• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I've done ~90% of all available milestones/powerful drop events on all three characters and not one exotic drop. I've gotten one Y2 exotic in the past 5 to 6 weeks I'd say. My Warlock needs armor but what do I get instead? Fucking weapons.
I absolutely love getting Sunbracers as exotic drops and then going to Xur to see what he's selling, only to find out it's the quest reward gauntlets lol.

Meanwhile Geomags dropping for people in Gambit left and right.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
RESET BABY on thanksgiving week/end too

Just need those last few exotics

x4EsqBI.png

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Whats with Gambit and it's obsession of giving me my nth Bad Omens? I just want the damn Parcel of Stardust Shotgun.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Reset is upon us. That means three more raids and absolutely fuck all from them. Just gimme my damn bow and ship, please.
welcome to the club.
Agreed. Kill Clip is far and above one of the best perks you can get for PvP. The only time I'd choose rampage over it in PvP is with a 390 pulse. Since those nearly kill in 2-bursts anyway, the 10% extra damage gets you there without needing to reload. That said, Kill Clip does last a second or so longer than Rampage. So the choice is a bit more difficult on a 390 Pulse.

Rampage is certainly best in class for PvE. Higher total damage output, the player doesn't need to do anything extra to make it work, and refreshes by playing normally.

What's not to like?
Sure, but it's not about liking or disliking as if one is good and the other is bad. The shit isn't binary. It's about what works best on a given weapon in a given situation. I definitely find my Outlaw + Kill Clip Go Figure to be a far -- and I mean far -- superior experience to my Outlaw + Rampage Go Figure in the Raid, for example. Night and day difference in terms of satisfaction. Even more so back when I was in the 550-590 LL range. By contrast, if I'm...idunno...doing level 2 of Escalation Protocol, I'd rather just chill out and be lazy with my Rampage variant.

For PvE it depends on the weapon, what you're doing, and who you're doing it too. What do Rampage and Outlaw against look like again high-level, high hp red and yellow bars? How about a 5x 300k+ Nightfall push? Soloing Shattered Throne? Rampage is *clearly* less than ideal. In serious PvE content, affixes like Kill Clip, Rapid Hit, 4th Time, and Triple Tap suddenly become the MUCH better, more effective, and more useful options.

Blanket statements like "rampage is certainly best in class for PvE" is simply inaccurate. It is sometimes, but not all the time. As you would expect for a game with any degree of nuance. Rampage and Outlaw become a pretty medicore choice when you can't reliably burst down hordes of mobs before you must reload or before that rampage timer runs out. Which again, depending on the activity, is pretty often. As you are well aware.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I found a Zenobia-D with cluster bombs and auto-loading holster. It's like a Sins of the Past with tracking. It's pretty nice.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Saw one Cursebreaker yesterday in a strike, it was the first one, I had to go check which category of triumph it was.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I like Dredgen strictly for the lore so I got that one. Probably the only one I will have cuz my RNG for the Cursebreaker cosmetics is trash.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Queenbreaker dropped from daily strike chest. Just in time for bonus Infamy week.

Last edited:

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
What would y'all say the grind is like going for a fresh Infamy reset in a week? Trying to decide if I want to grind out my second reset for the season 4 triumph.

Nov 8, 2017
1) From what I've read on Amazon it has the base game and all 3 expansions. I'm not sure if the base game is on disc but the expansions are a digital code, basically the same as getting it from PSN.

2) I'm not 100% sure but it should be fine. Your progress isn't on your save file, it's uploaded to Bungie or whatever. You shouldn't lose anything.
Thanks! So just to be clear, the digital version mentions a "Level 30 Character Boost", and makes it sound like Level 30 is necessary to play the DLC. This is not mentioned anywhere on the Amazon page. Do you think the version on Amazon will include it, and if not, will we need to be play until Level 30 in the base game to play the expansion? We're currently at Level 21, so not sure how long it would take.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Thanks! So just to be clear, the digital version mentions a "Level 30 Character Boost", and makes it sound like Level 30 is necessary to play the DLC. This is not mentioned anywhere on the Amazon page. Do you think the version on Amazon will include it, and if not, will we need to be play until Level 30 in the base game to play the expansion? We're currently at Level 21, so not sure how long it would take.
Every copy of Forsaken, regardless of standalone DLC or collection version, contains a free level 30 boost.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

According to someone who answered the question on amazon, it does come with the boost. Either way if you're 21 you'll get to 30 fast. 30 is when all the high grade stuff starts dropping and the "real" game begins. You'll get there in no time if you stick to finishing the campaigns.
Also make sure that you're buying the game from the same region. you need to redeem your dlc code with the psn store that corresponds with the region.

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
Can the sleeper bundle sleeper ornament be gotten from engrams or bright dust? Or is it only available with Silver?

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
Sure, but it's not about liking or disliking as if one is good and the other is bad. The shit isn't binary. It's about what works best on a given weapon in a given situation. I definitely find my Outlaw + Kill Clip Go Figure to be a far -- and I mean far -- superior experience to my Outlaw + Rampage Go Figure in the Raid, for example. Night and day difference in terms of satisfaction. Even more so back when I was in the 550-590 LL range. By contrast, if I'm...idunno...doing level 2 of Escalation Protocol, I'd rather just chill out and be lazy with my Rampage variant.

I didn't intend to imply that one is terrible/awful. They both are top-tier perks, and there's a reason why folks almost always include them in their Godrolls. They really are just that good.

For PvE it depends on the weapon, what you're doing, and who you're doing it too. What do Rampage and Outlaw against look like again high-level, high hp red and yellow bars? How about a 5x 300k+ Nightfall push? Soloing Shattered Throne? Rampage is *clearly* less than ideal. In serious PvE content, affixes like Kill Clip, Rapid Hit, 4th Time, and Triple Tap suddenly become the MUCH better, more effective, and more useful options.

For a majority of the examples you listed, there are, in fact, a bunch of trash mobs all over the place to proc your Kill Clip/Rampage. If no trash mobs are about, and if a player is worried about survival, that's the reason we have Special/Heavy weapons. No one wants to tangle with a major/ultra with a Primary -- even if that Primary has Kill Clip/Rampage. Gotta use the right tool for the right job, yeah?

Blanket statements like "rampage is certainly best in class for PvE" is simply inaccurate. It is sometimes, but not all the time. As you would expect for a game with any degree of nuance. Rampage and Outlaw become a pretty medicore choice when you can't reliably burst down hordes of mobs before you must reload or before that rampage timer runs out. Which again, depending on the activity, is pretty often. As you are well aware.

I have to disagree. Rampage is the best perk for PvE, followed closely by Kill Clip.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I sadly haven't had much time to play destiny much in the past few weeks.

1. What "week" is it in the dreaming city?
2. What burn is it for whisper quest?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Its supposed to be a higher chance in that activity, but as far as I'm aware theres been zero proof of it dropping anywhere else. Same with the ghost and ascendant challenges.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
so after seeing crooked fang so many times in gambit i tried it (was still using sleeper)

-one shots
-little to no charge time
-picks up 5 per brick vs 4 for sleeper in it's best pre nerf days

so umm yeah, whats not to like. this was better than sleeper before the sleeper nerf. i guess the downside is i dont know if it's doing much damage against the primeval/adds. but thats tough to judge since the primeval is basically untouchable at first, soft later, and as far as i'm concerned its basically just a function of time.

also randomly ended up using my cluster/field prep bad omen for the win a match with all gambit weapons, and with one rocket launcher reserves armor, and one scavenger, it picks up a lot. like 9 rockets easy. so it seems to be another decent heavy option if you arent considering invaders

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I know I got the ghost from the ascendant challenge. Don't remember where I got sparrow from. Maybe it was the Well.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Wow.

Shafted again this week. No bow or ship. I have three friends who also have over 30 clears like me, and they still haven't gotten 1000 Voices yet. They're beyond pissed. The raid loot table is absolute bullshit.

I got Cerberus +1. The only weapon remaining is Wavesplitter. I still need 7 more armor pieces.

Oct 25, 2017
I was complaining so hard about my lack of Forsaken exotics, but I guess I'm not so bad off. I got Queenbreaker and Shards of Galanor this past week and my trophy for 10 Forsaken exotics has only been completed by 0.9 percent of players. That's really good considering I only play with one character. And I got Luna's Howl. I'm very content now.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, complete collection of the price of 75$

Wonder if I should buy it now or just the legendary collection.

Oct 26, 2017
Ok guys here's the deal...

I can get Destiny 2,base game for 12 euros for my Xbox One X. That's worth it right? But I've been told that I need to get all the other stuff right away too for the full experience. I'm guessing that would be Forsaken? Anything else and how much would that be in total?

DntSpwnOnMe

Oct 25, 2017
Ok guys here's the deal...

I can get Destiny 2,base game for 12 euros for my Xbox One X. That's worth it right? But I've been told that I need to get all the other stuff right away too for the full experience. I'm guessing that would be Forsaken? Anything else and how much would that be in total?
the lengdary collection, which included destiny 2 and all the expansions, is on sale on the Xbox store for like $35

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is there some sort of set stat limit for weapons? Master working my Go Figure did not increase its stability at all. Bar still in the same spot.

Oct 25, 2017
I've read posts saying the ghost has dropped from well and other random chests, but zero proof. I received my sparrow from the story missions, personally.

Thats the Silver Tercel right?

If so a friend of mine got it during one of those story bounties we ran as well (might have been Dark Monastery or Broken Courier).

Another friend got the ship from Shattered Throne and he wasn't even expecting it.

I've gotten fuck all because RNGGod hates me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.