Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Giyuu Tomioka!

Votes: 22 3.9%
  • Shinobu

Votes: 23 4.1%

• Total voters

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Im still waiting for the mohawk kid to appear, im interested in him. He is in the opening so he must be appearing at some point before the season end, but it's cutting it close.

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
Episode 24 was very good, Shinobu's backstory was also good, now I can see why Blackleg-sanji1 likes her so much.
Also, was the beginning with the fire Hashira some kind of foreshadowing for the next arc? Hmmmm....

I do wonder how the other 2 will keep up with Tanjiro's training.

If I were a betting man, I would guess that the next episode is going to deal with Inosuke's depression and maaaybe flesh him out a bit.
(now that I think about it, he did mention fighting with a girl... Flashback incoming?)

As for Zenitsu, I don't have a clue where his character is heading to (at least he did shine in this episode).

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
I wish the non manga readers could see the next few arcs animated without the wait of a new season being developed

sigh

it all only gets better...so much more so. cannot imagine how hype things will get if this show ever reaches season 3

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the non manga readers could see the next few arcs animated without the wait of a new season being developed

sigh

it all only gets better...so much more so. cannot imagine how hype things will get if this show ever reaches season 3
If Shield Hero can get a Season 2 and 3 greenlit I'd like to think this more popular show could get more seasons in. But then again I should never be surprised at the business decisions of anime companies sometimes.

Do we know who is even financing this show? Is it all coming out of Ufotable's pocketbooks?

Oct 25, 2017

sigh

The wait for those seasons is so brutal hope it happens and under the sameness studio. Kimetsu no yaiba really gets moving after this can't wait to see ppls reactions

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
2 episodes left :(

Oh well, it's not like season 2 will be revealed in the last minutes of episode 26!

Believe!

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
cvr5eTe.png

BoldValidGalapagosmockingbird-size_restricted.gif

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If Shield Hero can get a Season 2 and 3 greenlit I'd like to think this more popular show could get more seasons in. But then again I should never be surprised at the business decisions of anime companies sometimes.

Do we know who is even financing this show? Is it all coming out of Ufotable's pocketbooks?

I think that, in addition to its success, Shield Hero easily getting seasons 2 and even 3 confirmed has to do with Crunchyroll being heavily involved. I hear most of the time, anime adaptations are green-lit to boost sales of the original work and that's why so many incomplete adaptations exist but Crunchyroll, being a streaming service, benefit more from successive seasons than the average production committee member. So Shield Hero's case isn't really comparable to most other shows. (The only recent show I can think of in a similar boat is Dr. Stone, which even has a big CR logo at the start of every ep and may get more seasons for the same reason).

But still...I wouldn't worry too much regarding this getting more seasons.
As for who is financing this, I assume Aniplex (licensor), Shueisha (publisher of Shonen Jump) and then whatever TV station this is airing on and whatever music company the OP/ED artists are signed under. I am by no means an expert on anime production committees but this seems to be the way these things go nowadays.
(I was gonna tag a person who I knew was an expert on this to be sure but it seems they deleted their account a while ago)

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Predictions:

I think Shinobu is gonna have a fight with one of the 12 Kizuki, die, the be replaced by Kanao. She's probably finally gonna get serious in her last fight.

Once Zenitsu learns the constant breathing technique, he'll be able to use his powers when he's awake.

The blonde/red haired Hashira will probably be killed later. I don't know why I just get a death vibe from him.

I thought the episode was fun and a good reminder of how funny the three boys can be when they're playing off each other. Zenitsu was hilarious in this episode. I look forward to seeing Tanjiro and Inosuke get new swords.

zelig

Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Zenitsu was hilarious, had me laughing out loud for real.

This anime is now worthy on being mentioned in lime with Naruto, One Piece and Bleach. It was a bit weaker after the strong beginning, but ever since the gravity-changing house, it has been pure fun and excitement. Really hope we get more seasons.

The blonde/red haired Hashira will probably be killed later. I don't know why I just get a death vibe from him.

Agreed. Had me think of Jiraiya, you know, the strong, seasoned, confident guy going to battle, everyone expecting him to win ... except he loses. Ugh.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Though some of the dialogue was pretty eww, admittedly 'd be lying if I didn't say that that was the first time in a long time Zenitsu was actually hilarious to me.

The glimpse into Shinbou's flashback was great too. But seriously, what is Kanao's deal...

Also I lol'd at her being this untouchable reflex master while remembering that she wasn't able to catch Nezuko in that one episode.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I'm learning that are definitely things you should not Google.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Also I lol'd at her being this untouchable reflex master while remembering that she wasn't able to catch Nezuko in that one episode.

You underestimate "dont touch me" Nezuko.
Aging/De-Aging constantly and focusing only on not being hit and Nezuko is actually the fastest character in the series.
Imagine if you could propel your 5 year old body with the strength of your peak 25-30 year old body. Scratch that....with your peak body after being enhanced by demon powers.

Nezukos aging/de-aging ability is actually hella strong.

Once Tanjiro stops trying to constantly protect her and actually let her fight im sure she'll be a formidable Demon Slayer.
I already rank her higher than Tanjiro......he should be supporting her and episodes should be filled with nothing but her inner monologues.

What does Demon Nezuko really think about when she watches Zenitsu and Inosuke?

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno why but I'm the type who rather just wait for the anime. I think it's more fun to guess what's gonna happen each week instead running through the entire series in a week.

if you can wait, just wait

there are upcoming moments (you know, like episode 19) that will just make you go DSAMFDSKFSLFNSDFklnVFDg hhdfngldfn!@#@!

like...if you thought spider mountain arc was amazing...you ain't seen shit yet :)

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone read it so B-Leg got nothing to look forward to next season

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
If u can hold out def wait. Def wanna see some fresh reactions next season
if you can wait, just wait

there are upcoming moments (you know, like episode 19) that will just make you go DSAMFDSKFSLFNSDFklnVFDg hhdfngldfn!@#@!

like...if you thought spider mountain arc was amazing...you ain't seen shit yet :)
Look if I could wait for Season 3 Part 2 of Attack on Titan I can wait for anything. Spider Mountain was already an A+ anime arc. Manga readers enjoy all the dumb guesses and assumptions in the in future. I'm starting to have fun trying to guess shit even if I'm probably super wrong.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally watched this episode and Zenitsu continues to be a weak link on relatively light hearted episodes. I don't know if the author eventually learned moderation with him or his character evolves to a point he's not quite this zero chill all the time. It's especially off putting because there's other comedy in this episode itself and nothing else is quite as obnoxious and loud. The straight man comedy works when the person doing the loud reactions is the straight man, not the one saying ridiculous things. Gintama has it pat, this doesn't.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno why but I'm the type who rather just wait for the anime. I think it's more fun to guess what's gonna happen each week instead running through the entire series in a week.
if you have the patience and don't tend to read the source material of adaptations, go for it. I've read enough adaptations of books/manga that reading the source and seeing how the adaptation differs or does certain scenes is a treat in itself even if the element of surprise is gone the enjoyment comes from different areas.

With this anime in particular Ufotable has knocked it out of the park. Notice how so far the favorite episode of most people is episode 19 and that's entirely something dealing with the adaptation. The music, the direction, the voice acting, the animation and special effects everything was on point and that is something you won't really get with a manga. If I had read that in the manga previously I would have been blown away over how they managed to do so much with it.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Zenitsu is able to go full Odin Force again soon 'cus he's powers were maybe the most badass of them all. I'm sure it'll be teased out here and there for a long ass time, though.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Watching right now.

"...as long as you're going, Rengoku, there's nothing to worry about."
"Be careful."

fMyCuCg.gif

Fuck. He's gonne die, isn't he?

I may have possibly seen a few tweets about Rengoku that I didn't really read but glanced enough to get an idea of what the user felt in the tweet and... aside from the obvious death flags in the above scene, those tweets made me think he's gonna die. Plus, Tanjiro's got some fire breathing techniques too, so... Tanjiro as the future Fire Pillar?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Zenitsu use his breathing techniques without sleeping or almost dying and it's to punch inosuke and touch girls

Shinobo:
images