• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rente

Oct 31, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Are the rewards impacted? My problem is that -every- difficulty should have matchmaking if the rewards are different. And just let players decide if they want to use it or not. (But they can also set certain thresholds that need to be met to use the matchmaking, such as specific Power Level or having it so that the game needs to detect a mic.)
The two highest levels of difficulty also drop materials for Armor 2.0, and the droprate should be higher overall.

I'm in. And the tower is not emtpy.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
This battle pass is weird... why did I get the full set of armour and the new exotic hand cannon just from starting the pass? The HC (Eriana's Vow) is also listed as a level 35 battle pass reward...

I don't get it.

It's 35 on the free track, and the armor is spaced out there as well. Initial reward for the paid track is the full set of armor + the hand cannon

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
If anyone hasn't yet bought Shadowkeep and wouldn't mind doing a swap to help me out, let me know. I have a bunch of GameStop credit as I wasn't planning on buying any other games this year, but they're not selling PC / Steam codes for this. So if anyone wants to do a code swap send me a PM.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What if they took down the servers because people were getting double Silver?!

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
This battle pass is weird... why did I get the full set of armour and the new exotic hand cannon just from starting the pass? The HC (Eriana's Vow) is also listed as a level 35 battle pass reward...

I don't get it.
They're two seperate tracks (free and paid). The HC at level 35 is the free track, paid track gets it at level 1. You should be getting the stuff on the free track too, but I haven't gotten that far to personally confirm it

Kadath

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting how the battle.net client was 87Gb, while the Steam client including Shadowkeep is down to 81Gb.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked it too, only complaint was I'd always run out of ammo as I was treating it as a primary, when it's kinda a weird inbettween of primary and special. But damn it's satisfying having a HC that just takes chunks out of majors and couldn't careless about a shield.
It is. Special seems to be dropping often enough in general play to keep it going, but not sure how it will hold up for more challenging activities.

It's 35 on the free track, and the armor is spaced out there as well. Initial reward for the paid track is the full set of armor + the hand cannon
Gotcha, thanks!

They're two seperate tracks (free and paid). The HC at level 35 is the free track, paid track gets it at level 1. You should be getting the stuff on the free track too, but I haven't gotten that far to personally confirm it
You get both, just hit level 2.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm back in. How's everyone else doing?

VainDirtyHusky-size_restricted.gif

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Anyone play the new intro mission? How long is it? Gonna be starting up two new characters in order get the Season Pass armor for all three classes, hopefully won't take too long.

Also, where's the place where you can get the most detailed look at your character? Gonna try to make all my characters look the same, hoping there's a closer view than the char select screen, maybe in the Tower or something

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I'm glad that they don't save the fact that you were literally just in the game so you just get kicked off the server to be put in another 10k queue.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
540's do feel good in crucible. Hard to say more just yet. Lotta potatos so it's hard to glean much.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
Nah, that's mostly incorrect. Most is done with scalable cloud solutions. Relying on barebone only servers is like 2012

My recollection from something they said between ROI and D2 was that they had shifted to a much more easily scalable server architecture from preventing this from happening again (as it did for ROI). I assume that today broke whatever limits that system had :P

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
So I'm just under 10k in queue. Is this like Path of Exile where that only means a few minutes, or more like WoW where that could be hours?

edit: already down to 6k, so that's going quite fast.
edit2: okay back up to 8k, looks like I spoke too soon. ah well.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
From someone who hasn't played in years, is the game "solo friendly"-er than when it came out?
It is, most of the activities have matchmaking and leveling is very relaxed up to the soft cap. Better with others though and the end-end game activities (Raids, Dungeons, highest difficulty Nightfall Ordeal) don't have matchmaking.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Servers are cheap now, that's not an issue. Most modern server services will scale with demand. Something else broke.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
My recollection from something they said between ROI and D2 was that they had shifted to a much more easily scalable server architecture from preventing this from happening again (as it did for ROI). I assume that today broke whatever limits that system had :P
A lot of the Destiny2 re-launch feels like a bottleneck situation (like main authentication / hub nodes are overloaded) while the overall capacity isn't really the main issue. Probably their loadbalancer wasn't working as intended.

Anyway, just wanted to note that Jasons take that companies have to buy and own dedicated servers - and pay for them even when they're not used anymore after launch - is absolutely outdated by some years.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Another issue is that a ton of players' initial impression will be "Oh, this game has server issues and queues. Pass." and those possible-paying customers will uninstall the game right then and there.
I would hope spending the amount of time downloading and allocating room for the game would at least get them to give it a few attempts instead of just writing it off immediately.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm just under 10k in queue. Is this like Path of Exile where that only means a few minutes, or more like WoW where that could be hours?

edit: already down to 6k, so that's going quite fast.
edit2: okay back up to 8k, looks like I spoke too soon. ah well.

I went up and down between 7k and 13k.

When queue finally went down I got server error and now back in queue fluctuating again.

Nothing like PoE.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I would hope spending the amount of time downloading and allocating room for the game would at least get them to give it a few attempts instead of just writing it off immediately.
That's a perfect-world scenario. I actually downloaded it in the background while I played Overwatch. Forgot about it until I got the "download complete" notification. Decided to give it a shot and hit the endless queue. ALMOST uninstalled it, until I saw there were server issues. Now, imagine how many people were in that exact scenario but didn't bother to look at Bungie Support?

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Man this is SUCH a complicated launch - I think it's a good idea to cut Bungie some slack here. Changing to Steam, cross saves, expansion, etc. This isn't just a PC update - it's a complete replatforming.

I'm not pissed because bad launches happen and it'll get ironed out, but in hindsight it probably wasn't a good idea to launch a F2P model AND a massive new expansion AND a complete re-platforming all on the same day.

That would be a monumental task for even the biggest publisher, and Bungie just went to a self-publishing model a relatively short time ago. This really needed to be a staggered release.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
LMAO

Implying that queues arent a thing anymore. Do you know how anything tech related works?
WoW hasnt had a bad expansion launch since 2016, FFXIV just launched its expansion with a near flawless launch. Queues are a thing sure, but "queues" that return you an error and server issues are very different. As soon as I finished my queue in shadowbringers, I had exact 0 server issues.
Another issue is that a ton of players' initial impression will be "Oh, this game has server issues and queues. Pass." and those possible-paying customers will uninstall the game right then and there.
Unfortunately you're right. I honestly don't mind cause i'm used to it since i've got a lot of old MMO experiences.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
That's a perfect-world scenario. I actually downloaded it in the background while I played Overwatch. Forgot about it until I got the "download complete" notification. Decided to give it a shot and hit the endless queue. ALMOST uninstalled it, until I saw there were server issues. Now, imagine how many people were in that exact scenario but didn't bother to look at Bungie Support?
True. I just hope ppl don't give up that fast, they'd be missing out on an amazing game and especially being free to at least give it a try. But yeah, I agree, I'm sure there's more than a few that might have already moved on, and that's too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.