• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to be honest, I played Iron Banner primarily to get those Revoker sniper kills since you get double progress in there. That along with quest steps like farming grenade kills, I imagine a lot of people are doing things like that instead of actually trying to win.

You're more likely to actually land kills while playing objectives since, you know, people are attracted to objectives in objective-based play. These modes should encourage teamwork. Plus, in something like IB, you get early shutdown games if your team is dumb enough not to hold points, since even if you're ripping it up, a 2/1 deficit on control points can still give the enemy the lead if there's one or two idiots on your side getting killed constantly. Roaming solo is just asking to get ganked by groups. I hate it when some idiot is sprinting off on their own, only to get picked off.

Jun 4, 2019
You're more likely to actually land kills while playing objectives since, you know, people are attracted to objectives in objective-based play. These modes should encourage teamwork. Plus, in something like IB, you get early shutdown games if your team is dumb enough not to hold points, since even if you're ripping it up, a 2/1 deficit on control points can still give the enemy the lead if there's one or two idiots on your side getting killed constantly. Roaming solo is just asking to get ganked by groups. I hate it when some idiot is sprinting off on their own, only to get picked off.
Sure, but you can't expect somebody farming kills to sit patiently and help cap a zone. If they're popping off, that's still doing the team an overall service.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017

If you're playing against a team that's actually moving together to cap points sure but the majority of my games were people fighting over B.

Oct 28, 2017
Sure, but you can't expect somebody farming kills to sit patiently and help cap a zone. If they're popping off, that's still doing the team an overall service.

I've been on Iron Banner solidly since it opened and I've yet to experience a game where some soloing nutter is winning it for the team. Its a mode designed for point capturing. I just hate hotshot attitudes that think they can do best by going it alone. 99% of players are not CSGO trick-shotters, and Destiny isn't that type of game either. Due to abilities and other game-changing things, you can't just rely on aim skills to win.

Jun 4, 2019
I've been on Iron Banner solidly since it opened and I've yet to experience a game where some soloing nutter is winning it for the team. Its a mode designed for point capturing. I just hate hotshot attitudes that think they can do best by going it alone. 99% of players are not CSGO trick-shotters, and Destiny isn't that type of game either. Due to abilities and other game-changing things, you can't just rely on aim skills to win.
I mean, it's also designed for kills. It's not just Domination from CoD. That said, you seem to be having a different issue: shitters. I recommend just LFGing on the app for a full stack.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Nope. It's much better. Lord of wolves aside, I feel very confident in saying that I don't think Destiny PvP has ever been better than it is right now. D1 Y3 was dominated by shotguns & 2-3 other weapons. People can romanticize it all they want, if we had those damage values and that limited meta now the fanbase would be savaging it.

Roaming supers/super generation speed, and the amount of haphazard ohk's like jotunn or warlock grenade are pretty big problems currently imo

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, it's also designed for kills. It's not just Domination from CoD. That said, you seem to be having a different issue: shitters. I recommend just LFGing on the app for a full stack.

Yeah, I need to start using LFG to get people who will actually play the objective. Queueing up with random users is just leading to mostly misery. I do get enjoyment out of the actual fights I get into, but not when I'm constantly on losing streaks for the overall game.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I don't play much with a titan, but I see a lot of talk of how they don't have much important to do compared to hunters and warlocks in PVE. Expanding on what they've got going with that exotic would give them a cool role to fill that fits the titan 'persona'.

Just imagine it's a difficult thing to balance.

Giving Warlocks lunafaction boots was downright silly in hindsight from a balancing standpoint. Relying on Titan rally barriers and producing exotics that improved the quality of it would improve the situation a lot.

Probably the first thing I'd do for Shadowkeep is change the function of Lunafaction boots such that they automatically top off all ammo reserves when you first step foot in a well of radiance. For regular rifts, maybe they give back 25% of reserves on one touch during the rifts life. Heavy ammo reserves not given back for PVP for balance purposes.

Rely on titans for instant reloads for damage phases.

Nov 14, 2017
I mentioned this in discord, but I'm going to mention it here too:

Tarrabah is so poorly thought out. Your progress towards its dps mode goes away not only by stowing the weapon, but also by simply pulling up your ghost for any reason. Want to see if your PvP team still has a full 6 players? Want to check where the next public event is? Need to use your Ghost to check a mission marker (say, calling the ghost to open up the doors in the Arms Dealer strike or for the opening part of the Inverted Spire strike to spawn the bridge)? Kiss that progress goodbye. It takes quite a few kills in PvE to get to a point where you can activate the high DPS mode, so it's like you don't even want to do things you'd normally do in the game.

I just don't understand what they were thinking here.

rip the dream.
There are other shots of that helmet in the ViDoc where it has the Y3 mod sockets, so we can still hope that we can farm old sets and put the new perk mods on it.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
I notice sometimes I get blue and purple lost treasure.

Not sure how, or the mechanic. Probably missing something

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
The Epicurean fusion from Menagerie is legit. Got one with Tap the trigger and Swashbuckler and it goes off in pvp. Gonna grind for a better masterworks role though.

On another note, I've been trying to keep up with three characters and can't do it. Shot out to those who max out three toons, I can't keep up anymore. Warlock only it is I guess.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
The Epicurean fusion from Menagerie is legit. Got one with Tap the trigger and Swashbuckler and it goes off in pvp. Gonna grind for a better masterworks role though.

On another note, I've been trying to keep up with three characters and can't do it. Shot out to those who max out three toons, I can't keep up anymore. Warlock only it is I guess.

I have three characters leveled up but I only main my Warlock. I use the others for running raids and any misc. Triumphs.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What's a good masterwork for it? I was thinking maybe range.

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019
Are there any benefits to having multiple characters of the same class? I really hate Warlocks and I'm thinking about deleting mine and just having 2 Hunters and a Titan.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
What's a good masterwork for it? I was thinking maybe range.
Stability is Coolguy's recommendation. It's not an Erentil and playing the max range game with it is a mistake. At the ranges you'll be effective in using it at, getting those bold groupings tight is more important for 1-burst killing.

I agree. Go for Erentil/Rebuke for your max range fusion needs. Stability/consistency for everything else.

Backup Plan + Tap is probably the god roll for this fusion for PvP. Kill Clip/Swash + Frenzy for PvE (leaning Kill Clip when I think about it)

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017

My approach:

- Choose a character and play exclusively until max out power
- After max power Play whichever the hell you feel like on a given day

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I might go for some nutty Fusions. Feeding Frenzy would be good after dealing with Loaded Question's terrible reload

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I actually have one when I made all the guns:

- Corkscrew (+stab +hand) / Full Bore (+range)
- Liquid Coils (more impact)
- Feeding Frenzy
- Demolitionist
- Charge MW (bad, lowers impact if above 3)

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I actually started loving this game until I played Iron Banner this week.

I think it may be the only PvP game mode I actually like.

Which is a damn shame because I REALLY want mountaintop and recluse.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Blast Furnace
Bygones
Inaugural Address
Last perdition
Chattering bone

Pulses are actually good now. They are in a decent spot right now
I like all of the above + Outlast from Gambit, Horror's Least from the Corrupted Strike and even the Vanguard Nightshade. Rolls will make or break all of these guns but with the right rolls they can be godly PVE, PVP or even general purpose weapons. I pull out my Outlast with Outlaw / Demolitionist for certain Nightfalls just because it's solar and gives back a full grenade charge in about 6 kills.

Ehhhh depends on the situation.
Right. Most Hammerhead's have better range which can be important on some maps. It's the better general purpose PVP weapon with 21% really only pulling ahead when their some adds to kill to get that Killing Tally buff going.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
omg, spoils of war done on second character

awful, just awful.

It appears a weapon slot will have a cooldown, so switching weapons helps. Then a destination you are at will have a cooldown.

Appears when it's on cooldown the amount you receive drops significantly.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Spoils of War gave me a reason to do reckoning. Wasnt too bad. No point doing it on more than one character unless you are that horny for imperials

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Before this weekend, hadn't really played since before Forsaken.....damn I forgot how addicting this game is.

Now that I'm in the Forsaken stuff and been playing a lot of Gambit and found a good cadence of leveling/grinding, it's so much damn fun.

Always feels like I have something to do too...never get bored.

Can't wait for Shadowkeep!

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
omg, spoils of war done on second character

awful, just awful.

It appears a weapon slot will have a cooldown, so switching weapons helps. Then a destination you are at will have a cooldown.

Appears when it's on cooldown the amount you receive drops significantly.

Doing a few rounds of Blind Well for the weekly got this for me real quick. It appears the randos in the event help contribute. I had a notification for the drop in the top right of my screen almost constantly.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished my sniper kills for revoker. Now working on IB quest. Jotuun makes the fusion rifle part easy.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Just need a helmet for my 2nd char 750.

Do reckoning powerful helm drop

or wait till Tuesday for menagerie reset.

Definitely wait till Tuesday.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Doing a few rounds of Blind Well for the weekly got this for me real quick. It appears the randos in the event help contribute. I had a notification for the drop in the top right of my screen almost constantly.
Yep, me too. Escalation Protocol also works or anything else with a group and a large number of enemies. I finished it by Thursday just doing normal weekly milestones + some Escalation Protocol so I didn't find it all that bad.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, just make sure you have a 2 streak on your card, then you can load into a place, load another etc

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So at the risk of asking stupid questions, my friend and I just both picked up Foresaken + annual pass and don't really know what to dive in to. What's the initial path look like if you're completely new now?

Status
Not open for further replies.