• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gammacide

Oct 27, 2017
Wow—
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Mercury is sooooo gorgeous!!

Oct 25, 2017
Re: PS4 Pro HDR - Mark Noseworthy tweeted a reply to someone stating that "top folks are looking into it." So fingers crossed it gets resolved sooner rather than later.

(I'd embed the tweet, but I don't know how.)

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It basically feels like you're be drag towards the ground when you initiate it.
Again, I'm just in awe at some of the changes they've made. You're saying they made Titan traversal even worse? WTF is wrong with these guys? For months they've heard the complaints that we no longer feel epic like in D1 and they go and make it worse?

renzollama

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not sure what you mean.

Look for more vault space as a purchasable microtransaction once the heat dies down from the current EA debacle. If I'm not mistaken, they haven't mentioned the vault space issue once in all their recent communication regarding community requests - I sincerely doubt that's coincidental.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I knew what to expect, but locking Heroic Strikes behind the DLC still seems like a low blow.

That's the exact thing people refer to when they say Bungie waits to release features people want and locks them behind DLC.

Verano

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
fuck anybody know what to do in the lighthouse? i got the mercury coordinates or someshit but dont know where to go form there...

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Help please, I can't find the DLC downloading. I went to PSN store > the expansion > download. But I don't see it downloading
Just hit options on the Destiny icon in the XMB and check for update - you get the update regardless of whether you buy the DLC or not.

(I'd embed the tweet, but I don't know how.)
Just hit the media button (looks like a film strip) and insert the link to the tweet and the forum does the rest.

Deleted member 4541

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, prestige modes for both Nightfall and Raid are locked for non-DLC owners, don't know any other way to get the trophy.

Is this weeks NF one of the new strikes? If so (& hopefully it is, otherwise it is absolute bullshit), maybe when the NF rotates to one of the original strikes, the prestige mode will be available.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
I watched my dad play this, I saw that there is a free demo out.

What do I need to know before I start playing this?

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Stopping people that don't have the DLC from gaining power and bumping the base Leviathan PL requirement to 300 is... not nice at all. Not this early into the life span and with people still having not completed the raid.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Infinite forest is defitinley a harder area than any base game mission for sure. Tons of enemies in big open spaces with very little space to hide.

renzollama

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Definitely not new, but still scummy all the same, especially when it's a feature that should've been there at launch.

The game is literally six weeks released on PC and they're already antiquating base content and locking new activities behind paid DLC - I can't wait to see the apologist response to this one

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm beyond pissed right now. Should've known better to not support this fucking product in the first place. Seems like even Nightfalls are now a locked feature if you don't own the DLC. Greedy ass motherfuckers.

Edit: sorry for my language, I just need to blow off some steam.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That there are better ways to spend your time and better games to play than Destiny 2.
tenor.gif

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Is this weeks NF one of the new strikes? If so (& hopefully it is, otherwise it is absolute bullshit), maybe when the NF rotates to one of the original strikes, the prestige mode will be available.

But even then the normal mode is unlocked and that is likely an old one why not put that as the prestige? Prestige is still 330 though and with no way of leveling it would seem insane to do it at 305. They knew they would have this problem after the previous 3 years and haven't found a solution other then tempt you into buying the DLC.

Zereta

Oct 26, 2017
That there are better ways to spend your time and better games to play than Destiny 2.

Very nice and helpful.

I watched my dad play this, I saw that there is a free demo out.

What do I need to know before I start playing this?

Destiny 2, IMO, is an immensely fun game that, in its current iteration, is incredibly fun and rewarding. You don't have to dedicate immense amounts of time at a time to enjoy it. As it stands, about 100-160 hours in, you might find that you've gotten most of what you wanna/can get out of the game. At that point, Destiny 2, as it stands, doesn't have much else to offer though it is feedback that Bungie has acknowledged and ostensibly are working on fixing. However, if you're like me and can only manage about 10 hours a week (not even most of the time), Destiny 2 feels rewarding and fun everytime I boot it up and doesn't punish you for not dedicating your life to it.

It's the game I go to unwind, kick back and kill some aliens. Very satisfying.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
How do the high impact hand cannons like the Iron Banner one feel after this? On Mouse/Keyboard, not sure if the auto aim buff is going to be noticeable

i would love a midair accuracy buff across the board but that will probably never happen

Pretty disappointed in the patch notes, was hoping for bigger changes to existing exotics