• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People are reporting that buying silver gets you double the amount for some reason. Watch out people. (For account bans)

Byron Hinson

Nov 14, 2017
UK
Finally got back into the game and HDR is still borked. Shame. Wish the Xbox would allow the option to switch it off on a game by game basis.

SpaceKangaroo

Oct 28, 2017
HKdTU2q.png

Am I being really dumb? can't work out why I'm not 750 :p

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Still waiting on the unpacking but haven't bought Shadowkeep. If I do, is it going to download anything extra than the full game I just pre-downloaded over the last week?

Nimurai

Oct 28, 2017
So uhhh, anyone else that plays on another account on your ps4 than where you bought the game? I didn't get even the first season included with the game? I assume it's account bound?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Recluse still feels good to use in pve, but toned down enough to think about other weapons.

Deleted member 10549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is shooting aliens or other players not fun? How about blowing them up with fucking space magic? I don't think it's the game for you if the manner in which a number increases is more important than the gameplay.
Isn't it supposed to be a shooter with RPG elements? I thought that one of the core pillars of the RPG is progression. Yeah, shooting aliens is fun, but shooting them over and over in a game with RPG elements without much of a reward might not be enough. If I wanted a standard shooter I can always go back to Battlefield 4.

Because instead, you take small steps from 750. A number is a number, so they could've reset it to 10 or 0 and had it take the same amount of time, but that would have been weird for the existing players who were mostly already at 750.
And now it's weird to new players which Bungie tries to bring in with this release. Couldn't they overhaul it so it makes more sense to both new and old players? The answer to that type of questions is always yes.

Go to the tower, get some bounties/quests, do them until finished or until it isn't fun anymore. Repeat. Stop playing if it isn't fun.
That doesn't fix any of the issues.

Here is how I would explain my feelings after playing D2: New Light: I felt like I played beta of the game where the character I got access to was already nearly maxed out, both in terms of power and content. Yeah, I can go here and there, shoot some things, but overall I don't feel any attachment. Others might not share my concerns, these are just my personal feelings. I feel kinda sad that this somewhat insignificant change would completely destroy my joy of playing this game.

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I should just stop trying to complete the first mission as I've been booted to orbit 4 times now midway through...on to the 5th try.

Jan 10, 2018
Hmm... for those of us that jump on L1 and melee on R3 they really should've made the finishers a L3+R3 press. Feels a bit awkward the way it's placed now.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where did you hear this? Platform/method of buying?
I was looking at the eververse forums since my silver is gone from my PC transfer. Seems a lot of people are having this issue. "Issue" lol. Nobody responded to then as of yet, but I dunno exactly what platform it is.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Is any of that confirmed?
The European store page still says Plus is needed for multiplayer, and the US page says "Access may require Playstation Plus membership (sold separately)." What I said before is how the game's always been, since launch. It doesn't look like it's changed.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Is the prime engram you get from public activities (e.g. do stuff in the EDZ) not in anymore?

edit: meant powerful engram

May 25, 2019
London
Consider me impressed that they pulled off a transition to F2P and from Battle.net to Steam, launched on time, and are scaling up to accept more and more players as they log on. Great work Bungie Ops team

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Is the prime engram you get from public activities (e.g. do stuff in the EDZ) not in anymore?
Per Bungie:

We're doing some minor housekeeping on Prime Engrams. They'll begin dropping once you hit 900, and you'll accumulate charges for them as you make your way from 750 to 900. We've increased the number of Prime Engrams you can earn in a given week and rebalanced the value of each one to account for the increase in volume.
Source: https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48064

Oct 27, 2017
And another kick to orbit, I really don't want to play that tank section again Bungie, 5 times was enough...but you know, I kinda need to complete the first mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.