• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Alright guys, I mainly play as warlock in PvE content, my current stats are 4/5/4. I'm finally gonna start putting mods into my armor but not sure which stats are worth boosting. I've watched so many videos explaining it but can't come to a conclusion. I'm fine with where my mobility is it at cause it's never caused me a problem. So that leaves me with boosting resilience and recovery. Beyond 5/4 not sure which would be the better to boost.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Even post nerf?

20% damage reduction feels huge to me for a gun type that never felt overpowered in PvE already

The 20% damage nerf is only for bosses, which makes sense since machine guns, especially thunderlord is more for add clear than melting a boss.

Is there any infomation about arc week and the revelry ? Im very curious...

I think the revelry engrams are in the database but not much beyond that.

Alright guys, I mainly play as warlock in PvE content, my current stats are 4/5/4. I'm finally gonna start putting mods into my armor but not sure which stats are worth boosting. I've watched so many videos explaining it but can't come to a conclusion. I'm fine with where my mobility is it at cause it's never caused me a problem. So that leaves me with boosting resilience and recovery. Beyond 5/4 not sure which would be the better to boost.

For PvE, I don't think it matters too much because the thresholds aren't so clearly delineated as in PvP, where a couple resilience could be the difference between 3 shot or 4 shot. I'm no expert but I'd say you're better off using using other mods like ones that regen abilities than boosting those stats.

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
I have a question about the forges. Is there any good reason to not do all the frames at the berguasia forge? Like what are the pros of doing it in their actual ones?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
the shotgun changes did fuck all in pvp, as expected. yet another pve nerf thanks to pvp. unfortunate

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I have a question about the forges. Is there any good reason to not do all the frames at the berguasia forge? Like what are the pros of doing it in their actual ones?

Nah there's no significant reason outside of bounties/quests/triumphs which makes the decision to lock frames behind unlocking forges per character even dumber.

The only benefit to doing a lower level forge beyond it being slightly easier is I think that you have a better chance (or only chance, not sure) of getting Le Monarque from Izanami.

Last edited:

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Nah there's no significant reason outside of bounties/quests/triumphs which makes the decision to lock frames behind unlocking forges per character even dumber.

The only benefit to doing a lower level forge beyond it being slightly easier is I think that you have a better chance (or only chance, not sure) of getting Le Monarque from Izanami.

Ive noticed that some of the random roll legendaries that sometimes drop seem to have higher rates depending on location

Maybe its rng messing with me but i always seem to see certain guns only at certain forges

RedFury

Oct 27, 2017

No you can get in in bergusia too. I got several LeMons before I got Jotunn to drop.

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
How about to get the curated rolls? Bergusia or their actual forge? I think that's what I'm looking for the most, the curated ones

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Ive noticed that some of the random roll legendaries that sometimes drop seem to have higher rates depending on location

Maybe its rng messing with me but i always seem to see certain guns only at certain forges

Oh right I forgot about those but yea, I have no idea if they're tied to specific forges.

How about to get the curated rolls? Bergusia or their actual forge? I think that's what I'm looking for the most, the curated ones

IIRC, you can only get them from Bergusia.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Uh, Bad Omens still destroys Riven. If anything, it's even faster since they buffed rocket base damage. I just cheesed it last night and we laughed at how quick it was.

Hell, Ikelos feels better as well with the base damage buff to shotguns.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather use jotunn or telesto instead of 1kv

What can I use to take advantage of 1kv damage boost?

A trench barrel shotty.

The change to Whisper is fucking stupid. This thing is supposed to be an exotic. Remember when Bungie apologized and said they'd start making exotics feel exotic and then they did that ...for a few months ...and then went back to nerfing exotics? STOP MAKING PVE LESS FUN TO PLAY, MORONS!

Just don't miss, bruv. EZ.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Do not waste mod slots on stats. For PvE it does not matter at all. For PvP you either go with very high mobility and a baseline of resilience (3-4), or build around 5-7 resilience to counter certain weapons.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'll pvp my way to 700.

th

On the weekends

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Curated roll for this dropped in Prime. This shit is basically a "even if you suck at sniping, we'll still let you reload fast" sniper.

N3xxE3k.png

AustinFordGames

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
I may get a lot of flack for this, but I've always main'd a Warlock and I run a 0/5/8 unmodded. I seriously recommend a very high recovery, a high resilience, and absolutely minimum mobility. I ran whisper and the Spire of Stars jumping puzzle with 0 mobility, so it's more than viable.

Jim

Oct 27, 2017
Does the Ikelos SG not do as much DPS as before? It's considerably slower than before and I can't tell if it's just a placebo but I feel like it still does a boatload of damage.
Rate of fire for Ikelos SG is so slow feeling now (rapid-fire frame is 140 RPM down from 200 RPM ). Throwing off my timing for sure. But it does higher damage (roughly double in PvE due to multiplier). So still good, but just not as nimble feeling.

Also, I achieved Dredgen before the end of the season (pre-triple XP), but it looks significantly easier now with all the Infamy opportunities, quicker games, higher meatball spawn at all times and Light vs Light triumph being much easier.

Stock

Oct 25, 2017
Luxembourg
I may get a lot of flack for this, but I've always main'd a Warlock and I run a 0/5/8 unmodded. I seriously recommend a very high recovery, a high resilience, and absolutely minimum mobility. I ran whisper and the Spire of Stars jumping puzzle with 0 mobility, so it's more than viable.
Good to hear your success with a low mobility Warlock build. Leviathan caused me think I must have high mobility to make it in Raids. Now I just have to get over my jumping puzzle Warlock anxiety!

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
the shotgun changes did fuck all in pvp, as expected. yet another pve nerf thanks to pvp. unfortunate
Yep. I think the pinnacle SMG will be more or less the only relevant SMG as a result, tbqh. Shotguns really encroach on the space SMGs want to operate in.

Well actually.... I don't want to speak to soon here. I have yet to see how much of an impact the titan skating nerf will have on PC. It may have been the sheer speed with which Titans could move in PvP up until now that may be warping my perception, as their ability to gap-close into 1-shot range was simply faster than an SMG could realistically put anyone down. I need to see how the body shot SMG damage increase helps their realistic TTKs. If SMGs not named Recluse can star to feel close to TLW in hipfire TTK potential, we're in a good place overall.

Curated roll for this dropped in Prime. This shit is basically a "even if you suck at sniping, we'll still let you reload fast" sniper.

N3xxE3k.png
Yep, I've seen a few of those. One of the lowest zoom lengths from what I've read. If that's true, this will be the the #2 best legendary energy slot sniper rifle behind Twilight Oath which will likely always be superior in PvP due to its MUCH high rate of fire and low recoil on its curated roll.

I really want one. The curated shotgun I got yesterday is cool, but not a huge standout for me yet.

Note: this weapon can roll with Snapshot AND Opening Shot. Which may make it #1 in the energy slot if you get that roll.

Man trying to get hvt on Nessus for this forge quest but it's dead before I even see it
We've all been there. One of the most frustrating parts of the quest.

You're just going to have to hang out and keep your eyes peeled. You don't have to kill it; just get some damage on it.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear your success with a low mobility Warlock build. Leviathan caused me think I must have high mobility to make it in Raids. Now I just have to get over my jumping puzzle Warlock anxiety!

Strafe jump turns jumping into a non issue

Transversive steps gives you all the mobility boost you need for those moments you need to crouch walk fast/slide far etc

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
The revisionism is strong in this one. CoO was the reason D2 was in such a bad place. I played nearly 200hrs of launch D2; that was less than I was expecting but launch D2 was better than launch D1 as a package. I was hopeful CoO was going to turn it around and give me lots of stuff to do, but instead I logged in on launch day, cleared all the content, and then decided there was no point to doing the forge weapons anytime soon. After that first week I didn't log back in for three months. EoW is also the second worst short raid, just ahead of Cota. The Argos fight is cool, but there's nothing else to that raid.

Revisionism? It's pretty clear you haven't even read what I've said, so I'm not even going to bother.

What is good for boss damage? I try to save jotun for HVP's and primevil wizards but I need something in heavy that can hit that boss hard. I like to keep my Machine gun equipped for invaders

Coil is pretty nuts damage wise but Jotunn is too fun.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm way too used to strafe jump now, can't handle anything else. I feel like most warlock jump struggles are due to not using the strafe.

Boost jump was a culprit for.many of my missed jump issues in the past but i used it all the time without thinking

It does allow you to move in a single direction faster but honestly the trade off on control isnt worth it

Its really the superior Jump option outside of using Blink for when needed (crucible or whatever)

Nov 14, 2017
Revisionism? It's pretty clear you haven't even read what I've said, so I'm not even going to bother.

Coil is pretty nuts damage wise but Jotunn is too fun.
I mean, I did?

You said that if CoO was released post-Forsaken then it would have been received better. My post clearly outlined the problems with CoO as a DLC package, i.e. you could do it all on all your characters within a few days and then there was basically nothing. Beyond the tedious weapon forge grind which you progressed by doing the same activities as before, there were no new meaningful systems to engage with. That's why players abandoned Curse.

BA, on the other hand, had the best short raid Destiny has ever seen and a system for forging weapons that was fundamentally sound, if a little rough. The main problem with the forging is there's too much friction - you have to find a lost sector you like, load in and out, etc. The actual forge activity is fine too. Not amazing, but not bad either.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The change to Whisper is fucking stupid. This thing is supposed to be an exotic. Remember when Bungie apologized and said they'd start making exotics feel exotic and then they did that ...for a few months ...and then went back to nerfing exotics? STOP MAKING PVE LESS FUN TO PLAY, MORONS!
Because infinite ammo isn't exotic enough already? Good lord.

Nothing is more grating when people are like "wtf Bungie you said you'd never nerf anything ever again!!". No, they said they'd be more conservative about nerfs and not go overkill on them, which they've made good on that promise.

Literally don't miss and it's the same gun as before. They didn't even touch its monstrous damage at all.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
What's a curated roll?
when a gun from certain activities such as the raid come masterworked already with fixed perks this is a curated roll. Essentially bungie picks the perks and typically they're the best combinations for that gun, in addition to it being completely master worked. For example the curated roll of nation of beasts hand cannon in LW raid is for all intents and purposes the fatebringer roll from d2 which I guess was one of the first curated rolls lol. Last thing to mention is curated roll drops are random. Depending on your luck you could be getting multiple version of a gun with random perks before you get the curated roll for it.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
9 reserves instead of 20. You basically got to make your shots count now instead of shrug off the occasional miss.
Sounds totally fair to me. I can't think of too many instances where you should be using Whisper where you are likely to miss shots.
  • Eater of Worlds boss - can't really miss.
  • Spire of Stars boss - can't really miss.
  • Scourge boss - just need to be smart and keep count of your shots as you shit positions. Don't use Whisper to lazily destroy shield points.
  • Servitor public events - can't really miss.
  • Last Wish Riven and Morgath - can't really miss.

That being said, this change does mean you can't reasonably use Whisper against Suro Chi or Kali. But people haven't used Whisper in either encounter since September. I think that's fine.

Now pls rationalize thunderlord boss damage nerf for me.
Probably didn't want it to be used for Riven cheese.

Oct 27, 2017
Because infinite ammo isn't exotic enough already? Good lord.

Nothing is more grating when people are like "wtf Bungie you said you'd never nerf anything ever again!!". No, they said they'd be more conservative about nerfs and not go overkill on them, which they've made good on that promise.

Literally don't miss and it's the same gun as before. They didn't even touch its monstrous damage at all.
You do comprehend that not all uses for a sniper is against a boss right? There are numerous scenarios that require one shot only. Limited the ammo for this one sniper was fucking stupid and it was targeted directly at PVE. But again, it's what they've done from the start. They see people having fun, and they say "fuck that, let's nerf the fun". Now if they actually fixed perks like "Find heavy ammo", this wouldn't be as bad, but they don't appear to give a shit about fixing that.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
when a gun from certain activities such as the raid come masterworked already with fixed perks this is a curated roll. Essentially bungie picks the perks and typically they're the best combinations for that gun, in addition to it being completely master worked. For example the curated roll of nation of beasts hand cannon in LW raid is for all intents and purposes the fatebringer roll from d2 which I guess was one of the first curated rolls lol. Last thing to mention is curated roll drops are random. Depending on your luck you could be getting multiple version of a gun with random perks before you get the curated roll for it.
Is the yellow what let's you know it's curated? I have a couple like that and wasn't sure wtf it meant.

The existence of these makes me feel better about random rolls coming back, I guess.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You do comprehend that not all uses for a sniper is against a boss right? There are numerous scenarios that require one shot only. Limited the ammo for this one sniper was fucking stupid and it was targeted directly at PVE. But again, it's what they've done from the start. They see people having fun, and they say "fuck that, let's nerf the fun". Now if they actually fixed perks like "Find heavy ammo", this wouldn't be as bad, but they don't appear to give a shit about fixing that.
This might blow your mind, but PvE also has to maintain a balance to it. "It was FUN" isn't an excuse to never tone something down.

Slaughtering everything with ease might be "fun" but they also have to maintain a sense of challenge at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.