• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Deathloop_Primary_Horizontal_1280x720-01.jpg

Developer: Arkane Lyon
Publisher: Bathesda Softworks
Platforms: PC and PS5
Release Date: September 14, 2021
Price: £49.99 (PC) and £59.99 (PS5) or your regional equivalent

About:
You wake up on a beach, no memory of how you got there or even who you are. A mysterious message floats before you, urging you to "break the timeloop." You're trapped on an island full of people who are trying to kill you. You die, then wake up back on that same beach. Day ends. Beach. Die. Beach. It's enough to make you sick of beaches. Sick enough to start listening to those floating messages and do something about this timeloop. That's Colt's journey in Deathloop. Break the cycle by killing the people responsible for keeping it going, and maybe find a way off the island of Blackreef.

There are eight Visionaries responsible for keeping the loop going. Eight people that have to die to make things right, and thanks to the timeloop, you've only got one day to take them all out or the loop resets. But the targets are spread out across the island and are often only accessible at certain points throughout the day. So how can you possibly eliminate them all in time? The solution won't be easy, but with some practice (and quite a few resets) you'll be able to solve the puzzle of Blackreef and break the loop.

Julianna Blake. The cat to your mouse. She's the only person in the game you'll have consistent contact with. She's also the person on the island most determined to stop you from breaking the timeloop. Game Director Dinga Bakaba describes her and Colt's relationship as "the beating heart of Deathloop," and everything in the game comes back to them and their rivalry.

PS5 graphical features and DualSense support

PC system requirements
Minimum requirements:
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-8400 @ 2.80GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • Memory: 12 GB
  • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060 (6GB) or AMD Radeon RX 580 (8GB)
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: 30 GB available space (HDD)
Recommended requirements:
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz or AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
  • Memory: 16 GB
  • Graphics: Nvidia RTX 2060 (6GB) or AMD Radeon RX 5700 (8GB)
  • Storage: 30 GB available space (SSD)
Ultra 4K requirements:
  • Processor: Intel Core i9-10900K @ 3.70GHz or AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT
  • Memory: 16 GB system RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia RTX 3080 (10GB) or AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT (16GB)
  • Storage: 30 GB available space (SSD)

DEATHLOOP - Official Story Trailer

DEATHLOOP Explained

80 Rapid Fire Questions About Deathloop

This is my first OT thread, so go easy on me.

Last edited:

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
Just came back from preordering it at GameStop. I'm excited to dig into this game for the next few weeks.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
Likely day 1 for me unless reviews are concerning. Also fully expecting a terribly performing PC port but I hope I can brute-force it.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
The impressions from people playing it seem very positive. It's making me more excited for the game. Will be playing it on PC.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Looking forward to watching some playthroughs, forgetting about it, and experiencing it fresh in a year..

Maybe I'll finally get through Dishonored 1/2/DOTO in the mean time.

The early impressions have me jazzed.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Had the game since yesterday, happy to answer any questions! Been posting a lot about it today (sorry!)

ivalice

Banned
Sep 3, 2021
My copy should be arriving tomorrow! Should have been today, given that it arrived at my local depot in the early hours of this morning. 'External factors' prevented delivery today.

I hate that I can't just go over there with ID and collect it. It's just sat there, like a kilometer away!

Oct 25, 2017
Yay, exciting. I have it preloaded and ready to go. Can't see myself playing with anything other than the 60fps mode, but I would be interested to see the raytracing. Is it *just* reflections? This game has such a cool style.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
I'm going loopy just waiting for my gmg key!

Is this a roguelite? All the trailers talk about dying and repeating but they never say that word.

No. There's a light loop element and some progress you lose/carry over on death, but it's much closer to a large scale open puzzle box where you have to figure out the right approaches in the right order to work out a fixed solution, kinda like doing NPC sidequests in majoras mask to learn the patterns and then trying to do a run where you do all the NPC quests in one go.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Well I wanted to get a new game on my PS5 but if it's ten extra dollars and my PC will run it better (hopefully) then it seems Imma have to go with PC.

I understand raising the price of games to 70$, but it makes it seem like bullshit when it's 60$ on other devices with the exact same quality of game.

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
Super hyped! I have heard that we should be able to play the game tomorrow on Steam with a VPN location set to New Zealand, is that true? :D

yalk_dx

Nov 3, 2020
its not a roguelite, you basically jump into levels at one of four times of day and move through them like turns in a board game. the goal is to kill all the targets in those four turns, but those turns can take however long you like. there is a save system, and you progress permanently in various ways as you play, you seem to be encouraged to just try shit out as you see fit and not expect to knock em all down in one try, or to focus on taking x target out earlier in the day than y because b will make z go do a at night.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Pretty much the only game I am gutted about not being able to play having no ps5 so far. This looks damn good and I hope it reviews well.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Well I wanted to get a new game on my PS5 but if it's ten extra dollars and my PC will run it better (hopefully) then it seems Imma have to go with PC.

I understand raising the price of games to 70$, but it makes it seem like bullshit when it's 60$ on other devices with the exact same quality of game.
There is still a discount on the PS5 version, though. So that should offset the price difference, right?

yalk_dx

Nov 3, 2020

i got it for less than 60 dollars on PSN

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018

It's currently 10% off on PSN if you pre-order, dunno if that changes things for you

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The stylistic direction of this game makes me think Arkane could do a really good TimeSplitters reboot.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
After Prey's poor sales I wasn't sure if Arkane would get to make another game at all, so it feels good to be posting in the OP of a new Arkane game.

mrbobman15

Jan 21, 2019
I am ready for DEATHLOOP. My 2nd most anticipated game of the year right next to Halo Infinite in first. We're in for a treat with this one.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This game isn't going to be avaliable on game pass pc day 1 right?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hope so. I want to know exactly how I'm gonna be ruining the days of other players!

I feel a lot more confident with these invasion mechanics compared to the Souls franchise. Can't wait to just to sit at the ends of different lanes and just snipe at the player the entire time.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
I'm going loopy just waiting for my gmg key!

No. There's a light loop element and some progress you lose/carry over on death, but it's much closer to a large scale open puzzle box where you have to figure out the right approaches in the right order to work out a fixed solution, kinda like doing NPC sidequests in majoras mask to learn the patterns and then trying to do a run where you do all the NPC quests in one go.

Sounds a lot like the Mooncrash DLC. Seems like that was a test run?

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Looking forward to the reviews. The game does look great but I'm weary of jumping in day 1. If the reviews are positive and if the game can be played offline I'll bite.

OP
OP
Equanimity

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Thinking about it, Outer Wilds is very similar, isn't it?
Looping the same day over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.