• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

easily my most anticipated game now, super looking forward to this one!

according to Playstation Blog, release is planned for holiday 2020

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/06/11/deathloop-makes-its-console-debut-on-ps5-this-holiday/

Each repeated day is an opportunity to learn, adapt, and solve the puzzle of Deathloop. It's up to you how you go about this. You can tackle each loop at your own pace, and in any order you choose – selecting your missions, targets and explorations as you see fit. Arm yourself with a variety of devastating weapons and supernatural abilities to survive the AEON Program and break the loop. Take the knowledge you gain from each day to try different paths and playstyles as you navigate the treacherous backstreets and hidden lairs of Blackreef. Stay on your toes, rework your strategies and push forward, all the while compiling clues as to the inner workings of the island. And remember: If at first you don't succeed… die, die again.

"For Game Director Dinga Bakaba, Arkane's goal is to blur the line between single- and multiplayer. "The focus is on the campaign and the story," he says. "And that campaign can be played with Julianna controlled only by the AI, or – and this is our recommendation – by a mix of A.I. and random players to experience the range of unpredictability and chaos that Julianna is capable of."

Multiplayer is optional!

from the Deathloop website:

Arkane's Single Player Gameplay Injected with Deadly Multiplayer DEATHLOOP is Arkane's take on an assassination multiplayer experience, seamlessly blending single player gameplay with multiplayer drama. Players will experience the main story as Colt, hunting down targets across the island of Blackreef to break the loop and earn his freedom. Players can also choose to take control of rival assassin Julianna, sneaking into another player's campaign to kill Colt and keep him imprisoned in the loop. The multiplayer experience is completely optional, and players can choose to have Julianna controlled by AI within their campaign.

https://bethesda.net/en/game/deathloop

Last edited:

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought this was one of the more interesting games at the show. Just hope it has a single player option.

Deleted member 4067

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Best developer in the industry

Will have to buy a PC to play since Sony is garbage with the timed exclusivity

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Day fucking one, anything Arkane make is gold. Bless Dinga and everyone else at Arkane Lyon.

Deleted member 19767

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So does this have Single Player? I'm not sure I like the rival concept. It's good on paper but I expect it to get tiresome quickly.

mozbar

Feb 20, 2018
I hope it has a 1v1 campaign. That would be interesting, but not sure how they would make it work.

Edit: beaten.

Koivusilta

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
This was by far the best thing shown at the event today. Glad to see Dishonored isn't dead, it just changed style and started dropping acid!

Last edited:

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
It's fucking Dishonored. All the powers and crazy abilities. This is gonna be an awesome game, but I'm wondering what the catch is, with the opposing killer. Is it a multiplayer thing?

Edit: Optional invasions. Alrighty then.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
Trailer of the show for me. Getting that PC version. Also, apparently it's not coming to Xbox.

OP
OP
Dphex

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
This sounds like the concept of Prey:Mooncrash evolved into a new game. Can´t wait!

and for those who haven´t played it: play Mooncrash, it is awesome :-)

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Looked great & very Arkane!

Looks like they created another great location to explore. Their art direction is on point.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
It's fucking Dishonored. All the powers and crazy abilities. This is gonna be an awesome game, but I'm wondering what the catch is, with the opposing killer. Is it a multiplayer thing?
I was yelling dishonoured at the screen but the timeline/storyline didnt seem right. The blink ability is there, the executions looked pretty similar too. It must be 1v1 inside of a single player style mission? One is trying to complete the mission and the other person is on the other side of the map attempting to deter. Looks really cool.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I was yelling dishonoured at the screen but the timeline/storyline didnt seem right. The blink ability is there, the executions looked pretty similar too. It must be 1v1 inside of a single player style mission? One is trying to complete the mission and the other person is on the other side of the map attempting to deter. Looks really cool.
One person's playing Dishonored, the other person's playing Spy Party

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

They've said it's an optional invasion thing, like Dark Souls.

OP
OP
Dphex

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
So does this have Single Player? I'm not sure I like the rival concept. It's good on paper but I expect it to get tiresome quickly.

from Playstation blog:

"For Game Director Dinga Bakaba, Arkane's goal is to blur the line between single- and multiplayer. "The focus is on the campaign and the story," he says. "And that campaign can be played with Julianna controlled only by the AI, or – and this is our recommendation – by a mix of A.I. and random players to experience the range of unpredictability and chaos that Julianna is capable of."

sounds like a fresh concept for sure