Second third - "Fucking hell I need this"
Final third - "Gimme now"
Final shot of the trailer -

wKPJsZU.gif

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm thinking it's a bit more nuanced.

After all, V says that his mission, even at the expense of his own health, is to "stop evil". But then on the other hand, Urizen is right back on the tip of wanting more power, and doesn't care how he gets it.

For all I know (and hoping for such), maybe V was a last resort that Vergil had to rely on, because he knows what his "other half" did. But he also needs Dante and ESPECIALLY Nero to get on the level. Could be a nice way to give Vergil some decent character development, when he acknowledges that by himself, he's weak and that "together, with family, I'm strong". And then effectively has to help kill of the worse parts of his "past self"...

...but I'm probably going a bit too deep for an action game, as it is ahahaha.

Is that so~?
Yes. If you re interested let me know and I'll tell them. Btw its actually two guys, one is a 3D artist the other is a 2D artist both have worked in the game industry. I've seen a lot of their stuff.

curtismyhero

Aug 29, 2018
This trailer just got me to my core. Man... seeing that "history" scene was something I've been curious about since DMC1, and it finally showing up a bit seriously gave me goosebumps! The 8th cannot come fast enough!!!!

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Consider me weak too... but I didn't think it was that bad. We knew he'd be in there.

But yo, I want to know more!

What time does it unlock on Steam? The day off is gonna be a hard wait.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
You ever just Judgement Cut the fucking earth?

Because Vergil just did that shit.

Oct 27, 2017
Yep thats a spoilery trailer, but I don't care. Theres still enough questions that need answer.

I'm calling it now, Vergil is either some illusion or the product of some time travel / time distortion shenanigans.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Oh my god, the voice acting is so fucking weird. The delivery on lines feels robotic as hell and some of these lines are just garbage, regret being born? Your worst nightmare?

The graphics tho.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA

Hell frickin yes.

That AMD bundle that I bought might be my best purchase this year. This year has been absolutely fantastic so far.

If the second half of the year can match the first half of the year, this could go down with 2007 and 1998 as one of the greatest years in gaming.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Oh my god, the voice acting is so fucking weird. The delivery on lines feels robotic as hell and some of these lines are just garbage, regret being born? Your worst nightmare?

The graphics tho.

You should hear those lines in a motivated voice distortion software.

It will all make sense.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

The graphics tho.
The Urizen dialogue is actually just a regular VA with voice modulation and change of pitch.

In fact, when you put it through a pitch change, you will find that

Urizen sounds like Dan Southworth, Vergil's voice actor.

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty ignorant here of this universe so I saw nothing that I thought of as a spoiler

Can it be that V isn't there when Vergil has his big entrance?

Hearing it a few times, I somehow don't like Eva's dialogue. :/
It seems like a weird thing to me, to tell him to forget the past, change his name, a new beginning... I kinda know what she's getting at, but it doesn't sound natural.
Sure, tell him to run, to hide, and hide your identity. But forget the past and a new beginning? (And I'm still not getting over the question, where Vergil is at...._.)

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
No one is talking about it but when the logo appears and Nero is reaching out for something... his mechanical arm is glowing blue and his is growing wings behind him like the logo of DMC5.

This could be the scene where Nero gains his Devil Trigger back and regrows his demon arm.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
No one is talking about it but when the logo appears and Nero is reaching out for something... his mechanical arm is glowing blue and his is growing wings behind him like the logo of DMC5.

This could be the scene where Nero gains his Devil Trigger back and regrows his demon arm.
Yeah, something is happening. Saw a few people mention it in comments.

I'm intrigued enough to just wait it out until I play now! Woop!

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yep, stacking up on my Jones Green Apple soda and Ice Cream Snickers. Going be one hell of a weekend next week for me.

Last edited:

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017

Watched that scene over a few times and came to pretty much the same conclusions. Hopefully this isn't something we only have access to at the end of the game only.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking amazing, is Dante's new sword his own sword? Force Edge/ Sparda was his fathers, while Yamato and Rebellion were gifts.

Has Dante obtained / created his own Sword?

It kinda looks like Cavalier sword tho...

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think this sword is the true form of Rebellion... Rebellion always have been lackluster compareted to Sparda and Yamato who had some special abilities

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

D0QcEi7WoAABdjX.jpg

We may be looking at a FFXV logo type of deal.