Feb 15, 2023
I was more a Joint Operations man back in the day. But phew seeing that title gave me some whiplash.

Amazing it's still going, is Novalogic still a thing???

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
The memories...

1_1.jpg

I played the tutorial/boot camp so many times, spend more time there then the actual missions!

swsp

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmmmm. In the video the logos of Infinite Level and Timi Game Studio appear. Maybe Tencent bought Delta Force IP rights from THQ?
NovaLogic lost the lawsuit with Activision in 2012 over using the Delta Force name in games. It's possible that this has absolutely nothing to do with the old NovaLogic IP, but I'd have to go back and read the exact details of the case.

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
I'm a bit sad a missed the boat on Delta Force the first time round and only played a bit as it'd already tailed off but a couple of my friends who were a bit older than me were die hard fans and played it religiously.

Nov 3, 2017
God, seeing the logo hit hard. I played Delta Force 1 and 2 for a thousand hours and change.
Single Player.
It got to point that I would metagame with knives as long as possible etc.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Official upload:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SWMqANp8T0

Social media accounts:
Can't figure out whether the title is supposed to be Delta Force or Delta Force: Hawk Ops. Logo says former, but many of the social media descriptions and titles says the latter. Even the "Privacy Policy" page on the official website says Delta Force: Hawk Ops. The newsletter sign-up also says it.

Edit: It's Hawk Ops.

View: https://twitter.com/Calisker/status/1692560941773131880

Last edited:

CandySTX

Mar 17, 2018
Scotland
Ooh, Delta Force.

"Recon arrow out!"
"Powering up! Let's do this!"

Huh... 🤔

Edit: Oh, it's going to be a F2P multiplayer thing, right? Knew the first ten seconds were too good to be true.

swsp

Oct 27, 2017
The official YouTube channel specifically mentions that it's going to be free to play.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
At what point did the series kind of fall off? I think I remember playing a bit post-Land Warrior but I don't know when it peaked.
The thing with Delta Force was always the vast open areas and that to me peaked with Delta Force 2. Reviews started tapering off by then already seeing repetition from the first game, then Land Warrior looked really dated on release. The "Extreme" releases mostly introduce action elements such as vehicles but I've never put much time into them.

Some people really like Black Hawk Down but I never played that beyond the demo, it did some things well like release at a good time and it had some tactical elements such as flashbangs but it was also rough, I didn't think it lived up the the Delta Force name with the close quarters combat. Maybe it was popular because it was low spec, I don't know!

I would say that the series hasn't really been well regarded since Delta Force 2. More of a budget franchise.

ChuckXL

Banned
May 3, 2018
There were always so many Delta Force games in the dump bin at my local Comp USA... looking forward to seeing what this is.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
I see just try to get the older crowd with the name and then "Surprise! Its just another fuckin cod clone!" Lets see how this shakes out. I hope I'm wrong

Yuri P

Oct 28, 2017
Fascinating. TiMi Studio Group is responsible for Call of Duty Mobile and I wouldn't be surprised if this is what they're moving to since Activision admitted that COD Mobile will be "phased out over time" after the release of Warzone Mobile. Simultaneous launch on Mobile/Console/PC is very smart too, a lot of COD fans wanted to play Mobile on other devices.
I would also love to know who owns the Delta Force IP. Maybe Embracer? The Twitter account has the old Delta Force logo so this is definitely not something new. Also it's kind of amazing that both Comanche and Delta Force came back during Gamescom lol

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
If I'm not on one life in the long grass or snow, it's not delta force.

Sniping in multiplayer then getting killed from across the map, spending 15mins making a stealthy approach to knife the fucker 😁

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
THIS is an IP Sony should have tried to nab if they were going to eventually lose COD...

But DAMMIT keep the old style of feel and gameplay...not this shit. Da fuck is powering up shit???

Anyway there is a reason my Steam account AV has been this for God knows how many years..

images.php

Nothing but wonderful memories of Delta Force 1 and 2. ❤️

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Actually never mind. In this article they said this will have large scale pvp and campaign modes https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/tencent-is-bringing-back-military-fps-series-delta-force/

"Players will be able to experience authentic and thrilling battles from the celebrated movie," he said. "Our team has extensively studied the movie and delved into the historical context respectfully. This dedicated research enabled us to recreate a truly authentic and immersive gaming experience that captures the essence of that monumental event."

good-luck-congrats.gif

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
Am I right in remembering this as the series where you'd spend ages creeping around picking people off and trying not to get shot from miles away by the one bloke you didn't see?

I think I only played Delta Force 2

Akoi

Oct 25, 2017
WA
This sadly looks like it's 100% lost the spirit of the originals... recon arrow? TF?

SpoonSpatula

Oct 27, 2017
The moment I saw the bow and arrow is the moment the trailer lost me. It's just using the Delta Force name.
Haha, that and the special ability afterwards which gave the player a speed boost. The "Look how they massacred my boy" gif immediately popped into my head.

Damn, I spent so, so many hours playing Delta Force 1 at internet cafes, and DF Black Hawk Down at home. Such good games.

Ixian

Nov 25, 2018
Trailer makes it immediately obvious that this has nothing in common with the original Delta Force games.

Iggy1404

Feb 12, 2020
Fucking hell, as soon as I saw the announcement, my mind screamed: VOXELS!!!

Funny how that's what I remember about the game the most.

Xyber

Oct 27, 2017
That short teaser looks more like Battlefield than Battlefield does atm, the latter half at least.

Cryoteck

Nov 2, 2017
Haha, that and the special ability afterwards which gave the player a speed boost. The "Look how they massacred my boy" gif immediately popped into my head.

Damn, I spent so, so many hours playing Delta Force 1 at internet cafes, and DF Black Hawk Down at home. Such good games.
Everything after that bow and arrow moment was worse than the last.

Alice_F

Jun 23, 2023
I still have some delta force cd Roms kickin around somewhere . Loved everything about the game except the ones that didn't show your guns on screen just the crosshairs

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
It's weird because Novalogic already had their own Battlefield-esque large scale MP game called Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFrrF7H_Svg
It could have up to 150 players per server, so it was way ahead of its time in that sense.

THATS the one I played a shit ton of!
It made me go insane when newer games would talk about their "huge battles with SO many players" and I was all "but wtf I already played a game with MORE players YEARS AGO"

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
Yesssss. Black Hawk Down was awesome. So many good memories. Gimme them vowels.

I hope they can produce something good enough to grab some attention. Just let me go prone and roll sideways and I'm in.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Nostalgia like crazy

First MP game I can remember really getting into. Played the crap out of Delta Force for multiple summers at a friends house on 56k.

Please no freaking regenerating health or similar "modern" run and gun focus. We already ahve Xdefiant, CoD etc for that.

I really want a Joint Operations/Battlefield 2 style experience to fill that in AAA wise.
It's weird because Novalogic already had their own Battlefield-esque large scale MP game called Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFrrF7H_Svg
It could have up to 150 players per server, so it was way ahead of its time in that sense.

God I remember playing that, hopefully this is like that on a similar scale.

"128 players doesn't work..." then don't make a Run and gun health regen shooter. Why would one have large teams with regen health?
Wonder if any old novalogic devs are on it. Looks a lot more like COD/Battlefield though
Well Delta Force/Joint Operations played more like pre-BC2/BF3 Battlefield arguably :v. Which I absolutely hope this game does because I don't want the whole "let's chase a bunch of CoD Streamers who'll not play the game a week later!".

MegaApple

Jun 20, 2020
India
Look nothing like Classic DF or BHD DF onwards.

Classic DF had a great single-player feature called "QUICK MISSION" , just a bunch of missions (outside of campaign) that last about 30-60 mins.
It was a great refresher and (for busy folks) some quick fun.
Vietcong expanded it by allowing players to set parameters.

It should make a comback.

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
Ahh Delta Force, that takes me back. Lets see hete....

"POWERING UP! LETS DO THIS"

...nevermind.