Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Man wtf happened to Menagerie? I'm either joining games already in progress or always short by one or two people. Also raid banners are now dead because everyone is short on resources to buy them.
It's the Tribute Hall boons.

People have to load into Menagerie get 20 kills. But they're only there for that bounty, and after it's fulfilled there's no incentive for them to stay unless they want a chest. So they don't. Same with Strikes. If you see people leave mid Strike, this is why. Bungie once again not thinking things through.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really did not expect it to drop population so quickly because they fixed the glitch. Especially since you still get 3 powerfuls of your choice plus mods.

He doesn't, not today at least.

Bungie didn't probably look at the situation with the menagerie cheese and overcorrected it. Three chests OR a guarantee (with perk) to have 2 items drop would have been a nice middle ground.

Can't say I agree, Destiny 2 is kind of still a shit show in a lot of areas.

How can I take you seriously with such a comment? I've been playing Destiny from the very beginning and it hasn't ever been better. Do I have certain grievances? Of course, we all do. Overall though, it is the best.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I really did not expect it to drop population so quickly because they fixed the glitch. Especially since you still get 3 powerfuls of your choice plus mods.

He doesn't, not today at least.

People like to feel like they are gaming the system. Also, if you are grinding for specific weapon rolls the post patch menagerie is a huge time sink.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017

getting to 750 this season was so much quicker than in the past that I imagine a lot of people aren't even bothering doing those anymore. It's going to be a real boon come future LL increases though. Between Menagerie and Black Armory forges you'll be able to get all of your random powerful drops up front, and then target up to 5 of your lowest slots to pull those up; no more wasting 3 powerful rewards in a row on a cape when all you really need is a Kinetic. I would suspect that both of those activities will see a lot more usage towards the beginning of seasons (and end of the week) going forward.

Edit: 6, really. forgot about Reckoning heads.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I'm not having trouble getting matchmaking or anything. The issue is that people have different agendas other than completing Menagerie right now. That's the big problem, and one Bungie created with the boon.

YebrFja.png

People stay long enough to get their bounty and leave. They didn't want to do Menagerie in the first place, so there is little to no chance of those people staying for 10 more minutes to finish the activity. This bounty is going to single-handedly fuck up Menagerie for people who actually want to do it for the next few weeks.

Also, once you hit 750 and get your gear the way you want it and max level for the Raid and Heroic Menagerie, more powerful rewards are no longer an incentive.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
How can I take you seriously with such a comment? I've been playing Destiny from the very beginning and it hasn't ever been better. Do I have certain grievances? Of course, we all do. Overall though, it is the best.

I don't know man, you quoted me. The game is still inferior to D1 in a lot of areas. It's not the dumpster fire it was in Y1, and it is great in some aspects. I wouldn't say it's the best it has ever been though. Bring on D3.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
The clan rank was maxed out for at least a week now.
I've never seen Hawthorne have a powerful engram available so quickly after reset. Does it not require exp to be earned by the entire clan up to a specific point for the week before it becomes available? Or is it automatic once max rank is reached? I certainly don't remember it being like that last week on reset.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen Hawthorne have a powerful engram available so quickly after reset. Does it not require exp to be earned by the entire clan up to a specific point for the week before it becomes available? Or is it automatic once max rank is reached? I certainly don't remember it being like that last week on reset.

The powerful engram is based your contributions, not the clan. There are other engrams that are given out if people in your clan do things like nightfalls or crucible together but it gives you gear at your current light level. Maybe it was that?

If it was the powerful engram, it might be because Bungie added clan exp to a bunch of activities so it's significantly easier to max your contribution for the week.

Ratazk

Oct 27, 2017
Got the Juju last night and still grinding out the catalyst. Having a hard time deciding on my all-around utility weapon for my pve kinetic slot.

Typically run with Recluse in energy slot and curated Hammerhead for heavy. Torn between Midnight Coup, Outbreak, or Juju for kinetic.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
It is accurate to say it's the best Destiny has ever been. Because QOL has never been better. But there are many things still holding it back to truly say it's superior to D1. Maps, cosmetics, music, etc are still better on D1. PVPers loved D1 trials much more and the game play was more fun. D2 has more abilities and what not but that doesn't account for titan skating to me. Many weapons were nerfed as well, a shadow of their former selves. But D2 has more weapon types and balance. D2 just needs to bring some of that magic back and we're good.

LunaticPuma

Oct 27, 2017
D1 Nightfalls and raid loot was all better too.

Outbreak is much better in D2 though. I love that gun now that it is not Fallen specific.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
The powerful engram is based your contributions, not the clan. There are other engrams that are given out if people in your clan do things like nightfalls or crucible together but it gives you gear at your current light level. Maybe it was that?

If it was the powerful engram, it might be because Bungie added clan exp to a bunch of activities so it's significantly easier to max your contribution for the week.
I was forge farming so that must have been it. I didn't realize that failed forges still granted exp. That's kinda funny but I'm not complaining.

Pandaman

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Also, once you hit 750 and get your gear the way you want it and max level for the Raid and Heroic Menagerie, more powerful rewards are no longer an incentive.
That's when the mods swooce in. Nobody is or should be attempting heroic or crown of ease without a full set of mods and the rarity of the +ability power mods makes menagerie powerful drops still valuable in the endgame.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
That's when the mods swooce in. Nobody is or should be attempting heroic or crown of ease without a full set of mods and the rarity of the +ability power mods makes menagerie powerful drops still valuable in the endgame.

Issue with the mods is that majority of them only work on leviathan. If you're not doing menagerie or the raid you won't care about the mods.

Also sucks hard that they are heavily weighted to drop the absolute useless mods like largesse.

People who have run 3x raids and all mod chances every week are still missing some of the actually useful mods like hive barrier, armaments, energized etc. But they have 3 or 4 stacks of largesse mods.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
There's a hive barrier one?

Ffs

Is there a lost of mods somewhere, I've only got one precious energy one. And finally got a power one last Tuesday.

Last edited:

Edgeward

Oct 27, 2017
I mean once the season is over and the menagerie won't even drop mods as part of powerful drops then I really won't have a reason to invest additional time in outside of the the occasional equipment slot to even out the power level when they artificially increase the cap again. I just hope I get hive armaments before that happens.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Why does it feel like I'm always speed running Lake of Shadows for some grind? God damn it...

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Got corrupted pulse for cursebreaker and 1KV. Today has been a good day.

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
Finally got my titan looking fly. Almost finished the campaign on that character too so just my Warlock to get up to date now. Still loads to do on my hunter but that can wait.

Using Stronghold in PVP is really fun. Especially as mine has sword scavenger too.bGot away from some 3v1 situations that were certain death before.

Oct 28, 2017
Got Whisper of the Worm tonight. That final room is just mental stuff. Took a guy through it on his first time ever and he must have been sweating bullets by the end.

Wreck We Em

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
About to enter the depths of hell and run some comp games on Xbox if anyone is interested
GT is same as on here....at about 1100 Glory

Send me a msg

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
4 tributes left for the bad juju catalyst...only pvp/gambit/raid tributes left... as solo player this stinks. The moment of triumph is not worth the effort to torture myself in pvp and gambit for the pinnacle wepaon.

Oct 27, 2017
I really dont wanna forge 10 weapons for triumph x.x
...and these triumphs and tributes are mostly for an Exotic weapon and it's Catalyst that will be used sparingly by players overall. This is what the game has been reduced to.

Does anyone actually play any of the game modes because they just enjoy the gameplay of them anymore?

Exploit, cheese, complete this bounty...leave game mode, complete that bounty...leave that game mode...sounds fun and healthy for the game.

Ratazk

Oct 27, 2017
Cashed in on some gunsmith materials for first time in ages and pulled an outlaw/rampage Halfdan-D.

I know autos are in a rough place but any advice on a mod for it? Counterbalance? On console.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
...and these triumphs and tributes are mostly for an Exotic weapon and it's Catalyst that will be used sparingly by players overall. This is what the game has been reduced to.

Does anyone actually play any of the game modes because they just enjoy the gameplay of them anymore?

Exploit, cheese, complete this bounty...leave game mode, complete that bounty...leave that game mode...sounds fun and healthy for the game.
I play what I want and don't care about What anyone else is thirsting after in the community. Fun for me. The game was dead when there was only an incentive to play for fun only. People like to grind. People should re-evaluate how much they actually care about what you "have" to do in this game.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
4 tributes left for the bad juju catalyst...only pvp/gambit/raid tributes left... as solo player this stinks. The moment of triumph is not worth the effort to torture myself in pvp and gambit for the pinnacle wepaon.

You just have to spend time in those modes, doesn't even matter how well you do. I don't get this.

Oct 27, 2017
Cashed in on some gunsmith materials for first time in ages and pulled an outlaw/rampage Halfdan-D.

I know autos are in a rough place but any advice on a mod for it? Counterbalance? On console.
I'd try Backup Mag first to see how many extra rounds you get per mag to basically enhance the Rampage Trait, I don't remember how unstable the Halfdan is but I guess try Counterbalance if it's too unwieldy, and then the obvious Rampage Spec mod.

I play what I want and don't care about What anyone else is thirsting after in the community. Fun for me. The game was dead when there was only an incentive to play for fun only. People like to grind. People should re-evaluate how much they actually care about what you "have" to do in this game.

Just saying as I mostly hear how this mode or that mode (Forges, Gambit/Reckoning, Menagerie) sucks/isn't rewarding enough, etc. That leaves story missions/strikes and we know Bungie already feels those two aren't worth their development time and then Raids and Crucible which the former is played by a very, very small percentage of players and the latter is seemingly complained about just as much as it is played.

Last edited:

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
I really wish I could change the sights on Bad Juju. That plus the smoke sometimes distracts me, especially in crucible. I didn't use the gun much in D1 but it seems solid and useful overall. But, I'll be going back to Blast furnace soon enough.

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish I could change the sights on Bad Juju. That plus the smoke sometimes distracts me, especially in crucible. I didn't use the gun much in D1 but it seems solid and useful overall. But, I'll be going back to Blast furnace soon enough.
FWIW, the ornament that makes the Bad Juju red removes the smoke effect. I think the other ornament does too but not 100% sure.

Going to go kill some things with it to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.