OniBaka

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Also to note enemy step cancels your current animation to jump so you can get creative with combos with it.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I planned a week off in March and it just so happened to be the week after DMC5 releases, the universe knew. I can't wait for this, just want to play with Dante so badly.

AVtechNICK

Dec 13, 2017
TWO WEEKS LEFT!
giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
What video blocker do you use? I usually just avoid using youtube as we get closer to a big release I care about, fuckers so desperate for views the titles be like "Major character X is killed by Y cutscene".

I use this one:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/video-blocker/jknkjnpcbbgcbdbaampbjlhkcghmgfhk

Then I add some keywords depending on what I'm trying to avoid, as well as a couple of channels that spoiled me on things I wasn't even expecting to get spoiled before, and I don't even watch them, so I'm not losing anything. Right now my list looks like this:

2BppZwJ.png

Adding character names is good to avoid stupid clickbait like "VERGIL DEATH SCENE".

It completely removes it from your youtube navigation. Even if you search for a blocked word yourself it won't show you anything.

Oct 25, 2017
And just as I add all of those words to Video Blocker, youtube starts recommending me japanese videos on the game, lmao.

Add those to the list as well:

デビルメイクライ
デビル メイ クライ
隻狼

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
And just as I add all of those words to Video Blocker, youtube starts recommending me japanese videos on the game, lmao.

Add those to the list as well:

デビルメイクライ
デビル メイ クライ
隻狼
How do you say MICROTRANSACTIONS in Japanese?

Preferably with a tone that maintains the inexplicable outrage.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
It's probably been posted since the video is a couple of weeks old, but I only just found the full version of Nico's theme, and it is a BOP:

I've been listening to it all morning.

Oct 26, 2017
I use this one:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/video-blocker/jknkjnpcbbgcbdbaampbjlhkcghmgfhk

Then I add some keywords depending on what I'm trying to avoid, as well as a couple of channels that spoiled me on things I wasn't even expecting to get spoiled before, and I don't even watch them, so I'm not losing anything. Right now my list looks like this:

2BppZwJ.png

Adding character names is good to avoid stupid clickbait like "VERGIL DEATH SCENE".

It completely removes it from your youtube navigation. Even if you search for a blocked word yourself it won't show you anything.
"You can block Shirrako and Boss fight database on youtube" should be a pinned thread, fuck these two.

I've managed to stay 99% spoiler free on Sekiro, but adding that too. Only place i've been spoiled is here by some user with a persona avatar posting gifs in an unrelated thread, went 0-Kamiya real quick.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
"You can block Shirrako and Boss fight database on youtube" should be a pinned thread, fuck these two.

I've managed to stay 99% spoiler free on Sekiro, but adding that too. Only place i've been spoiled is here by some user with a persona avatar posting gifs in an unrelated thread, went 0-Kamiya real quick.

Make sure to block MKIceAndFire too.

Who is the second girl? The one in the car.

Lady, the heroine of DMC3.

Oct 29, 2017
So I was originally gonna go with the alt costume for Nico

But after playing the demo, I have fallen in LOVE with her

PARAdoja

Oct 27, 2017
I use this one:

Then I add some keywords depending on what I'm trying to avoid, as well as a couple of channels that spoiled me on things I wasn't even expecting to get spoiled before, and I don't even watch them, so I'm not losing anything..

Thanks man, I've copied the list like that with a couple additions since it still showed me a couple of dmc videos

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I use this one:

2BppZwJ.png

I chuckled when I saw Shirrako at the bottom.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Man I fucking love that new PlayStation Access video on why the game FEELS so good to play.

"Devil May Cry only looks good if you are good at it."

I remember watching my cousin play DMC3 and not really enjoying the combat because he thought it was simple and kinda boring. Well, yeah, you're just mashing triangle dude. And then of course the game only lets you get away with that for so long.

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone complaining about red orbs for micro transactions clearly hasn't seen how many red orbs some people have gotten in the demo.

They seem super easy to get.

My van edition is on the way!

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I use this one:

2BppZwJ.png

You should add Prosafiagaming to that list as well.

Fucker puts bosses on the thumbnail for no reason.

Nosgoth

Oct 28, 2017
Famitsu posted a boss preview video, now this one is kinda spoilery as it shows quite a few bosses and dialogue in Japanese.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
After much consideration, I would like to apologize to Itsuno and to the DMC community for my actions. I took things too far.

I think it's because I'm afraid that if I don't try to point out the negatives of this game, my own shortcomings as a DMC player will be brought forth. For you see, I have a secret... I suck at using Dante. Like, I legit am god-awful with the guy. Nero, no problemo, I can handle him with 0 issues in DMC4. Even Dante in DMC3, I could handle relatively well. But adding style-switching, it just messes me up.

So to have this Magnum Opus, and to have to come face to face with my lack of skill.... Twas too much to bear and I lashed out. I am sorry, Godsuno. No more shall i point out the MI .... *clears throat*. No more shall I point out the monetization schemes present in the game and instead shall only talk about the game properly.

And I guess I can't complain Godsuno. For you have given unto me, V. The best character in DMC history. A character that perhaps is the best character this decade. Across all mediums.

I know I have no right to call you this but I implore you. Brothers and sisters of DMC, RISE UP and obtain those SMOCKING SICK STYLES in all your missions. May your dodges be true, and your royal guards timely. Amen.

I beg for your forgiveness, brother Son of Sparda

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
After much consideration, I would like to apologize to Itsuno and to the DMC community for my actions. I took things too far.

I think it's because I'm afraid that if I don't try to point out the negatives of this game, my own shortcomings as a DMC player will be brought forth. For you see, I have a secret... I suck at using Dante. Like, I legit am god-awful with the guy. Nero, no problemo, I can handle him with 0 issues in DMC4. Even Dante in DMC3, I could handle relatively well. But adding style-switching, it just messes me up.

So to have this Magnum Opus, and to have to come face to face with my lack of skill.... Twas too much to bear and I lashed out. I am sorry, Godsuno. No more shall i point out the MI .... *clears throat*. No more shall I point out the monetization schemes present in the game and instead shall only talk about the game properly.

And I guess I can't complain Godsuno. For you have given unto me, V. The best character in DMC history. A character that perhaps is the best character this decade. Across all mediums.

I know I have no right to call you this but I implore you. Brothers and sisters of DMC, RISE UP and obtain those SMOCKING SICK STYLES in all your missions. May your dodges be true, and your royal guards timely. Amen.

vQxVNFv.gif

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

dante2.gif

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Famitsu posted a boss preview video, now this one is kinda spoilery as it shows quite a few bosses and dialogue in Japanese.

Oh man the ending to this video got me so excited, this is my most anticipated game in a long ass time. Also a new cover to my favorite Dante battle theme by LittleVMills, Capcom should really consider making a pack with just his covers.

GurrenSwagann

Sep 20, 2018
Man, I think I'm most looking forward to seeing Vergil again and how he interacts with Nero. I REALLY hope he gets a redemption arc. :(

Nosgoth

Oct 28, 2017
Famitsu sure got a lot of dmc5 content, they just uploaded a vid on V's dt usage. More specifically, how V can use his dt gauge to enhance shadow and griffon and have them attack enemies automatically. Note this is different from the general auto mode you can turn on and off.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I think I'm most looking forward to seeing Vergil again and how he interacts with Nero. I REALLY hope he gets a redemption arc. :(

Vergil pretty much just wanted more power, which is implied to be because of the trauma of seeing his mother get murdered. A redemption arc would pretty much just involve him letting go of that desire. The games themselves haven't even portrayed him as being evil, just misguided.

GurrenSwagann

Sep 20, 2018
Vergil pretty much just wanted more power, which is implied to be because of the trauma of seeing his mother get murdered. A redemption arc would pretty much just involve him letting go of that desire. The games themselves haven't even portrayed him as being evil, just misguided.

Raising a big ass demon tower out of the ground with seemingly little regard for the destruction that would cause doesn't really paint him in a good light. Then again, we're not entirely sure what his plans would be afterwards. Would he rule over the human world as a benevolent ruler like daddy, or subjugate them like slaves? Who knows.