• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Except in it's current state D2 is 90 gigs, shadowkeep being 70 additional gigs definitely raises the question if there's a lot of content they've been silent about, considering the moon is coming back, and the file size is curiously almost doubled, could the other D1 patrol locations be hidden in there?

It's not content. Just pre-rendered movies and uncompressed audio.

That Stadia version is kind of enticing tbh. Hopefully the Stadia store has decent sales.

You'll end up downloading far more than 165GB if you end up playing the Stadia version regularly.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't bother me at all because this will be on my 500GB NVME. I already have D2 installed on it anyways.

I actually might get another Microcenter brand 250 GB NVMe just to move D2 onto.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
That's excessive. Actually so big that I would decide not to buy it.

You base your game purchases off of the amount of storage they take?

That's a new one. So many ways to combat storage space if on console, or PC. Aside from just buying more room, I'll never understand people that let tons of games - ones they never play anymore (or hardly) - installed on their platforms. Just... free up space.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Why is this so surprising and bad? The game has high good textures, open spaces and lots of content they've been adding for 3 years now. Very weird thing to get upset about.

I want to have my cake and eat it too!

I want a massive game with almost every location in D1 brought forward to be on one bluray!

This is 2019. This is the price for visually impressive, massive AAA games. This is an FPS MMO.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You base your game purchases off of the amount of storage they take?

That's a new one. So many ways to combat storage space if on console, or PC. Aside from just buying more room, I'll never understand people that let tons of games - ones they never play anymore (or hardly) - installed on their platforms. Just... free up space.

I have just a passing/limited interest in Destiny 2. I own a PS4 Pro and Xbox One X with limited space available. I'm not interested in dedicating that much space to Destiny 2 (approx. 3-4 times most games), so I'll pass.

Kadath

Oct 25, 2017
I guess very soon the physical boxes will have games delivered directly on USB drives.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
1. Delete games you're not playing.
2. Download thing.
3. Go to work, sleep, play another game, paint, do anything else.
4. Play thing.

I can't really sympathize with the proclaimed woes of large download sizes. If your internet is especially garbo then fair enough, otherwise, there are many ways to not make an issue out of it.

If it's enough to dissuade you from purchasing a game, I highly doubt you were that interested in playing to begin with.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
I have just a passing/limited interest in Destiny 2. I own a PS4 Pro and Xbox One X with limited space available. I'm not interested in dedicating that much space to Destiny 2 (approx. 3-4 times most games), so I'll pass.

Well that's unfortunate - it's a fun game.

Still, I find it hard to believe you have two consoles chalked full of games you play everyday. Impressive...

Deleted member 46433

Aug 5, 2018
Thats huge. I have gigabit internet but the playstation network caps the speed at 300mbps. Might as well play on pc with a controller.

I can't imagine next gen game sizes.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
devs should use compression again. or maybe the plan is to make it such a hassle to re download a game you never uninstall it in the first place and keep it on your drive forever so its easier to return to

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
I have extremely fast internet but it still takes me half a day to download this shit from psn.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
Counterpoint: when Luke Smith and Mark Noseworthy need to make statements about how big the game is now and how it can't "grow forever" (talking specifically about file size, mind you) it makes me sad that the the evolution of the game as one giant thing with all of the environments and activities from Destiny 1 and 2 (and the inevitable follow ups) presented in one cohesive package is being stymied by everyone who complains about file sizes.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
devs should use compression again. or maybe the plan is to make it such a hassle to re download a game you never uninstall it in the first place and keep it on your drive forever so its easier to return to

Well, Bungie's intent is to make Destiny an MMO. Most people who play MMOs tend to focus on one - mine will be Destiny.

I don't see a reason to uninstall/reinstall Destiny as a big fan.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
jeez. how many DVD-9s is that?

JJd6n9e.gif

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
All those extra GBs...it's almost like they secretly packed all of Destiny 1 in there.

Imagine if you booted up Shadowkeep for the first time and you saw this:

YhYIlzy.jpg

(ignore the Almighty, it was just on the base image I used for the mockup and I couldn't be bothered to edit it out. Then again, it would be cool to have a strike, etc. set there...)

All the patrol locations, strikes, raids, etc. from D1 all there and playable in 4K for the first time, in addition to all the new content. It would be the craziest surprise. :D

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
They're using an SSD, I can't imagine it being too huge due to the costs of SSDs. 1-2 TB at most is my guess.
I could see them having an add on slot where you can add an additional SSD to the PS5.
I heard they're using a hybrid of some sort, an SSD coupled with a standard HDD. So it'll probably be an SSD that's large enough to load the entire current game into for streaming/ no load times (maybe 500GB), coupled with a 1-2TB regular HDD for storage. But if Destiny is 165 GB already, makes me wonder how large next gen games will be. It's gonna be insane.

even with prices coming down its still $100 for 1tb abouts. I'd have to think it comes with 512gb-1tb with the possibility to upgrade to 2-4tb.
500GB wasn't enough this gen and with next gen only that much is unthinkable. It has to be 1TB minimum and even that would run out fast if games are gonna be 100GB+ going forward (which as this thread shows, along with games like FFXV and Gears 5, they already are).

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to the future mother fuckers. Although to be honest I'm still rocking an OG ps4 with only 500 gb space so I'm constantly juggling space. 160 gb for one game is a big ask. Perhaps it's time to upgrade the drive?

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to the future mother fuckers. Although to be honest I'm still rocking an OG ps4 with only 500 gb space so I'm constantly juggling space. 160 gb for one game is a big ask. Perhaps it's time to upgrade the drive?

It's long since time to upgrade, my man haha. I have a buddy in my raid group who also has the same HDD you do and there are times where we all decide to play other games and he can't play them because he uninstalled it to make room for something else.

Get a 2 TB (1 TB honestly isn't even enough in this day and age unfortunately) hard drive when they're on sale and you'll be glad you did, it's so much better not having to worry about figuring out what games to keep installed.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
All those extra GBs...it's almost like they secretly packed all of Destiny 1 in there.

Imagine if you booted up Shadowkeep for the first time and you saw this:

YhYIlzy.jpg

(ignore the Almighty, it was just on the base image I used for the mockup and I couldn't be bothered to edit it out. Then again, it would be cool to have a strike, etc. set there...)

All the patrol locations, strikes, raids, etc. from D1 all there and playable in 4K for the first time, in addition to all the new content. It would be the craziest surprise. :D
dont.jpg

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
If, and that's a big if, all of Destiny is in this new release, I will definitely be back. That would be crazy shit...