• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017
She won a couple of Florida satellite caucuses and because of that people are posting are re-heating a bunch of old Jeb! memes for her.

Old!
JbFs129_d.jpg

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Saw some rumblings on Twitter that Biden may have faltered here, but can't find a good source. Is there any truth to it?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Saw some rumblings on Twitter that Biden may have faltered here, but can't find a good source. Is there any truth to it?
Literally nothing has happened yet. Pretty much all the caucuses open at 6:30 and the satellite ones that have started are too small in number to get anything worthwhile from

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Literally nothing has happened yet. The caucuses open at 6:30 and the satellite ones that have started are too small in number to get anything worthwhile from

Thanks for the info! I will admit that I don't quite understand caucases in the way I do other elections, so I was a bit confused.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
538 confirms the scrapped poll

edit: beaten

If you're the sort of person who was glued to political Twitter on Saturday night — and God help you if you are — you would have seen a mass freak-out when it was announced that that the Des Moines Register would not release the much-anticipated final version of its Iowa Poll (conducted in conjunction with CNN and Selzer & Co.). The Buttigieg campaign got word that at least one survey respondent had been read an incomplete questionnaire that did not include Buttigieg's name. "While this appears to be isolated to one surveyor, that could not be confirmed with certainty," the executive editor of the paper wrote, and acting with an abundance of caution, they declined to release the poll at all.​

Nevertheless, a tweet made the rounds that night purporting to give the poll's results, and after doing some reporting around this, FiveThirtyEight can confirm that it contains the correct final findings of the unreleased Iowa poll: Sanders 22 percent, Warren 18 percent, Buttigieg 16 percent, Biden 13 percent. Imagine the news cycle that would have been, with national front-runner Biden making such a poor showing in the last, highest-profile poll before the caucuses.​

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not that it matters much anymore (and the results are very likely compromised), buuuut...

I really doubt the results were compromised enough to actually effect the results - there are enough safeguards in place from a reputable pollster that even if there was someone skipping Buttigieg, or whatever, it wouldn't be a huge factor.

That's a TRAGIC figure for Joe, and puts me in an optimistic mood.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Can Biden seriously survive if something like him placing fifth in Iowa and fourth in NH happens?

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Something oddly poetic seeing Warren's huge sign up with balloons when Bloomberg has a sign on some copy paper held up with painter's tape.

Holmes

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
People in line at some caucus locations saying they are paying attention to the satellite caucus results. They can have some influence tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.