• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
These jackasses still only have enhanced hand cannon loader and targeting, nothing enhanced for other primaries. Insane.

Different armour elements appear to have affinities for different weapon types. I noticed that void appears to be snipers, hand cannons and snipers, solar had fusion rifles and auto rifles, and arc for shotguns, bows.

Also notice no one at bungie plays a hunter

Lots of them play hunter, have you never watched a stream before?

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to watch a recording of this. I'm already loving the Glimmer increase and all re-found legendar armor is going to be 2.0

Dec 2, 2017
So do you need Shadowkeep for armour 2.0 if you got the Solstice stuff, or will it be available?

" support build"

Lol lumina is poop

Sad but true. It's basically bad Thorn. It would be a lot more useful if it let you see your teammates' life bars so you had any idea when to use it.

It's not about skill difference, at all. I think the majority of players here could hit Fabled if they focused on shifting their mindset, relearing their bad habits, grabbing a meta loadout they're happy with, and teaming up with other focused players.... but that does take extra effort and foucs and time.

And that is the part that's beyond a lot of people, it's not a skill issue. Plenty of sub 1.0 players have legit hit Fabled, it isn't particularly difficult in terms of required pvp raw talent.

Well yeah, that's why I made at least three different references to time in the initial post. I know how long it took me just to not be a piñata. But it was worth it because now I don't have to be the guy embarrassing myself in public pretending it's Bungie's fault I can't get Last Word. I get to stick to my usual lanes for that.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like cool stuff. Been trying to get back into the game recently but for a variety of reasons haven't been having much luck. Still, looking forward to seeing how Shadowkeep turns out.

edit: woops? thought this was the stream thread

astro

Oct 25, 2017
These jackasses still only have enhanced hand cannon loader and targeting, nothing enhanced for other primaries. Insane.

I mean, obviously hand cannons need the help. Just being four times as strong as everything else wasnt enough.

Also notice no one at bungie plays a hunter
You can beat HC users if you play well. You really do need to stop whining about them and learn to effectively counter. They are nowhere near as opressive as you like to make them out to be.

I'm definitely going for one. Got any recommendations for pvp rolls? I just got my first Service Revolver from a Strike, but that handcannon doesn't really pack a punch. I do love using the Austringer tho, but 150 RPM HCs are a better archetype and I want to try one out.
Opening shot, range finder... outflaw/rapid hit, kill clip... moving target... it really depends on your playstyle. If you're sitting back taking shots at range, then perks that increase range... if you're diving into the fray more often, then something like outlaw / kill-clip is going to be huge.

You can't go wrong with any of the HCs you mentioned, but I also think 150s are where it's at.

This is literally me except I'm only 1808 and not Fabled yet. But even getting to this level was something I never would have thought possible back in the day. And most of my improvement is just from watching people who are better than I am and copying what they are doing and practicing that as often as I can. Practice, practice, practice if you want to be better. If it worked for me it can work for anyone.

The issue is, imo, that most will go in with bad habits and not look at what they're doing wrong and just blame the game... the meta... basically, what Shark does about HCs. It's always something else that is stopping them from progress, not their own methods.

Now, of course there is some RNG involved in terms of team mates, etc... and there's not much you can do if you have a brain dead team and you're Vs a focused group, but you don't need to win EVERY game to make progress. It might be slow, but you only need to be positive. And hitting Fabled... there are enough players out there making the climb that do not try to fix their own playstyle that you will be able to make if if you do, that advantage alone is going to carry you over the line.

And as you say, if I can do it with my ageing pvp skills (I also have other elements of disability that make pvp awkward at times) then most people here can too.

Oh yeh, ping me if you need help now mate. I'm down for lands of comp as I'm grinding out Recluse and Luna!
Well yeah, that's why I made at least three different references to time in the initial post. I know how long it took me just to not be a piñata. But it was worth it because now I don't have to be the guy embarrassing myself in public pretending it's Bungie's fault I can't get Last Word. I get to stick to my usual lanes for that.
It's frustrating to see people literally hunt out as many things to blame for their lack of progress when a shift in mindset is all it would take to nudge them over the line... in time.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
They got me fucked up if they think I'm going to grind old armor again. We shouldn't have to pay for things that are difficult for them to achieve in code, assuming that's the reason why all gear isn't seeing a universal upgrade to 2.0.

panama chief

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Those are the 1% gamers. Most try to act like they're on the same level, but they're not. Scourge with a solid team is still at most a 30 minute run.

Oh I know. These guys are leagues above me. They're doing jumps and clothes changes I'll never be able to do on console. Sigh. Do something about our menus bungie...

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
User Warned: Inflammatory Commentary
Lots of them play hunter, have you never watched a stream before?

yeah, looks like they dug out the Bungie janitor who plays hunter for the end of the stream. I have never heard of that staffer before unlike Deej.

Different armour elements appear to have affinities for different weapon types. I noticed that void appears to be snipers, hand cannons and snipers, solar had fusion rifles and auto rifles, and arc for shotguns, bows.

Currently there are only enhanced loader and targeting for hand cannons (besides certain specials/heavy). Not AR's, Scout, or Pulses. Because why?

I had ASSSUMMMED this would be fixed in 2.0. But conspicuously on the stream it appears to be the same. No enhanced pulse loader or anything was spotted or likely exists.

I just dont get it. Again, basically all that exists in the sandbox currently is hand cannons, did they really need the exclusive extra boost? Who at Bungie made that decision?

Last edited:

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy all of the legendary gear in the game is getting Armor 2.0 variants. It's going to help populate older activities for new players, which is great. Also, it means that I can continue wearing the same armor that I'm wearing now - which is the armor I wore in D1.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i wasn't able to watch the stream. with armor 2.0 are they finally allowing us to store exact rolls in the collections?

TWAB 6/28/18:
We don't like keeping some items from experiencing the full Collections treatment, so we're looking at a long-term solve for storing your exact perk rolls in Collections.

panama chief

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Ready to jump back on Titan to get that Lost Pacific set for my Warlock. Can we just buy armor 2.0? I still have a few arcology tokens laying around.

TyCg18U.jpg

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Starting to understand why I've been seeing Shark's name repeated in his thread lol.

So they performed an execution on the stream? shit I must've missed it.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
yeah, looks like they dug out the Bungie janitor who plays hunter for the end of the stream. I have never heard of that staffer before unlike Deej.

That's not really my problem, the stream listed his job title (which was something like 'combat area designer' and not 'janitor'; the two are similar, I know). Luke Smith played a lot of hunter; perhaps you've heard that name? Cozmo?

Currently there are only enhanced loader and targeting for hand cannons (besides certain specials/heavy). Not AR's, Scout, or Pulses. Because why? [...]Who at Bungie made that decision?

Ah, the rhetorical 'who' implying that someone needs to be called onto the carpet. A more honest question might be 'Why?'; I can think that for reloading, perhaps it has to do with expected engagement ranges and the wielder's expected distance from the engaged enemy and proximity to cover, not to mention the relative base reloading speeds of the weapon types. If I run a scout rifle I don't often need a reloading perk and can choose something from that column for my special, heavy, or an ability buff.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I like these changes that are coming with Armor 2.0, at least the stuff I saw. But man does it look like its about to get real confusing for the average player imo lol. Really curious if they keep this armor system for Destiny 3 whenever it launches.

BTW, did they say what that thing was that was below your Ghost slot on the armor screen?

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Ready to jump back on Titan to get that Lost Pacific set for my Warlock. Can we just buy armor 2.0? I still have a few arcology tokens laying around.

TyCg18U.jpg

Presumably yes, so save up your planetary tokens if you want a 2.0 set from that planet. Same thing if you want some of the new mods right away. They can drop from gunsmith packages so save up your gunsmith materials.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
That's not really my problem, the stream listed his job title (which was something like 'combat area designer' and not 'janitor'; the two are similar, I know). Luke Smith played a lot of hunter; perhaps you've heard that name? Cozmo?

Ah, the rhetorical 'who' implying that someone needs to be called onto the carpet. A more honest question might be 'Why?'; I can think that for reloading, perhaps it has to do with expected engagement ranges and the wielder's expected distance from the engaged enemy and proximity to cover, not to mention the relative base reloading speeds of the weapon types. If I run a scout rifle I don't often need a reloading perk and can choose something from that column for my special, heavy, or an ability buff.

Seriously? Seriously this is your argument? My hand cannon reloads slower (not proved) and is still more powerful than all other primaries, therefore I need it to load faster while the other less powerful weapons still must reload slower. Although (extremely weak) scout rifles deserve "reload", they must not be allowed to have "enhanced reload", because reasons and symmetry.

At least you backpedaled from that weird elemental thing.

Perks in the game are supposed to be equal across weapons. Imagine the outcry if hand cannons didn't get any targeting or reloader perks the same as the other weapons.

There's no excuse.

I'd like a enhanced pulse rifle reloader. I like pulse rifles. They are weaker than hand cannons but I like them. Bungie: No.

Enhanced HC targeting is also kind of egregious given the absurd range, massive flinch, and huge hitboxes hand cannons have.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
You can beat HC users if you play well. You really do need to stop whining about them and learn to effectively counter. They are nowhere near as opressive as you like to make them out to be.

Oh here comes the "git gud" card. Come on man. So much hypocrisy with this. This wasn't anywhere when all the HC users wanted Mida nerfed in Vanilla.

When you watch very good PVP players, in the current sandbox LITERALLY not a single one runs anything but hand cannon in anything remotely competitive. That's kinda messed up IMO (though the longtime norm for Destiny, I know).

You can do well with a pulse in quickplay, they are very easy to use and deadly. I just would like a LITTLE variety at the high end. Hopefully Bungie may actually buff the other primary classes in Shadowkeep. I'm not asking for miracles.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Oh here comes the "git gud" card. Come on man. So much hypocrisy with this. This wasn't anywhere when all the HC users wanted Mida nerfed in Vanilla.

When you watch very good PVP players, in the current sandbox LITERALLY not a single one runs anything but hand cannon in anything remotely competitive. That's kinda messed up IMO (though the longtime norm for Destiny, I know)
Sorry shark, but you whine about HCs more than you seem to put effort into countering them. That's pretty much proven at this point.

Adjust your mindset, you WILL do better.

buenowonder

Jun 11, 2019
Hey guys always lurked here. Just wanted to know if anyone wanted to play some destiny with me. I have no one to play with but would love to raid and do all of that especially with shadowkeep coming in about 2 months. I play on PS4 my tag is MFPharoah

panama chief

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Presumably yes, so save up your planetary tokens if you want a 2.0 set from that planet. Same thing if you want some of the new mods right away. They can drop from gunsmith packages so save up your gunsmith materials.

I'm at a good point in my resources but seeing how much you have to invest in masterworking and such....I think I'll just keep at the forge. Just realized year one Vanguard is coming. Hopefully with all it's ornaments. I loved that set!

esmcB9e.jpg

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I unlocked Menagerie the other day and tried it for the first time, and boy did I have a bad time. Since the quests leading to it give you a set of 690 gear, I assumed being 690 would be good enough but that did not seem to the be the case. By the time we finally made it to the end boss, enough people had left that it was basically impossible and I ended up having to quit, making the entire exercise a waste of time.

I know I need drops from here (or the raid, but I am not likely to do that) to work on triumphs needed for Bad Juju, so I'm hoping that isn't the type of experience I can generally expect.

Hawkeye 131

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Seriously? Seriously this is your argument? My hand cannon reloads slower (not proved) and is still more powerful than all other primaries, therefore I need it to load faster while the other less powerful weapons still must reload slower. Although (extremely weak) scout rifles deserve "reload", they must not be allowed to have "enhanced reload", because reasons and symmetry.

Perks in the game are supposed to be equal across weapons. Imagine the outcry if hand cannons didn't get any targeting or reloader perks the same as the other weapons.

There's no excuse.

I'd like a enhanced pulse rifle reloader. I like pulse rifles. They are weaker than hand cannons but I like them. Bungie: No.

Enhanced HC targeting is also kind of egregious given the absurd range, massive flinch, and huge hitboxes hand cannons have.

Shark has a perfectly legitimate point.

If every other primary weapon had enhanced reload and targeting except HC's there'd be blood in the streets.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I unlocked Menagerie the other day and tried it for the first time, and boy did I have a bad time. Since the quests leading to it give you a set of 690 gear, I assumed being 690 would be good enough but that did not seem to the be the case. By the time we finally made it to the end boss, enough people had left that it was basically impossible and I ended up having to quit, making the entire exercise a waste of time.

I know I need drops from here (or the raid, but I am not likely to do that) to work on triumphs needed for Bad Juju, so I'm hoping that isn't the type of experience I can generally expect.
90% of my menagerie games are completed by the full team because most people still need drops from there. I wouldn't worry.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My only complain with armor 2.0 is they really could have added a system to save loadouts. Now, unless I memorized certain sets in my vault, I will have to go in and fine tune shit every time I switch an exotic or subclass.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Shark has a perfectly legitimate point.

If every other primary weapon had enhanced reload and targeting except HC's there'd be blood in the streets.
That may be true, but they still complain about HC far more than pretty much every other user combined.

The reload benefit from enhanced is not a game breaker anyway, so while I do agree it seems imba and I would like to hear Bungie's reasoning, it's nowhere near as oppressive as shark's constant moaning makes it seem.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
I like these changes that are coming with Armor 2.0, at least the stuff I saw. But man does it look like its about to get real confusing for the average player imo lol. Really curious if they keep this armor system for Destiny 3 whenever it launches.

BTW, did they say what that thing was that was below your Ghost slot on the armor screen?

They've said straight up that they're ready to fully embrace the RPG aspects of the game.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada

I didn't backpedal. What I stated was true— certain mods are only available for certain elements. That we only saw enhanced HC and sniper targeting on the void head piece doesn't preclude some other enhanced perk available for other elements even if they weren't shown. I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

Perks in the game are supposed to be equal across weapons.

They are? Not sure where it says that.

They are weaker than hand cannons but I like them.

Not at 40+ metres they aren't.

Yeah, except very few weapons have enhanced perks available— and the weapons that get them vary between targeting, reloading, and unflinching. What weapons get them and for what is obviously a deliberate choice, and we can only guess at the reasoning— which is unlikely to be a glib "Bungie loves HCs".

Altair

Jan 11, 2018

They're fully embracing the RPG side of the game. Hell, they even called Destiny an action MMO a while back. Just take your time and you'll get the hang of it easily.

That's an artifact. It's a returning item from D1, but it's going to work differently than it did in D1.

Oct 25, 2017
All, if possible, I need a little help, please.
Hope you don't mind the stupid question, but I'm having a tough time finding the answer online.
I purchased both Destiny 2 and the Destiny 2 Forsaken Legendary Collection at their respective launches.
I believe the only content I haven't purchased is the Annual Pass for content released between Forsaken and Shadowkeep.
I intend to purchase Shadowkeep at launch, but does anyone know if it will include the Annual Pass content, or will I still need to purchase that separately?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting the sense that we're going to see our guardians neutral games greatly improved while significantly toning down supers. Or at least forcing players to have a weak neutral game if they want to stick with the current level that supers are at.

The question though is just what kind of gradient we could expect with supers. Or maybe we have no choice in that at all and supers are just going to generally be nerfed to balance with the superior neutral game.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
The artifact is going to work similar to the Chalice this season. So every season there will be a new "artifact" and you can level it up and get more personal perks. (Probably a quest involved to unlock it)

For example like right now where you level up your Chalice, you get mods after a Menagerie run, you get imperial drops, you get bonus rune drops, etc.

The next season we will be getting a new artifact that will be centered around Shadowkeep - I believe it's an Eye of a Gate Lord.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
All, if possible, I need a little help, please.
Hope you don't mind the stupid question, but I'm having a tough time finding the answer online.
I purchased both Destiny 2 and the Destiny 2 Forsaken Legendary Collection at their respective launches.
I believe the only content I haven't purchased is the Annual Pass for content released between Forsaken and Shadowkeep.
I intend to purchase Shadowkeep at launch, but does anyone know if it will include the Annual Pass content, or will I still need to purchase that separately?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.

Shadowkeep will not contain Annual Pass content of Forsaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.