• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
They still blame Russia? Maybe, just maybe people didn't vote because they care more about universal health care than about Hillary's emails.

Hillary was a weak candidate. Lots of people were saying it before the election:

And Trump has beaten all other Republican candidates. Was this also Russia's fault? Perhaps Obama was right at 22:42.

I mean Russia actually had an influence on the election. A foreign power. Like damn near every institution knows this. There's evidence of this. Anyone downplaying the Russian involvement is living under a rock.

Hell the same institutions are saying they are going to try and influence the midterms. The White House and the GOP for that matter refuse to take it seriously.

I'm not saying Russia is the sole reason, but to downplay what they continue to do is letting them off the hook.

Oct 27, 2017
The downside for the Democrats is that something bad is discovered about a Democrat that some portion of the population already doesn't like, and maybe more food recipes. It's worth a shot.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
See the democrats have a problem, they have a desperate need to make sense and make sure things they write work the way they mean to. And that is what slows them down alot of the time.

You know it's all backwards when folk push aside actual political wins and instead clamor for lip service.

Not to mention what you want does nothing considering the 24/7 media attention over every single thing this administration does.... Like a special counsel investigation.

Also the gop can do that because that's what their base responds to.

The Democrats need more Ted Lieus. Someone unafraid to hit back against the GOP and their allies. Simply ignoring them doesn't work.

Oct 25, 2017
The Democrats need more Ted Lieus. Someone unafraid to hit back against the GOP and their allies. Simply ignoring them doesn't work.

Someone needs to find a way to transfer the brain of 1964 LBJ into millions of modern Americans.

Just millions of unapologetic progressives willing to use every trick in the book to get progressive agendas passed.

Jack Remington

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They still blame Russia? Maybe, just maybe people didn't vote because they care more about universal health care than about Hillary's emails.

Hillary was a weak candidate. Lots of people were saying it before the election:

Almost anyone would have become a "weak candidate" if subjected to the same degree of fuckery she was subjected to. Prior to the massive disinformation and character assassination campaign from all sides, she was one of the most formidable candidates ever seen.

What was done in 2016 has to be called out. The same playbook will come out again in 2020 if we let it.

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
I guess they don't have much faith in the Mueller investigation. Wouldn't it make more sense to sue for damages after Mueller proves his case?

I think that this case is a sort of dead-man's handle for Mueller.

Being as there's already an active criminal investigation, then probably this case would be stayed pending the outcome of any criminal litigation. But, if the Mueller investigation gets shut down, then you've got a case ready and waiting to go, and a court that is able to order the preservation and production of evidence.

And also it's a threat to anyone seeking to shut down Mueller, that if they do they face the exact same allegations, but weighed to the lower (civil) standard of proof.

Of course, I may be talking bollocks here, so I'd welcome the input of some real US lawyer like Jag for example.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The Republicans will spin this as crybaby sore losers.
The public will accept that narrative.
The Democrats will gaze at their shoes.

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit. I completely forgot: this allows the Democrats to have discovery, if they're allowed to proceed.
The DNC will squeeze the truth out of the defendant's by using discovery requests, subpoenas, and other motions to force the truth to come to light.

You're also forcing the Trump campaign to defend not only a criminal investigation, but also an extremely litigious armada firing shots across the bow from the civil docket, forcing them to split their resources, at a time where they need every lawyer they can get.

And if, somehow, the Civili suit uncovers criminal activity that investigators missed, THEN that evidence gets turned over to whomever has jurisdiction, be it NY State or the SDNY.

Absolutely brilliant move by Perez here. And the timing couldn't be more perfect.

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of which let's see what Kyle has to say......

"No it was the Democrats who colluded against Bernie."

How is this dude so freaking confident that DNC rigged the primary against Bernie Sanders but still somehow still thinks that the Russia investigation is a big conspiracy. Never liked this guy in the first place. He comes off as a self-assured, smug and overconfident asshole.

Back on topic, this is great news. This only builds the pressure on Trump.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get the feeling people aren't really quantifying the amount of key votes by which Hillary actually lost. It's tiny, and to claim Russian influence couldn't have contributed to it is foolish. We may never know how many votes it actually effected but to simply deny it could have makes no sense given the margin we're working with.

Oct 25, 2017
I get the feeling people aren't really quantifying the amount of key votes by which Hillary actually lost. It's tiny, and to claim Russian influence couldn't have contributed to it is foolish. We may never know how many votes it actually effected but to simply deny it could have makes no sense given the margin we're working with.

To be fair, by that same logic we can ALSO say that Hillary's/Democrats' own screw ups contributed as well.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course - when the margins are tiny, literally everything mattered.

But people are bad.

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
User Warned: Pattern of disingenuous commentary
This is laughably, demonstrably untrue. The only way you can say this is if you literally don't know what you're talking about.
I'm very sure that the coverage of Fox News about Obama had a much bigger impact on voters than some Russian bots on social media.

Also don't forget that Republican party was in power when the Soviet Union fell apart and that the relationship between the USA and Russia was better when Bill Clinton was in power than when Bush Junior was in power. Putin was against the Iraq war.

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

They also penetrated voting registration systems.

I look at the denials as either woefully ignorant or suspicious at this point.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really understand the timing of this unless they have been given a heads up re: what Mueller has and that will be found in Discovery, ensuring that it sees the light of day somehow.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
The dems are making a big mistake with this, it will backfire spectacularly. Better to wait for Mueller to finish his investigation.

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
The burden of proof is in the Mueller report.

They filed this lawsuit now knowing Mueller is almost done with his report regarding collusion.
The obstruction part of his investigation is almost done. Mueller's report was estimated for May, or possibly earlier with no POTUS interview.

Haven't heard anything about the collusion part also ending soon -- outside of Giuliani's wishful thinking that is. Did that change?