• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Been playing A LOT of Gambit of late mostly because I like being thrown into the action very quickly with objectives, etc. Love, love the atmosphere/setting of the Dreaming City but there just isn't a ton to do there as of yet. My experience remains the same, the best counter for Sleeper invaders is, well, a Sleeper and situational awareness (find some cover and back yourself into an area where the invader can't get you from behind). Speaking of the Sleeper, with my setup currently I can carry 16 rounds (not sure if I can increase that or not).

My Hunter and Warlock are both at 548 PL while I haven't been playing much at all with my Titan so he's lagging behind at 544 PL.

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. Infusion is terrible. 25 mats and masterwork cores? No, that's dumb.
And the defense for it rubs me the wrong way. People tell me to hold off on infusing my stuff until I reach max level. The slog from 500 onward is obviously a long one, and I'm encouraged to make that journey without my favorite gear. In what world is that good design?

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Whats up with that Odynom guy under the bridge in the Dreaming City? 385 PL recommended, lol

You get a Triumph for killing him. I didn't have much issue with him at around 535 LL. He hits like a truck though so it's bob and weave around the bridge to play it safe. Need a good Shotty and/or Sleeper too.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
I managed to get to the Vault (4th encounter) in the raid. I'm at work right now but might actually leave early. I'm not sure if I'm having a slight panic attack (absolutely no history of anxiety) or on the verge of having a heart attack (29 years old, no history of heart or cardiovascular issues). I may leave and go to an urgent care center and then go home. I don't know. I hate calling out of work. My co-workers and superiors think I should leave too. But today is one of those days where they really want us to be in. Sort of a "all hands on deck" kind of day. In fact, I came in three hours early. I don't want my absence to make me look bad. I take my job very seriously.

In other news, I plan on beating this damn raid before reset on Tuesday. I'm sure I will.

hey -PXG-, I got those all the time. The best thing you can do is just remember it's all in your head and start breathing into your belly through your nose and exhale through your mouth. Repeat this like 4-5 times and you should be good. I know it's tough when you're in the thick of it but try to relax!

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Why is the Well full of idiots? PEople who can't or won't take down the shields on the big guys. Constantly. I take the shields down on one and move to the other yet people just aren't doing anything productive.

EDIT: And that is if there is anyone even in the area. They really needed to tie some loot to this. And I don't mean the single seed. Something to keep people doing this because there really is no point outside of doing it for the weekly, and that just seems like a bad thing. Making a new activity that the only reward is tied to something else.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Just in-case anyone is in the same position as me, Sleeper node grind for the exotic quest.

It seems the best place for this is Glacial Drift.

There are usually 2-3 kill/collect related patrols here, and often one more will re-spawn as you clear those. you can use the Escalation protocol for bodies for the patrols as they're all hive related.

There's also a lost Sector at the bottom right of the area, Ma'Adim Subterrane.

If you run through the tunnels until you see a bridge in front of you, jump to the bridge and turn right, you can get to the boss very quickly. You can either spam this to break up the patrols or just do it at the end of each area clear.

Then orbit, return, repeat.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Why is the Well full of idiots? PEople who can't or won't take down the shields on the big guys. Constantly. I take the shields down on one and move to the other yet people just aren't doing anything productive.

If you're on ps4 and running t2-3 and need help, I need 50% more clears and a seed still.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
after playing the raid for 8 hours today with multiple groups i come to the conclusion that this is the unfriendliest raid for pugs and randoms and it hasn´t even to do with the requirements of the powerlevel.

this raid is far too complex for your average joe gamer and unless you are really lucky with the people expect to get a headache out of this thing. it is cool but only with a group that knows each other and where the chemistry is good between the people.

i played the first 3 bosses and every boss has some wipe mechanics, even the first boss gives many people a hell of a time with going in the right chambers to prevent the wipe. it basically starts on the kings fall witches level coordination wise. we were 3 people from the clan with so many randoms who gave up on this thing, it was unreal.

you can´t expect randoms to have a clue of all this intricate shit and there is so much of it that many people will leave after 3-5 tries. it says a lot if streamers that are good at this game took so long to conquer it, it will be hell for random groups and i saw it live today where even people with 550+ couldn´t grasp the mechanics or understood them but something goes wrong everytime.

sure it will get better as weeks go by but no, that is no "fun" raid to do and again a thing of heavy mechanics, dps checks and "one screw up and you are done" stuff. not a fan at all unfortunately.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*random Gambit teammate invades other side, kills nobody, loses 12 motes*

giphy.gif

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The seed being tied to the Well is BS. I've now run probably 50+ Tier 2 Wells and have yet to get it. It's nothing but a waste of someone's time having to do this.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I understand the Nightfall? The entire time we only had a .15x multiplier and stood no chance of hitting 100k?

Gammacide

Oct 27, 2017
I agree it's bad, but just run one tier 3 and you'll get it.
Easier said than done. As everyone has said, the matchmaking sucks and too many people still have very little clue when it comes to the mechanics. Hopefully one day soon I'll find an instance with 8 other competent folks to get another seed. Really ought to be other ways besides this and the raid.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it isnt a bother, can you guys tell me what activities should I not even attempt while solo on the dreaming city? I wasted a light thing because I was absolutely destroyed by the mobs, dont want to repeat that.

Oct 27, 2017
Easier said than done. As everyone has said, the matchmaking sucks and too many people still have very little clue when it comes to the mechanics. Hopefully one day soon I'll find an instance with 8 other competent folks to get another seed. Really ought to be other ways besides this and the raid.
Again, I can't disagree. The matchmaking in this game is awful. But if you really want that seed, go to /fireteams and you'll find a group eventually.

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
The seed being tied to the Well is BS. I've now run probably 50+ Tier 2 Wells and have yet to get it. It's nothing but a waste of someone's time having to do this.

Have you fully maxed out your new subclass?

I heard that was a requirement, but it might have been a theory.

Yeah you have to max out your first one before the second one can drop. I did tier 2s for hours and didn't get it to drop. Then it dropped very quickly once I maxed out the first one.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Its incredibly easy if you are above 530 and ask for 530 + on lfg sites.. not to mentions 530 power is easily achievable if you have been getting the powerful engrams

I finished tier 3 AND 4 (heroic) first try with 530+ players (6 players total) .. took me less than 20mins

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
Yes my solar spinning hammer was maxed long before I ever even did the well for the first time. That has nothing to do with it.

You sure that you maxed and activated all four nodes? And your doing tier2 or tier3 BW? Otherwise your just really unlucky.. both of the seeds I got from BW dropped very quickly after I had my previous maxed out. But it is random

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Have all 4 nodes activated and it should be an easy drop. Mine dropped on my first tier 2. Also, have you completed tier 1?

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
You sure that you maxed and activated all four nodes? And your doing tier2 or tier3 BW? Otherwise your just really unlucky.. both of the seeds I got from BW dropped very quickly after I had my previous maxed out. But it is random
It's random and can take forever. I got my second fast my son it took like 30 tier 2 and it isn't a guarantee on tier 3 either.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
2nd seed is definitely RNG. But the higher the tier of Blind Well the higher the likelihood of it dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.