Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have so many of these on my PS4 account, ha. The main one being the IKELOS (that was so dull to grind for). I wish cross save was now.

And thank you, I'm definitely up for raids I'm relevant for.

It's relatively painless to grind out these days with the changes but yeah just wait for Cross save for the things you already have

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
All buffed up and ready to start second character.
I am loving this season so far.

d9c66d88-72b2-4c59-adlkj7.jpeg

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super amateur question, but what's the fastest way to make money? I'm broke.

Ronin0510

Oct 27, 2017
So, should I buy the newly discounted annual pass? Would it be worth it to get? It was the first destiny dlc I didnt buy. But I think I'm back in for shadowkeep lol.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Weird. Just went to log in to Battle.net right now and there's a 400 minute que. Is there really a que or is something going on with the login server?

BobbyRawlins

Oct 25, 2017
trying again, i just came back to the game. any reason i should go through the allegiance quest? i think i read the weekly bonus rewards were retired.

Oct 31, 2017
La La Land
I'll try asking again:

1. If I want all the future content & season passes, I would just need the digital deluxe version, correct?
  2. Does cross-save allow you to switch seamlessly between Xbox and PC or can you only migrate to one-another and play on that platform alone? (I'm on Xbox at the moment, but would like to play on PC)
  3. It says Destiny 1 content is coming back? Is that included in the deluxe digital or is that something else?

Nov 14, 2017
Okay, so I wonder if I could get little help with focus here...

I'm at 690 after doing the quests for the level boost.
I started over on PC a little while ago, and I've only done a few things:
Finished all campaigns.
Finished the first steps for Sleeper Stimulant (just have to farm the nodes now I believe).
Obtained The Last Word.

I have a whole heap of stuff to do. Exotic quests from past content, All of the black armoury, etc...

Aside from picking out specific items I want to go for and just focusing on those, would you advise any particular path?

I've yet to do any raids or any real end game on PC, I'd like to get into it all asap. I'm curious if there's a good way to overlap things or efficient paths through it all as I will eventually want all the good/meta items.
So, in terms of things you can directly go for an aren't just random drops, I'd say you need to get Whisper, Outbreak, the IKELOS Shotgun, a Blast Furnace, and a Hammerhead. The first two are missions you can go into pretty much whenever, although the initial Whisper portal is tied to public events on Io. IKELOS is tied to Escalation Protocol, and to get it you have to farm wave 7 on a week where the shotgun is available.

Other things to look out for are a cluster bomb rocket launcher, as that would be useful if you ever do Riven. Most groups will just want to do the cluster strat, though tbh any void rocket launcher would be fine. The reason void is preferred is because in that strat someone will use tractor cannon on Riven, which gives a 50% damage boost to void attacks. If you are lucky enough to get a group to show you Riven legit (best raid encounter in all of Destiny IMO) then you have a lot more flexibility. In that case you'd probably just use Hammerhead to have good add clear.

In terms of Blast Furnace rolls, you want a reload speed perk (outlaw / feeding frenzy) with either rampage or kill clip. It's the same for Hammerhead, but that doesn't have outlaw so anything with good reload speed and rampage is good. Both those guns are from Black Armoury, so you can farm those as much as you want.

A good shotgun to get until you get IKELOS is Hawthorne's. It's in the EDZ loot table, so hopefully it'll drop for you there or from Devrim. It's the same archetype as IKELOS but lacks the trench barrel perk, so it does less damage. It's not a huge difference since the shotgun rebalance though, and is actually fine for getting you through raids.

Sleeper is worth it too, so get that done. It's used less these days, but it's still viable in certain encounters. I know some people who still use it in Kali. I'd also recommend getting Loaded Question and 21% Delerium. Delerium is amazing, because you get a 33% damage boost for each kill stacking up to x3 and it lasts until you reload or switch weapons. It's very easy to get those stacks by tapping red bars, and when you have them it's a DPS monster.

So, that's some stuff to start on. Hopefully you'll get some good exotics while chasing that stuff. Basically though, with Whisper, Sleeper, Outbreak, and a good shotgun you can get through most of the raid content just fine.
I'll try asking again:

1. If I want all the future content & season passes, I would just need the digital deluxe version, correct?
  2. Does cross-save allow you to switch seamlessly between Xbox and PC or can you only migrate to one-another and play on that platform alone? (I'm on Xbox at the moment, but would like to play on PC)
  3. It says Destiny 1 content is coming back? Is that included in the deluxe digital or is that something else?
  1. The deluxe pack includes four season passes, so that looks like it should cover the whole of next year.
  2. You can move back and forth. So, you finish a raid on PC and then log into Xbox and use your new loot in a strike, or vice versa. Same characters. If you already have characters on PC though, you have to choose which characters you want to be your cross save characters. There's no account merge (yet). ALSO: If you want to play Shadowkeep on XBox and PC, you need to buy it on Xbox and PC. Interestingly it doesn't look like you need to buy season passes again, so you can buy the digital deluxe version once and just the basic version on another platform.
  3. Only the intro mission from D1 is coming back. That's what new players will see when they start up D2 from Sept. Also, Shadowkeep looks like it has remastered parts of the moon from D1, much to the annoyance of gaming side posters.

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
So, in terms of things you can directly go for an aren't just random drops, I'd say you need to get Whisper, Outbreak, the IKELOS Shotgun, a Blast Furnace, and a Hammerhead. The first two are missions you can go into pretty much whenever, although the initial Whisper portal is tied to public events on Io. IKELOS is tied to Escalation Protocol, and to get it you have to farm wave 7 on a week where the shotgun is available.

Other things to look out for are a cluster bomb rocket launcher, as that would be useful if you ever do Riven. Most groups will just want to do the cluster strat, though tbh any void rocket launcher would be fine. The reason void is preferred is because in that strat someone will use tractor cannon on Riven, which gives a 50% damage boost to void attacks. If you are lucky enough to get a group to show you Riven legit (best raid encounter in all of Destiny IMO) then you have a lot more flexibility. In that case you'd probably just use Hammerhead to have good add clear.

In terms of Blast Furnace rolls, you want a reload speed perk (outlaw / feeding frenzy) with either rampage or kill clip. It's the same for Hammerhead, but that doesn't have outlaw so anything with good reload speed and rampage is good. Both those guns are from Black Armoury, so you can farm those as much as you want.

A good shotgun to get until you get IKELOS is Hawthorne's. It's in the EDZ loot table, so hopefully it'll drop for you there or from Devrim. It's the same archetype as IKELOS but lacks the trench barrel perk, so it does less damage. It's not a huge difference since the shotgun rebalance though, and is actually fine for getting you through raids.

Sleeper is worth it too, so get that done. It's used less these days, but it's still viable in certain encounters. I know some people who still use it in Kali. I'd also recommend getting Loaded Question and 21% Delerium. Delerium is amazing, because you get a 33% damage boost for each kill stacking up to x3 and it lasts until you reload or switch weapons. It's very easy to get those stacks by tapping red bars, and when you have them it's a DPS monster.

So, that's some stuff to start on. Hopefully you'll get some good exotics while chasing that stuff. Basically though, with Whisper, Sleeper, Outbreak, and a good shotgun you can get through most of the raid content just fine.
I've done a lot of this on ps4 already, but it's been a while so I really appreciate the write up.

I have a Hammerhead from my first Titan with Ex Barrel/Full bore - Append Mag - F.Frenzy - High impact reserves and the stability MW. About to roll on my second. I'm happy with that one for now though.

I really miss my IKELOS, I'm hoping the grind for it won't be too much.

Thanks for all the tips for alt weapons to plug gaps, too. Really valuable!

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Other things to look out for are a cluster bomb rocket launcher, as that would be useful if you ever do Riven. Most groups will just want to do the cluster strat, though tbh any void rocket launcher would be fine.
Weren't cluster bombs fixed on Riven? I think most people are using Prospector now for cheesing Riven.

Side note: I think it's hilarious that Bungie never figured out how to keep people from cheesing her, I can't remember the last time I did that fight legitimately.

Dec 6, 2017
Weren't cluster bombs fixed on Riven? I think most people are using Prospector now for cheesing Riven.

Side note: I think it's hilarious that Bungie never figured out how to keep people from cheesing her, I can't remember the last time I did that fight legitimately.
It's not that they never figured out, it's that they didn't bother to. Shame too, beating that raid legit is super satisfying.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
One thing that will be interesting in September is PC will now show how many concurrent players there are since its steam.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
This spreadsheet is wrong (which weapon for which RPM tier) and overly busy for the information it provides. See the one I linked below for the best one I've seen.

Yes, see this sheet.

Yes. The Discord is where the LFG happens (vs this thread), there should be instructions on the first page of the thread for joining (DM a channel mod here on the forum).
Interesting, thanks for the info. That's the only spreadsheet I saw, I assumed things were still being figured out.

Nov 14, 2017

No. What they actually did was move the damage from the clusters to the main rockets, meaning you didn't have to use CB - any void rocket is now good. They actually made rocket strat more accessible, not less. You can of course use Prospector, as I think it continues to be the highest DPS weapon in the game. RL is still fine tho.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
So I've played all original Destiny + all the DLC as well as Destiny 2 and the two expansions. I'm honestly lost on the story and the characters. Are there any good videos that sum up the story+lore? Like I still barely know the difference between The Forsaken and The Taken. Oryx? No idea who that is.

Jun 4, 2019
So I've played all original Destiny + all the DLC as well as Destiny 2 and the two expansions. I'm honestly lost on the story and the characters. Are there any good videos that sum up the story+lore? Like I still barely know the difference between The Forsaken and The Taken. Oryx? No idea who that is.
Wait, you played The Taken King and don't know who Oryx is?

Scary_Larry

Banned
Jan 3, 2019
I'm assuming there is an active clan for this game still going strong? I've covered a lot of ground the past week or so, but my old team bolted to Div2.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Anyone have layout graphics of the the new raid encounters? I figure I'll need to explain to my group later and visuals help.

Butane

Nov 2, 2017
They're long, but Byf has really comprehensive videos on the timeline of Destiny.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
There's not any kind of app or online resource for better tracking of pursuits and missions and things, is there?

That menu is such a humble in game.

Nov 14, 2017
There's not any kind of app or online resource for better tracking of pursuits and missions and things, is there?

That menu is such a humble in game.
Destiny Item Manager.

The progress tab has actual numbers even for quests / bounties that just have percentage, and it's easy enough to have open on a laptop while you play. Remember you can also track 3 pursuits in game so they appear when you bring out your ghost.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny Item Manager.

The progress tab has actual numbers even for quests / bounties that just have percentage, and it's easy enough to have open on a laptop while you play. Remember you can also track 3 pursuits in game so they appear when you bring out your ghost.
Heh, I literally just logged in! I forgot it had that aspect to it.

I just set my laptop up next to me and opened this message! :p

Oct 27, 2017
Great timing on Blizzard's part to have a massive outage the day after the Shadowkeep reveal.
These things happen but, yep, certainly disappointing given that I have two free days a week (today is one of them) and limited time after work-days to play. Wish Bungie would move to Steam or something...

This is also the perfect example of how beneficial cross-save can and will be as I could just play on Xbox and progress accordingly with my PC characters.

Last edited:

someday

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to start organizing some legacy raids on a weekly basis for PC players. Hit up Ruthless for the Discord invite and I'll start putting together some raids soon. This goes for everyone else too who wants to raid.

Aside from that I'd say play what you want to play.

A list of good/meta items

Recluse
Hammerhead
Jotuun
Wendigo GL3
The Prospector
Thorn
Whisper of the Worm
D.A.R.C.I
One Thousand Voices
Midnight Coup
IKELOS SG V1.0.1
Threat Level
Nation of Beasts (Curated Roll)
Ace of Spades
Outbreak Prime
Blast Furnace
Luna's Howl
Tractor Cannon
Wardcliff Coil
Mindbenders Ambition

I'm probably forgetting some tbh but if you start targeting these weapons you should be smashing out a good deal of content.
Hi, I'd be really interested in doing legacy raids when you start this. I switched from PS4 to PC last December and haven't done a single raid yet (I am in the discord though). Will you be posting here or only on discord? Thanks!

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Bought Destiny 2 at release but never really played it. Re-downloading now to PS4. I see that the secondary download is actually mandatory as when you start the game it just awaits for that to finish (76GB or so) before you can proceed.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
So apparently cross-save won't entirely delete your old characters

I'd still prefer to keep my old characters and their gear though

Oct 27, 2017
So apparently cross-save won't entirely delete your old characters

I'd still prefer to keep my old characters and their gear though

I was expecting this as they kind of tip-toed around the discussion a bit. I'm also glad given that it feels a bit weird to delete my Xbox characters from D1/2 even though I've been playing on PC now mainly since D2 released there back in Oct '17. Still won't play much (if at all) on Xbox but having the option to is nice (as well as the option to revert back to my old characters on that platform).

I guess you'll have like a master account that includes cross-save and kind of sub-accounts that includes your original characters on each platform if you played on multiple platforms previously.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Nifty (and fairly short) Chalice upgrade guide video. I found it to be helpful and concise. Also Izanagi's Burden Catalyst is tied to a fully updated Chalice + Heroic Menagerie.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So jumping over to the season pass from foresaken. Heard leveling is pretty easy. What should i be doing to level up quickly?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Is the PC version down? Had to wait in a queue to log into Battle.net, but when I start the game, it just tells me to restart it through Battle.net. :|

EDIT: nvm, saw the bulletin on the game's page

someday

Oct 25, 2017
So with cross-save, if I play my PC character on PS4, will that carry over all her gear as well during that time or just the character itself?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
You're a beast.

Quick Question: did Bungie clarified Cross Save? So do you still need to purchase the game on other platforms, to play on it or switch platforms?
Because Cross Save and Cross Buy isn't the same
You'll have to purchase expansions (Forsaken and Shadowkeep) again, but your season purchases carry over between platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.