Thanks!
during helltide, which have a set timer.
the region will have these psuedo coffer (75/125/150...etc) that you need the region's timed helltide currency.
you can get these currency by killing any mob in that helltide region, interacr with some objects in the map, do the events for currency from coffer. once you get enough currency, and go look for these coffer scatter around the map.
there will be multiple coffer available for 75, 125, 150 and higher req values. once open, you have to find another.
note, of you die, you will lose half of your currency. if helltide ends the currency will get reset to 0. so each helltide have its own set of currency.

also there are rare mats (plants) that only obtainble during helltide. use for like upgrading potion potency and crafting.

helltide is a slightly easier activity to engage for raising item level. otherwise you could try do grim favor events or cellar instead of the dungeons for a easier time.

also you can do any event that give gamble currency and use it on the gambler for legendary. note, gamble on wt3 and higher and look for the slot item that have glowy border on them. it means they have a chance to be sacred gears.
gambler inventory cycle in a timeframe i think.

once you get enough starting gear, take on the nightmare sigil. those are what you mainly want to do, because at completion you interact with an obj to level up glpyhs you have or found.
also completing a nightmare sigil is a garentee legendary but rng if its sacred or not.
-
sacred is just a prefix for gears that is over lv50. clearly identify by the glowy borders on the gear.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If you were not able to experiment in the betas, now would be the time I suppose to try everything you want out. If you want something that's easy though, I would suggest converting to this:

Level 27

Yeah, I never got into any of the betas, so I'm making it up as I go. I guess the game really wants you to funnel all of your skill points into specific skills instead of widening your net, but I'm just never good at that stuff, especially when the initial levels of most skills feel so weak that they aren't worth investing in further. I genuinely hate skill tree systems and I miss D3's modular skill structure.

And being honest, I just really miss Crusader and Monk so much. I specifically picked Sorc because I have zero interest in playing as an ugly musclebound roid monster, and none of the melee classes seem to let me play with a body type I like, lol.

Mukrab

Banned
Apr 19, 2020
Yeah several people have pointed this out.

That's just dumb considering the amount of side content the game has.
Exactly. Some people might not care and thats fine. But blizzard should have said something. Most people care about leveling while they do the content and no one knew this early on so a lot of people got to level 50 in act 1 or 2 and then had to do 5 acts of getting almost no xp to finally be able to level normally again when they would have gotten normal xp doing the exact same thing in a different order.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021

Is this the optional enemy in NW Fractured Peaks? I died twice and just never went back lol.

Would recommend skimming some build guides, otherwise looking at the codex of power and seeing what stuff looks like it could have explicit or implicit synergies, looking through the full skill tree and going from there. Also don't forget about enchantment slots. Lots of cool possibilities it feels like there as well.

Got an aspect from some dungeon in scosglen that gives me a stacking damage up buff every second up to 30% if I stand still, so for bosses I just pace out mitigation and spam skills. Chain Lightning has an aspect in fractured peaks that restores mana if it bounces off you as well. So in boss fights I find I get back mana extremely quickly and if I pop the ultimate I can usually burn through 1.5-2 of a boss' phases. Some mobs can be a bit more challenging especially if they're quick and in small areas.

The location of DIV takes place in the North-Eastern part of Sanctuary, so it's mostly away from the towns & cities that we've traversed in during DI-DIII.

Here's the world map, for reference:

Diablo-3-map-Sanctuary-1500px-h1.jpg

It's kinda nuts how much of the map is in the game. Hopefully they manage to cover more of the world with expansions.

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
Man I hate that I can't play a shadow based Necro with my friends because my abilities obscure everything. Can't see floor hazards. Can't see their positions. Can't see enemies! Just ugh.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Is this the optional enemy in NW Fractured Peaks? I died twice and just never went back lol.

Would recommend skimming some build guides, otherwise looking at the codex of power and seeing what stuff looks like it could have explicit or implicit synergies, looking through the full skill tree and going from there. Also don't forget about enchantment slots. Lots of cool possibilities it feels like there as well.

Got an aspect from some dungeon in scosglen that gives me a stacking damage up buff every second up to 30%, so for bosses I just pace out mitigation and spam skills. Chain Lightning has an aspect in fractured peaks that restores mana if it bounces off you as well. So in boss fights I find I get back mana extremely quickly and if I pop the ultimate I can usually burn through 1.5-2 of a boss' phases. Some mobs can be a bit more challenging especially if they're quick and in small areas.

It's the boss of the (level 20?) sorcerer class quest. When you bring the two magic boxes and unlock the necromancer's coffin, the Spiritcaller of Frost pops out.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
That's wild and we are definitely going to that other continent in an expansion. I feel it in my bones.

It's kinda nuts how much of the map is in the game. Hopefully they manage to cover more of the world with expansions.

Totally. The development team have already confirmed that two expansions for DIV are in the works, so it wouldn't be that much of a surprise that we will get more of the world map to explore.

I do admit that I'm fine with not exploring Tristram for the forth time, as I want to see more of the continent we are on. Maybe we might go to the isles were the Amazon class from DII hails from?

Wtfpigeons

Aug 6, 2020

It's the most annoying part as you get to like level 48 and the xp just Just nose dives and I was really enjoying just exploring then suddenly I had to absolutely bee line campaign as I was level 54 and the xp bar was taking forever and I was just getting no gear or xp. Ruined the levelling process for me personally.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
I'm done watching build videos. Watching YouTube videos/toktoks of high end players fully specced to maximise a specific build then ranting it's broken actively stops me enjoying my mid tier, less than perfect builds that I'm having fun with.

Seems the community just wants to spam a single skill and see everything explode in .5s
lol dont worry about those best tier build guild. only for folks that want to farm or can only enjoy the game because of farming.

i personally just sticked with my rapid fire/death trap rogue build and is doing fine with the current legendary aspect i have. i enjoy playing this style that to run around with twisted blade or playing herds the sheep with basic then using penetrating shot once a while to kill them all at once.

i have no issue doing dungeons solo and can hold on my own against a butcher. sure im slower compare to the best tier for speedfarming since i dont do aoe often but i hella enjoy spamming rapidfire at range instead lol

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone think they'll add more areas in the game with different seasons? Or is this the map we are going to get in full? Maybe sub layers?

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017

the thing is, you can do the side content post game and the content reward will scale with you on later world tier too. thus its more of hitting 2 bird with 1 stone or reducing the need to repeat the dungeom again if you are already gonna do it again later. like for say grim favors or nightmare sigils etc

its really a personal preference in term if they enjoy doing it later with the added scaling or just enjoy what is present rn.
due do note stuff like worldboss is lock behind finishing story. dont rember if legion event is lock behind it or not. but those two event is where you see randos to fight together and its pretty fun on top of getting loot.