• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
lol, joe biden sounds exactly the same then as he does now

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I knew I used to watch the show all the time as a kid and liked the games, but this really reminded me how much I was into the franchise. I had the board game, I watched the Saturday morning cartoon, and I even wrote in on a postcard with the answers for a chance in a prize pool.

The production of the show was pretty impressive, especially for how well they captured the vibe of the games. 90's kids game shows were so much fun.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
watched this a ton when i was 6. then we'd go to gymnastics or karate.

Jul 1, 2020
I have severely underestimated how much of this show was burned into my brain. I watched a lot of this as a kid and also thought the disclaimer at the end was a bit strange but now understand why it was there. Defunctland doing great work as usual.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I forgot how fucking fun and charming this show was. We used to watch this in school sometimes and I would cringe because I sucked.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
I loved this show so much. Actually went to a few Rockapella shows and got albums because we loved them so much from this.

...and I can still sing most of the song. (Not something to be proud of, haha)

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I loved this show so much. Actually went to a few Rockapella shows and got albums because we loved them so much from this.

...and I can still sing most of the song. (Not something to be proud of, haha)

One of the best, and most distinctive, aspects of the show was how they incorporated Rockapella into every single facet of it. Everyone knows the theme, but I had forgotten that they did everything else from the background music when they'd intro the kids, to the Final Jeopardy-esque song ("How much ya gonna risk?") etc. Hearing "The warrant" again brought back some memories lol

transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017
I still sing this on a pretty regular basis

Chicago to Czechoslovakia (and back)

edit: I might also randomly say THE WARRANT around the house just to drive my family insane

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I wasn't the right age for this, but I was the right age for Where In Time Is Carmen Sandiego, and boy was the endgame there so impossibly tough.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I wasn't the right age for this, but I was the right age for Where In Time Is Carmen Sandiego, and boy was the endgame there so impossibly tough.
I went back to check out a few episodes. A flood of memories came back after seeing the final challenge, but yeah if you don't get every question right you're screwed.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I went back to check out a few episodes. A flood of memories came back after seeing the final challenge, but yeah if you don't get every question right you're screwed.
I hate game shows where the timer keeps running while a question is being asked. It's so arbitrary. It all ends up hinging on how fast can the question asker ask the question and more often than you'd think time runs out while a question is still being asked so the contestant doesn't even get to answer it.

I hate that. It frustrates me to no end.

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
I remember both, but Where in Time was my jam back in the day. Though for some reason my younger mind remembers the theme song sounding a lot more full and "epic" than that. Still good, but rose colored hearing aids are a hell of a thing.

True Underdog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Like a few others in here, hearing "The Warrant" definitely brought me back.

Sometimes when I see that word, like when reading the news or whatever, I hear it in that sing-songy voice.

Oct 28, 2017
My sister interned on the show when she was in college and I was around 11 and watched it regularly. I got to attend a taping of the show and it was pretty cool. Definitely a lasting memory.

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Even back in the day I knew everyone who worked on this show absolutely loved working on it. This show is awesome and still holds up.

Also I never realized Rockapella improv'd most of their songs in the moment. That's awesome!

I feel like I've seen more wins on this show than Legend of the Hidden Temple which only had a 26.7% win rate. Someone should compile all the stats for these 90s kid gameshows into one place.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched this, so much great nostalgia. I loved this show as a kid and it's impressive seeing how everyone involved fully bought into this silly nonsense universe they created for this game show and additionally the positive effect it's had on the franchise since then.

Also crazy to think Lynne Thigpen almost wasn't a part of all of this. I can't even conceive of a version of this show without her playing the Chief. Credit to the showrunners for sticking to their instincts and doing all they could to accommodate her.