• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
From the follow-up tweet:
EydQiAYWYAs2g7k

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
makes sense, seems like there is quite a bit release in May and there about's anyways.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Aint no way I was buying this with RE8 coming out that month and I garner lot of ppl were in the same boat so I would say this is a positive.

Assy Grass

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 30, 2021
On one hand, not another delay, this is one of the games I was looking forward to most :(

On the other, at least May got slightly less insane

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Dog dirt, had the rental account going to make sure I would get this.

Oh well, if it's not finished it's not finished.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Like it was said before, expect all games to be delayed until they're actually released.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Good on MS giving them more time. Makes for a better game and better for the employees.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Not too upset about this. Already got Returnal & RE8 back to back.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
COVID-19 doing some real damage. Deathloop Delayed TWICE. So, more of an extended wait for Xbox players also for exclusivity to run out... From Summer to Fall...

I really hope Ghostwire Tokyo is STILL coming this fall...

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Wait so if im waiting for the timed exclusivity deal to run out its now until September 2022 right? Damn

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
So...there's no way Bethesda releases Deathloop in September, Ghostwire in October and Starfield in November right?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Understandable as France has been dealing with covid lately worse than some others.

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
Not surprised at all. And more delays incoming..., it is logical during those pandemic times. Health first.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
this means every state of play until september will have an overlong deathloop trailer.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Damn, that's going to push out the inevitable Gamepass release further but safety first is most important.

I rather the devs stay safe!

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Dammit. Understandable with the pandemic, but I was looking forward to this.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, that is a....sizable (in terms of a 'last minute') delay.

Covid strikes indiscriminately, and the delay is completely understandable, but Schrier was more right than some people originally thought with that post about 2021 being a relative graveyard.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Understandable with everything that's going on, and I'll much rather see Arkane release a polished game, but damn.
There's really not much to look forward to in the next quarter, is there.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Delay can be kinda expected from most devs due to COVID tbh. It's more surprising if your release date isn't affected lol.

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
ouch, that's a late delay. Looking forward to playing it when it does come out but it's sad to see even games I was pretty sure would release getting more COVID delays.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Yep, this will be a very slow year for games as we still feel the ramifications of COVID.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
So...there's no way Bethesda releases Deathloop in September, Ghostwire in October and Starfield in November right?

Different studios and different platforms (counting that Starfield will be exclusive to Xbox/PC), so I don't see a problem with that. We just have to wait and see if those projects (Ghostwire and Starfield) won't get delayed too...