• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
Impressive work! Final Fight always had a place in my heart, young kid arcade memories.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Another problem with the SNES port is that although it lacks an entire stage, it still takes much longer to beat than the arcade original.
Since only three enemies can appear at a time, encounters will drag on forever.

I think Capcom realized how much of an issue this was. Final Fight 2 & 3, despite suffering from the same three-enemy limitation, have far better pacing than the FF1 port.

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
That was amazing. This is coming from someone who never thought the final fight series was any good.
The intro was amazing. We need haggar is so games!

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Thpose Alph Lyla arrangements are godlike.

JusDoIt

The original Final Fight's music cannot be praised enough. I wish the Alph Lyla and Sega CD arrangements were more widely available.

This was a great retrospective. FF3 is a much smoother experience as a single player game. It's a classic, I don't care what anyone says.

Final Fight 1989 remained my GOAT brawler until Streets of Rage 4.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I can play a perfect arcade version on my MiSTer now, which I believe is what was used to capture the arcade version footage of this video!

Roshin

Oct 30, 2017
Sweden
Never knew there was a C64 port. A bit more than the old breadbin could handle. :)

I would have liked to hear a bit more about the version in the Beat'em Up Bundle, which was only mentioned briefly at the end.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
Not talking about the MiSTer CPS1 core seems like a glaring omission. It's by far the best way to play the original arcade game right now.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
This was a great watch, it made me want to play Final Fight and I don't like Final Fight :x I mean I don't dislike it, I just don't think this genre as a whole aged very well.

Apr 19, 2018
Definitively comprehensive indeed. I was like, "Hold on, they're going to neglect mentioning Maki, Hugo, Poison, Abigail and Lucia's appearances in CvS2 and Street Fighter?" -- but then I saw they get the mention toward the very end. Same goes for word of the Final Fight port featured on the Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle.

iconoclast

Dec 15, 2017
watched this yesterday and wondered how they missed Freddie Mercury being the most obvious influence for Haggar's design

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
edit: my timetable seems messed up

Last edited:

crimzonflame

Oct 25, 2017
Definitively comprehensive indeed. I was like, "Hold on, they're going to neglect mentioning Maki, Hugo, Poison, Abigail and Lucia's appearances in CvS2 and Street Fighter?" -- but then I saw they get the mention toward the very end. Same goes for word of the Final Fight port featured on the Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle.
He forgot Guy and Cody were in SF x T 😙

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
Just watched the whole thing. Loved it. I played so much Final Fight CD as a kid. Video made me want to watch Hard Times and Streets of Fire again.

I would pay SERIOUS money for a proper Final Fight collection. One that included everything, Arcade, Snes 1-3, Saturday night Slam masters, One, Revenge, Streetwise, etc

Also a Streets of Rage 4 style sequel. would love it see it.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
contextualizes why Final Fight 2 always felt off for me while not being downright bad. just a grab bag of ideas

if it was some non descript brawler it'd be fine but c'mon man... the numerical sequel to final fucking fight

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Final-ly got around to watching this, great video. I consider myself a fan of the series, but I agree with their assessments. Somehow nothing ever really topped the first game, which is weird considering how old and archaic it is in some ways. Somehow it still holds up really well though. The sequels aren't bad by any means, but just never manage to carry the formula unambiguously forward.

By the way, Double Impact is currently on sale on xbox for $1.99 https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/...dd?cid=majornelson&DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

It's a great version of the game, and it comes with the much-overlooked Magic Sword, which is a fantastic game as well.

Also FYI, you can still download the Double Impact soundtrack on Capcom's community site here: https://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2014/05/05/monday-raffle-final-fight-double-impact-ost

Unfortunately most of the tracks are cut short, I'm guessing it's exactly what they put on the casettes they sent out. Side note, I really want to track down that press kit!.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This bump got me thinking... Surely this means Street Fighter II is coming up some time in the future on DF Retro! :P