• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Me and a buddy fell back in, even bought the Annual Pass (last day on sale for EU PSN), game is in a fantastic spot right now.

Gatti-man

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
This game been offered free to claim on PC battlenet back in November, free as a PS+ offering and the game can be had for super cheap for a long time now on all 3 platforms

Still alright numbers for a big budget triple A game by Activision but can't leave out what helped them get there
You really think those 1 million daily users are all bc of free to play stuff? Come on now. And it's not like all other shooters don't get cheap two years later either.

Grimace McRib

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Count me in as one who's been sucked back in. The 3 month break was well worth it, and the grind to 738 so far has been pretty fun. I love the direction of the game, and this has always been my home so I'm happy things are thriving. I just wish more of my friends felt the same, that D2 vanilla burn really sucked and sent a bunch of my friends packing.

OP
OP
Mcfrank

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Count me in as one who's been sucked back in. The 3 month break was well worth it, and the grind to 738 so far has been pretty fun. I love the direction of the game, and this has always been my home so I'm happy things are thriving. I just wish more of my friends felt the same, that D2 vanilla burn really sucked and sent a bunch of my friends packing.

Yeah most of my D1 group has not come back since Leviathan. I have fallen into a good clan, but IRL people are better.

Oct 27, 2017
The Forsaken Collection is really great value, especially at current sale price. I've not played since base and I have an almost overwhelming amount of stuff to do. It feels no less active than when I last played either.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's because Destiny 2 is awesome. I wish I had the time to play it as much as I'd like to, but the game is terrific. The art, the story, the gameplay feel, the gunplay, the loot, the items, the pvp and pvpve modes like gambit -- it's just a terrific game. Well deserved success.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy that's dead as hell. I'll help out when it goes free to play. I'm here for you, Bungie.

pants

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I can't get over the fact that they sold us Destiny 2, essentially just a really awful DLC for Destiny 1 that cut out all the good features and content, as a $60 game. What consumers are looking at is throwing a decent chunk of change at the game, to return it to the way things used to be. It's unfortunate.

This is basically why Activision and Bungie split.

The model makes a TON of money for Activision, but is completely unsustainable for Bungie on multiple fronts; development, community, sustainability. It also leaves a gross taste in everyone's mouth as they have to periodically leave a great game behind for what is temporarily a work in progress.

Look at Fortnite. Look at Warframe. Look at WoW. All of these games cater to the history of what players have achieved while building on top of the past, not simply leaving it behind.

There are good reasons to start over, but when its done right you don't have to throw it all out.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Never played it but those numbers are superb. Destiny 3 will have no problem. I will become part of this number eventually. Got Destiny 2 free with ps plus so it's only a matter of time.

McArkus

Oct 25, 2017
MX
Me near the end of year one: I'm so sick of destiny, will take a break from it.

Me this morning: I have to finish my Hunter powerful engrams and do the flashpoint with my Titan and maybe finish the raid with my warlock...

Can't wait to see how shadowkeep goes and now with cross-save can jump to PC with all my previous PS4 characters!

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Gambit is great when there is a set loadout. Access to meta heavies really hurts the mode. An invader really doesn't have to do much to wipe your entire team's progress which can frustrate to the point of maddening and not in the fun competitive way.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The Gambit milestones are the ones that get left.
Snitch don't need it, snitch don't want it.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
i want to get back into it but for some reason it takes forever to download through Battle.net. I'm talking like maybe 100-200kb/s. it only seems to be destiny since other games through Battle.net download just fine.

guess i'll just wait for them to put it out on Steam. the game is gonna blow up when it goes F2P and hits steam. it's a fantastic game but the current model sucks. F2P is the best decision they could make.

Nov 14, 2017
If my guess is anywhere near correct, the stuff they were selling in a B2P looter has limited appeal since you typically want to wear cool shit because you did something to earn it to show off that you did it. Buying alot of that stuff in the market takes alot of meaning out of having it.
It's also a problem of how armour perks work. I'm actually more interested in buying Eververse armour in Shadowkeep because of the new system where you just slot perks as mods. I think they are changing it so you just buy the Eververse armour as a full set too. It'll makle it a lot easier to get a good cosmetic set with the perks you want.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
That number is going to jump when it goes free to play and you no longer have to spend $300 to catch up
Well at this point is more like $55 dollars.
20 for full game and all the content up to year 2, and then 35 bucks for Shadowkeep.
I'm saying cause i recently got into Destiny 2 by way of playing the base game for free ps plus, and did my research

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Gambit is great when there is a set loadout. Access to meta heavies really hurts the mode. An invader really doesn't have to do much to wipe your entire team's progress which can frustrate to the point of maddening and not in the fun competitive way.
They've had set load out modes in gambit? I'm usually in PvP but that sounds like it'd be fun.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Oh. I wonder why they don't do something like that. It'd make alot of sense. Even if it's just an event or something
I agree, so do prominent members of the community like ms5000 Watts.

Currently, an invader can strap on a truth rocket launcher with three in the mag and decimate your entire team without much effort because the rockets follow you to the afterlife.

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
After playing Destiny 2 for roughly 10 hours (compared to my 500 hours on Destiny 1), I am excited to be back. Just bought Forsaken expansion along with the previous expansions and the annual pass and looking forward to Shadowkeep.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
But, but, but.... I was told the game was dead...

Really amazing turnaround from Vanilla D2 launch. Splitting from Activision was the best thing that could ever happen to them. Cannot wait till Cross save is active so I can move all my stuff to PC. Shadowkeep is gonna be one hell of a ride!

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
After playing Destiny 2 for roughly 10 hours (compared to my 500 hours on Destiny 1), I am excited to be back. Just bought Forsaken expansion along with the previous expansions and the annual pass and looking forward to Shadowkeep.

giphy.gif