• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Sure but it means they have 2 targets not focused on next gen. Screw that shit.

Now if at the end it comes out the PS5 versions have more benefits and utilize the PS5 hardware, i won't be as disappointed but its sucks. Sony has to focus on next gen from here on out.

Won't surprise me if there are cross-gen PS4/PS5 titles until 2022.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't Demon Souls owned by Sony? Why should they release it on other consoles?

Oct 27, 2017
Where are the typos? I just looked in the OP and didn't see them.

I don't think it's "Safet to say it was a mistake" at this point. Sony has already announced multiple cross gen games and gone back on saying they wouldn't do them to begin with. This is OFFICIALLY from Sony. So I don't see anything safe about calling it a mistake.

It's safer at this point to say it's coming to PC and PS4 (and maybe other consoles?) until Sony comes out and clarifies. They need to at this point.
iSKlXup.png

The whole "Not available on other consoles for a limited time" quote doesn't fit. For one, they announced every game coming on PS4, the second is they own the IP and wouldn't put it out on other consoles.

The fact they removed the trailer and are not mentioning it anywhere while other games including Horizon were announced for PS4 tells me this was a mistake while editing the trailer.

Maybe it is not but so far I can't see anything supporting it being intentional.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
It's clearly a copy paste error. The only real question is if its coming to PC. It's definitely not coming to Xbox.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I need clarification. If it's coming to PC day and date I'm buying a 3080 tomorrow. If not... I'll buy a PS5. I need someone to clarify.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The text in the trailer uploaded today was unique to it and not like any of the other trailers from today, including games that are coming to PC or other platforms. So someone specifically wrote that text just for that trailer. If the text gets removed when the trailer goes up I'm going with the fact that it's eventually coming to PC they just don't want to reveal it at this time.

Are you kidding? There was an entire period of over a year where they could never mention PC. The only morsel people had was them saying it once when the game revealed and then they never talked about it again up until the PC publisher revealed it two weeks before the game came out. That is in line with other Sony gag orders on PC versions that have been confirmed like Nier Automata's and Nioh.
The text is a template for other games. Just because they didn't use it for any other game shown, doesn't make it that it was made specifically for DeS.

digi_era

Jul 21, 2020
Why Sony did not clarify this already? I seriously don't get it, if this is a misinformation it is already circulating since one and half hours due to their mistake, they really should've clarify it already...

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
Soooooo.... My PS5 purchase literally hinges on this...

Now that I look at the image in the OP it makes no sense at all.

"PlayStation Exclusive! Except it comes to PC and other consoles" so they mean not exclusive at all? Wtf?

Similar contradictory things were said at the end with the FF trailer. Sony needs to be more clear with their announcements.

sythyx

Jun 9, 2018
I need clarification. If it's coming to PC day and date I'm buying a 3080 tomorrow. If not... I'll buy a PS5. I need someone to clarify.
Everything points to it being an error

Since Horizon came to PC it's not impossible for a first party sony game to come to pc, but it''ll take years, they know this is a system seller

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Likely just a template they use that got added to the wrong video. Wouldn't be hard to make that type of mistake.
You think this trailer wasn't looked at hundreds of times by various executives and staff? Genuinely?

Making it sound like a slip of the finger from a clueless intern is genuinely bonkers.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
iSKlXup.png

The whole "Not available on other consoles for a limited time" quote doesn't fit. For one, they announced every game coming on PS4, the second is they own the IP and wouldn't put it out on other consoles.

The fact they removed the trailer and are not mentioning it anywhere while other games including Horizon were announced for PS4 tells me this was a mistake while editing the trailer.

Maybe it is not but so far I can't see anything supporting it being intentional.
Okay, so there weren't typos? You just don't like the language they used?

I was thinking, maybe the language is different because it's also coming to Xbox as well? Is it possible?

The language is similar to the FF XVI language...

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
i couldnt think of a worse thing to do than tease people who have been baying for bloodborne on pc for several years now with a sudden demon's souls pc release announcement, then to pull it mere hours later with no word why.

this is super hilarious.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
So which part are they removing from the trailer then? The "other consoles" bit or the "Also coming to PC" bit?

Or... both? Yikes.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I imagine there's a zoom call going on at Sony right now, trying to nail down what words to put in this new trailer version.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
It's seemingly a mistake or not but do mods have to take over threads and insert their opinion for everyone? Or is this OP request? This after the FFXVI rumor thread where a mod inserted something really stupid where OP did not request a change.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like a mistake, which is a shame, since it looked like the PS5 could only do 30FPS in that game, and it's really rough to go back to 30FPS on a Souls game after being accustomed to 60+ in the titles for years.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You think this trailer wasn't looked at hundreds of times by various executives and staff? Genuinely?

Making it sound like a slip of the finger from a clueless intern is genuinely bonkers.
You act like things never end with mistakes. Shit happens all the time.

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so there weren't typos? You just don't like the language they used?

I was thinking, maybe the language is different because it's also coming to Xbox as well? Is it possible?

The language is similar to the FF XVI language...
The language used is the typo

Like just think about it logically from a business standpoint. Would you release your games on a rival platform? I know I wouldn't. Not only that but if you are fine with confirming your other games are coming to PS4 then why would you skip over one of the biggest games after Spider Man?

It doesn't make any sense.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
It's seemingly a mistake or not but do mods have to take over threads and insert their opinion for everyone? Or is this OP request? This after the FFXVI rumor thread where a mod inserted something really stupid.
It's to make sure that people are aware of the change (trailer being taken down), as for people to not jump to conclusion based off the title.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France

Rex1157

Banned
Nov 22, 2017

There's a reason they took the video down. That splash screen at the end doesn't jive with what we know about the game. It makes it seem like it's a third party timed exclusive when a first party dev is heavily involved with it. It looks like something they would put at the end of a game like Little Devil Inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.