• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Since we're sharing our Wasted on Destiny stats, here are mine (yeah, I still love my Garden of Salvation emblems lmao)

85-E12017-2917-42-EA-AC97-8-FA4-F9-D8-AA9-C.jpg

wod doesn't count tower menus or orbit time which I do...

I use this site its awesome tells you your game-play time per day and what day and overall time in the game..

name: ne0ism-
Total Time in Destiny 2: 1992h = 83d 0h 23m
Total Time in Activities: 1155h = 48d 3h 58m
Destiny 2 Activity Count: 5612
Current Streak: 1 days inactive
Longest Streaks: 39 days active | 27 days inactive

https://chrisfried.github.io/secret-scrublandeux/guardian/2/4611686018433147239

McArkus

Oct 25, 2017
MX
Love Destiny, one of my favorite games ever, also the one place I found great friendship from others. Right now don't play as much and doing other backlog games but I'm just waiting for the next expansion to dive in back full.

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
I'm a baby compared to everyone else, but I can't wait to get closer to the hours of others. ;w; It's honestly mostly been my comfort game when I need to get my thoughts off of my depression/anxiety.

OP
OP
Thiago

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I use this site its awesome tells you your game-play time per day and what day and overall time in the game..

That's an impressive heatmap! Thanks for the link, I didn't know it.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Why would you want to count orbit time though? I'm sure we all have let it sit there for long periods at a time.

Oct 3, 2019
I know people like to shit on launch Destiny, but I have fond memories of it. I fell off fairly quickly, around the time the first expansion released, but the time I played was fun and exciting, and I haven't experienced that kind of excitement in a game since. I really hope another game releases next gen that can give me that same feeling.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

Yeh if I include Tower, menu and Orbit lmao..

Total Time in Destiny 2: 3577h = 149d 1h 45m
Total Time in Activities: 1975h = 82d 7h 23m
Destiny 2 Activity Count: 13251

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Been drifting in and out of Destiny since the beginning. Always feels like it's so close to something special but I've had some really great moments with friends on it over the years.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
House of Wolves will always be peak Destiny for me and nothing the game has done since then has brought that feeling back, and that's fine. I'm glad I had that short period of pure joy with the game.

Glad it's still trucking on for the people still playing it, maybe if Dead Orbit ever returns I'll give it another shot

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
House of Wolves will always be peak Destiny for me and nothing the game has done since then has brought that feeling back, and that's fine. I'm glad I had that short period of pure joy with the game.

Glad it's still trucking on for the people still playing it, maybe if Dead Orbit ever returns I'll give it another shot
When did you bow out of 2? Curious to know if you played through either Forsaken or Opulence.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When did you bow out of 2? Curious to know if you played through either Forsaken or Opulence.

This fall was gonna be the first year I skipped the big fall expansion (although I'm planning to get a Series X and it's free on Game Pass so I'm gonna end up playing it anyway). I've played a month or so each time before falling off, and it has been fine, just didn't hook me like the second half of the first year. Forsaken's story was fun, loved exploring the moon again, but the game just didn't keep me.

Just a combination of that launch Destiny high combined with the only time my brother and sister played the game with me. That and I still think House of Wolves was the peak meta for PvP.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny is my forever game atm. I just cant stop playing it. No matter what comes along I always go back to destiny. It is just the best feeling shooter of all time.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
This fall was gonna be the first year I skipped the big fall expansion (although I'm planning to get a Series X and it's free on Game Pass so I'm gonna end up playing it anyway). I've played a month or so each time before falling off, and it has been fine, just didn't hook me like the second half of the first year. Forsaken's story was fun, loved exploring the moon again, but the game just didn't keep me.

Just a combination of that launch Destiny high combined with the only time my brother and sister played the game with me. That and I still think House of Wolves was the peak meta for PvP.
Fair's fair! Was just curious to know as now we're getting on there's quite a timeline and many of us have dipped in and out from seasons as and when. Always interested to know which people found good and which they shrugged on. As for PvP, I'm still waiting for them to bring back the one and only master's choice; No Land Beyond!

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, the 4k/60fps gets me a bit hyped for it that I may consider jumping back in, but I seriously have no idea where the hell this game left off and I also am not entirely sure I really care enough for the raids.

AfterTheFall

Oct 27, 2017
Beyond Light hitting Game Pass and consoles getting the bump to 4K/60fps are exciting times ahead as we draw the year to a close too. Holding out hope for an FoV bump but either way, be nice to offer the 60fps goodness to more people playing from the sofa.
[/QUOTE

Yup looking forward to this

CurseVox

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts (USA)
I was a little late to the party, but Destiny 2 has been my go to comfort game for awhile now. I just wish I could jump in on some raid action with a good group. I have yet to try one and all I hear are horror stories about joining a party as a random. Would love to stock up on some of that sweet sweet raid gear before the new season starts though, just not sure the pain is worth the reward. heh

Lenz

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Still playing on and off to this day. Excited about Beyond Light.

It's pretty crazy how far this series has come, and just how much farther it CAN go. I'm excited about the potential.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
2696 hours and 42 minutes in D2 - top 1%

3156 hours and 55 minutes in D1 - top 2%

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
Played a little of D1 up to basically the release of the first raid and had trouble at the time getting into a group to do it. I checked out D2 for a couple hours when it went F2P on Steam, but ended up sorta confused and dropped it, but it was still installed on my computer. About a month ago, I loaded it up again on a whim because I just really needed a good solid game to focus on for awhile. Ended up buying both expansions and here I am going on 500 hours played. The series does have a lot of warts, but I am enjoying playing catch-up and really appreciate that this *isn't* just a corridor shooting game. The fact that Bungie makes platforming, puzzles, and mysteries a part of the overall experience sells it for me. Maybe some people don't want chocolate in their peanut butter, but this could've otherwise been a very "same-y" MMO. Now that I'm entrenched, I'm looking forward to exploring things fresh with everybody else when Beyond Light drops.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny 2 is leagues better than D1, but D1 has some good stuff that we have not seen return in D1

For those saying that D1, come back. The game is better than ever

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
2696 hours and 42 minutes in D2 - top 1%

3156 hours and 55 minutes in D1 - top 2%

Since my numbers are super high and I stopped playing D2 around Saint-14's return. I decided to check a close friend of mine's:

3890 hours and 57 minutes in D2

to be fair, at one point with were less "gamers" and more "Destiny players". Can't wait to return and join him with the next expansion just to fuck people up in crucible šŸ˜‚

Jmvm

Oct 31, 2017
Stubbington, UK
D2
Name: jmvmadeira
Total Time in Destiny 2: 2969h = 123d 17h 34m
Total Time in Activities: 2200h = 91d 16h 35m
Destiny 2 Activity Count: 8865settings
Current Streak: 2 days active
Longest Streaks: 35 days active | 12 days inactive

D1
Total Time in Destiny 1: 3472h = 144d 16h 12m
Total Time in Activities: 2677h = 111d 13h 5m
Destiny 1 Activity Count: 9913
Current Streak: 3 days inactive
Longest Streaks: 146 days active | 153 days inactive

Still play D1 sometimes just for the locations

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dropped off after Forsaken, I just got so burned out. I admit, I miss my Hunter but I don't plan to go back.

Screenshot-20200909-164247-Chrome-1.jpg

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
The handcannon meta from when House of Wolves dropped was some GOAT pvp time for me. Was so fun, and I loved grinding the Trials mode. Fell off of Destiny 2 shortly after launch because I wasn't crazy about the raid, but I'm excited to jump back in on PS5, will be a great experience between the new expansion and the upgraded performance

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
I am but baby compared to some of your times in here. However, I have periods where I fall off of the game REAL hard. This was true for both D1 and D2.

dplaytimej8kig.jpg

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
While I found myself disappointed in Destiny, I do feel that it's the most influential game of the past decade. For better or worse.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Part of me wish I kept playing but I feel the same about GTA Online lol. Had some amazing times with Destiny, never got into the hardcore stuff but did enjoy the raids when it wasn't with a bunch of ppl who get angry when things aren't done perfectly. It's an amazing game with an awesome community for the most part.

Warlocks forever

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Part of me wish I kept playing but I feel the same about GTA Online lol. Had some amazing times with Destiny, never got into the hardcore stuff but did enjoy the raids when it wasn't with a bunch of ppl who get angry when things aren't done perfectly. It's an amazing game with an awesome community for the most part.

Warlocks forever
You should come play some gambit.

xB3OU1m.gif

Chris_Rivera

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't know what could possibly bring me back into D2. The idea seems nice, but I remember all the mindless maintenance playtime required and man I really would have to be bored to do that another year.

gerdoom

Oct 27, 2017
Can't thing of another game that kept my attention for this long, hears to another six.
454jxGG_d.webp

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Warlock would be much popular than Titan lol.

I was a little late to the party, but Destiny 2 has been my go to comfort game for awhile now. I just wish I could jump in on some raid action with a good group. I have yet to try one and all I hear are horror stories about joining a party as a random. Would love to stock up on some of that sweet sweet raid gear before the new season starts though, just not sure the pain is worth the reward. heh

You might want to check out Destiny 2 OT in Hangout section and join DestinyEra discord. People there helped me do most of no-matchmaking content (Raid, dungeons, exotic quest, etc).

Oct 26, 2017
D1 Year One THE GOAT.

The handcannon meta from when House of Wolves dropped was some GOAT pvp time for me. Was so fun, and I loved grinding the Trials mode. Fell off of Destiny 2 shortly after launch because I wasn't crazy about the raid, but I'm excited to jump back in on PS5, will be a great experience between the new expansion and the upgraded performance

Word. The most fun I ever had in Destiny.

destinytime.png

Vanilla D2 was just abysmal, dropped it before the first DLC, recently started playing again and it's certainly a good time, looking forward to Beyond Light but it just hasn't grabbed me like before.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Fun shooting mechanics but the progression is boring. I wish each character had a tech tree with fun abilities to work towards.

purg3

Oct 25, 2017
6ijjuc2.png

Favorite game out there despite all the issues and the boneheaded decisions bungie makes. Game is just fun to play with buddies and shoot shit.

Name: purg3
Total Time in Destiny 2: 1834h = 76d 10h 59m
Total Time in Activities: 1305h = 54d 9h 6m
Destiny 2 Activity Count: 6054
Current Streak: 3 days active
Longest Streaks: 19 days active | 126 days inactive