• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Moore explained: "We did two different modes in the game: cinematic mode which is a native 4K, which looks stunning, at 30 frames per second; and performance mode, so you can play a dynamic 4K at 60 frames per second. That is going to give you smoother animation is going to give you a little of that edge [in combat]."
www.polygon.com

Demon’s Souls on PS5: Here’s what’s changing

New details on photo mode, multiplayer, World Tendency, and more

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be living the 60 life. No visuals are worth a significantly worse experience.

qatak

Oct 27, 2017
I'll give both a shot but will likely use 60fps for my first play through.

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
MOD EDIT: This is clearly sarcasm. Please stop reporting it.

A remake of a PS3 game should be 4k 120 fps easy
I guess RDN1.5 GPU really is holding things back for PS5

Last edited by a moderator:

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Will the difference be res only or is raytracing also affected? Wish someone asked them about that.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
It looks amazing at 60fps and the best showcase of a true next-gen game already. Kind of nuts to think there's a mode that looks even better.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
the demo trailer awhile back was probably performance mode and that still looks good.

given DF comment about resolution and fps.

Chamon

Feb 26, 2019
Can somebody write here some bulletpoints of the article please? I really don't want to give Polygon a click...

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Can somebody write here some bulletpoints of the article please? I really don't want to give Polygon a click...
GameInformer with a great interview.

Camera options are in
4K/30fps is called Cinematic
Performance mode is "dynamic" 4K at 60fps
Old Monk fight remains unchanged
Loading times are insane, virtually no load times
Multiplayer is 6 people now
They did discuss doing the sixth Archstone - decided against it as they didn't feel it was their right
Fractured Mode is Mirror Mode
Photo Mode is in. Disabled if you're invaded
Boletaria was the most challenging to rebuild as well as Valley of Defilement

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
Was RT ever confirmed for this, if so do we know to what capacity? I'll be playing the 60fps mode regardless, still looks incredible.

Inti

Nov 20, 2017
Playing this on 60fps is going to be sweet. That next gen hype really going into overdrive this week.