• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FantasticMrSnake

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this come from a rogue Capcom employee or something.

I wish Every company removes denuvo after a month out..

Oct 25, 2017
Nevermind my Vivaldi was just set too strict; connected to the Steam console no prob via a different browser. The download worked fine and I replaced the .exe - seems like my 2500K @ 4,6GHz is indeed performing better without Denuvo outta there. Fuck this trash, especially in a game like this. Shame on you, Capcom.

Bluelote

Oct 27, 2017
you would need more testing, (like looking for bad CPU load spots) to really conclude how big the performance hit is,
also using a slower CPU would help

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Why they are still using Denovo when the thing gets cracked the launch day. It's not even helping the launch day sales anymore (their famous excuse) and have a big impact on performance.

Bluelote

Oct 27, 2017
Skimmed it and it looks like 7% is a more representative number. Even so, ANY performance hit is too much for paying consumers. If I lose even 1 Fps to DRM it's too goddamn much.

well, if he uses a normal resolution on that PC it's probably 0%
while if someone used a slower CPU and maybe a different spot in the game they might have actually seen 20%.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
If we didnt have Digital Foundry around to cover PC performance and settings this industry would be in the dumps.

Cant fucking believe the posts im reading defending denuvo.

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are stans for everything man, even for DRM.

While I'm sure this is true to some extent I've always assumed that a lot of it is just devil's advocacy for the idea that if some publishers are going to skip PC entirely without a proper (or at least an illusion of a proper) DRM solution to prevent piracy. I'm not sure I agree with that analysis, but I can kind of understand that more than a perspective of "drm is important otherwise literally every potential buyer will just pirate the game."

Last edited:

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
See this is why we can't have nice things

You PC gamers are the vilest pirates I ever seen in the history of piracy, both irl and online

Game of thrones and the walking dead pirates aren't this bad, at least they have honor , pride and dedication

You guys should be ashamed and Valve/Steam should be ashamed to conspire against such a glorious company such as Capcom, creators of the legendary title devil may cry 2, Breath of Fire VI, and Umbrella Corps.

Now because y'all pirates, jawmuncher will never get to experience Dino crisis remake or the 4th game that will become "Dino May Roar"

So disgusted with this behavior, at least console only fans have the dignity to buy our games

/s

Last edited:

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
While I'm sure this is true to some extent I've always assumed that a lot of it is just devil's advocacy for the idea that if some publishers are going to skip PC entirely without a proper (or at least an illusion of a proper) DRM solution to prevent piracy they might just skip a PC release entirely. I'm not sure I agree with that analysis, but I can kind of understand that more than a perspective of "drm is important otherwise literally every potential buyer will just pirate the game."
It would be a whole lot easier to stomach the situation if the people defending Denuvo would take that position. But the cycle always seems to always start out with flat out denial that Denuvo impacts performance, then anyone who tests it get their credibility questioned, then it's minimizing the impact of the performance hit, then it's just "you just don't like DRM because you want to pirate" type of implications start flying.
Overlord Gaming has a few videos testing Denuvo games before and after their removal, I hope he managed to hear about this whole situation and managed to grab the Denuvo free build to test out.

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
But Denuvo doesn't affect games and anyone wanting it removed is a pirate or brigand.

Mercuryvoid

Nov 1, 2017
Fellas, I am having a crash when using the non denuvo exe, in the start screen, anyone has this issue and maybe the solution for it?

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Most denuvo games are cracked nowadays and lots of companies (like Square-Enix) don't bother to remove it.

This is what annoys me, Ill buy their shit of they have to protect the first weeks of sales.

I understand that..but fucking lord, after like 6 months, delete denuvo from ur games, ur only damaging legit buyers.
At that point who wanted to download it, they already did or if they are going to pirate they not going to buy their game, and who wants to buy it, gets fucked.

Its like fuck the pirates, even if by that way u have to fk legit buyers...total no sense.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
We need more evidences like this. Perhaps with enough evidence, someone can sue Denuvo and/or the publishers for breaching consumer protection laws or something.

MegaMix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I followed the instruction but it doesn't work. :(

Says it can't find the file or something similar.

wonzo

Oct 25, 2017
wish someone would leak this for something like ac origins as that game still runs like shit thanks to its awful double wammy of drm

Deleted member 7948

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Skimmed it and it looks like 7% is a more representative number. Even so, ANY performance hit is too much for paying consumers. If I lose even 1 Fps to DRM it's too goddamn much.
It's 7% if you playing at 480p.

In a real case scenario, they "noted no difference in performance whatsoever." Just like a user here on Resetera had found out.

Bluelote

Oct 27, 2017
It's 7% if you playing at 480p.

In a real case scenario, they "noted no difference in performance whatsoever." Just like a user here on Resetera had found out.

with their CPU/GPU combo with their testing scene, doesn't mean that with a different combination (slower CPU, faster GPU, heavier CPU bound scene) it couldn't appear, the fact is that they managed to find a difference, meaning the code without Denuvo can be observed to run faster.

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It would be a whole lot easier to stomach the situation if the people defending Denuvo would take that position. But the cycle always seems to always start out with flat out denial that Denuvo impacts performance, then anyone who tests it get their credibility questioned, then it's minimizing the impact of the performance hit, then it's just "you just don't like DRM because you want to pirate" type of implications start flying.
Overlord Gaming has a few videos testing Denuvo games before and after their removal, I hope he managed to hear about this whole situation and managed to grab the Denuvo free build to test out.

we usually also get the "it's the developer's fault for poor implementation" excuse even though basically every testable example we have shows it causes performance loss

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
It's sad to think Intel CPU's are running around 10% slower because of the meltdown bug fix & Denuvo DRM, all that performance lost for no reason. Skylake is soon gonna perform like a 2011 Sandy Bridge lol.

Bluelote

Oct 27, 2017
It's sad to think Intel CPU's are running around 10% slower because of the meltdown bug fix & Denuvo DRM, all that performance lost for no reason. Skylake's advantage over Sandy Bridge is being slowly taken away lol.

for gaming the hit of that should be lower, also for the CPUs older than Skylake the next windows 10 version is going to have a different method to mitigate Spectre that is faster than the current one.

also you can disable those fixes with a reboot and get the full performance if you want, but it's not recommended
also they exist to make the system safer for the benefit of the user, unlike Denuvo.

Last edited:

plast

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised, wouldn't be the first time. But of course, to the Denuvo defense force, this case won't count either. I saw several people on the Steam forums defending it by saying "olololololol it's your own fault for being too poor to have a high-end system, it runs great for me!!!111"

Cube001

Dec 7, 2017
I play on a 2080 ti, and the game is already locked at @4K60fps so I didn't expect any improvement but I was curious. So I turned off vsync and tried it, and there is a slight increase in fps but it was already above 100fps (M05), however, I noticed a few hitches that would suddenly drop my fps to the 30s for less than a sec (mostly during combat), and during the boss fight I got a "fatal error" saying Devil May Cry 5.exe has crashed, whether it was because the of the leaked .exe or not I'm not sure, but if the game runs fine for you I don't see the need to use the leaked .exe file.

Edit: So I reverted to the original .exe and I still got the same crash during the boss fight, I suspect it's due to my GPU being overclocked as this was a thing in RE2 as well.

Last edited: