NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Have completed it myself already, but I know quite a considerable amount people found the FoV too narrow, or had complaints about the enemy AI. Also seen it on sale at quite few places for €35 (%50 off), so this might be as good a time as any to jump in and try it.

Full patch notes:

NPC Behavior

NPCs now react to bullets passing close by, such as headshots that miss
NPCs now react when another is assassinated close by
NPCs now hear better and react faster to nearby footfalls
NPCs under fire no longer move to take cover if the player is too close
NPCs can now deduce the direction from which a grenade was thrown
NPCs no longer stop trying to kill Colt if Julianna uses Nexus to link him to them
Interrupted aerial assassinations will no longer cause NPCs to become mostly invulnerable
Numerous other small fixes and improvements to NPC behavior, reactions, pathing, and placement
Charlie Montague no longer gets stuck in the floor or ground if he's kicked while using Shift

Quality of Life/Accessibility

Added controller remapping and left/right stick inversion
UI buttons and text in options menu are now larger, as are their selectable areas
[PS5] Added Field-of-View and motion-blur options. We continue to listen to community feedback and explore more quality of life and accessibility options for a future update.

Invasion

Colt dropping the game now counts as a win for a player-controlled Julianna
AI-controlled Julianna is now more reactive to Colt's actions
The antenna that Colt must hack to escape now takes slightly longer to hack
AFK players are tagged
Colt players who linger in Colt's tunnels for too long are automatically tagged and that causes the tunnel doors to open
Higher chance that you will invade players on your Friends list while they are playing in 'Online mode'
Strelak Sapper Charges thrown by NPCs that Julianna has attacked will no longer create false Colt tags for Julianna
Players now properly hear audio reactions from the opposing player during melee
Strelak Sapper Charges will now stick to Julianna as they do to other NPCs

User Interface

The UI is now clearer regarding Residuum loss on death
The appearance of weapons and other items is improved within the Loadout UI
The UI HUD will now properly display updates made to key bindings and controls
The game will now pause fully during the Game Over splash screen
Melee will now be labeled correctly when in the weapon cycle on a controller (Y)
When aiming down sights, crosshairs will no longer disappear while the player is close enough to an NPC to perform an assassination
The Heritage Gun's reticle will now indicate the increased scatter from the Scattergun perk
[PC] Players will no longer be asked to confirm changes to visual settings if nothing was changed
[PC] Fixed an issue in which mouse wheel sensitivity was overreduced when zooming in or out to view a weapon in the Loadout UI

Misc. Gameplay

Duplicate Slab upgrades are now converted to a harvestable Residuum object
In Karl's Bay, Harriet and her cultists can no longer shoot at Colt through the closed security door to her office
Also in Karl's Bay, a certain window in Hangar 2 has been restored to its intended functionality
Strelak Sapper Charges can no longer be thrown in a way that enables the player to clip through doors or other surfaces
Kicking a Strelak Sapper Charge while "cooking" it no longer causes the Charge to explode and no longer causes subsequent Charges to disappear when thrown
Turret placement can no longer be used as a way to enable the player to clip through doors or other surfaces
Hackable antennas now give clearer audiovisual feedback of their hacked status
Fixed an issue that could result in Colt having 2 guns in the same hand or one gun in the left hand instead of the right hand after a reprise
Fixed an issue that could prevent a weapon from being further reloaded if player switched to a same ammunition type while reloading then switched back to original weapon
Fixed an issue that could cause the Hackamajig not to be automatically equipped to an empty hand when first picked up
Fixed an issue that could lead to a player using the Shift Slab to reach a ledge, triggering the vaulting action, and getting stuck in the ledge instead of vaulting it
Fixed a case in which 2-Bit interactions were not working as intended
Fixed an issue that caused some hackable doors to become unopenable if kicked while hacking
More than one turret can no longer occupy the same space
Fixed an issue that could trap players if Fia's large bunker doors close on them

Graphics/Audio

Fixed an issue in which the player could unequip the machete during an assassination animation
Corrected some issues with FSR integration and improved overall implementation.
Fixed in issue in which the player could unequip a jammed gun during the unjamming animation
Fixed bugs, including some that could cause crashes, related to the DLSS and ray tracing graphics options
Fixed numerous minor visual glitches, including some related to indirect lighting
Fixed or improved numerous audio details and timings, including some improved voiceover lines
Improved audio mixing across the board
Fixed an issue that could cause graphical glitching when a door is opened at the same time a sensor closes it
Turret indicator lights now no longer function if the turret's battery is destroyed
The hostile/friendly indicator lights on Field Nullifiers are now consistent with those on turrets
Fixed an issue that caused deactivated turrets to sound as though they're deployed when thrown or dropped
Fixed an issue that rarely caused closed doors to appear as though they're open

Achievements/Trophies and Feats

Fixed an issue that enabled Julianna to be rewarded with duplicate trinkets
Fixed an issue that prevented the "Ensemble Tragedy" achievement from being rewarded properly
Fixed an issue that prevented Julianna from earning the Double Vision feat if killing Colt via assassination while Masquerading as a Visionary
Fixed an issue that enabled Julianna players to earn the Sorceress feat even if weapons were used
Fixed an issue that counted Colt's own deaths to Julianna's gunfire toward the "Don't Mind Me" achievement

Stability

Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash while using the Strelak Verso
Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash if Colt dies just as a cinematic begins
Fixed an issue that could rarely cause the game to become unresponsive on exiting the Journal
[PC] Fixed an issue that could cause the game to become unresponsive while remapping controls from keyboard to controller or vice versa

Connection-Related

Fixed an issue that could cause the first weapon to be dropped when the Julianna player picks up multiple weapons at once
Fixed an issue that could cause the mission results screen and progression to be skipped for the Julianna player if that player goes straight to Invasion matchmaking after successfully breaking the loop as Colt and watching the game credits
Fixed an issue that could cause the "network connection to the server failed" message to remain on-screen after being resolved
Fixed an issue that could cause Julianna to spawn above the ground, having to briefly fall before being able to move
Fixed an issue that caused the visual effects of Karnesis, when used on an NPC, not to appear from Julianna's point of view

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Dammit, I just bought this on PC because the FOV on PS5 was way, way too low.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
That's a pretty big thing to add as an update. How often has a game gotten update to say "we made the npc ai better"?

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
Did the input lag get fixed on PS5? I haven't got the game yet but if it's anything like Dishonoured 2's input lag then that would mean the game would be unplayable to me.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Did the input lag get fixed on PS5? I haven't got the game yet but if it's anything like Dishonoured 2's input lag then that would mean the game would be unplayable to me.
Haven't played Dishonored 2 in a long time, but I can tell you it's the typical Arkane Studios experience on console, in terms of aiming, deadzones, aim accelaration, etc...

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
lol, what the fuck. This actually makes me excited to run through the game again down the line. Thank you Arkane very cool

Boomstick75

Banned
May 7, 2021
I have had this game since launch, but have yet to boot it up. Have no idea why.

But now I'm in another playthrough of Dark Souls 3 and also getting my Halo Infinite on. Not sure how I'd find the time.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Big patch. Keep 'em coming. I'm gonna really enjoy the improved experience when I inevitably replay the game probably next year.

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the game was pretty middling, but all of these additions are pretty great and should make the experience as a whole much better.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, might give this another clean replay after I go through the two Dishonored's again and their DLC. Dunno when that will be with how crowded my holiday season is.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Already platinumed but nice qol changes for whenever I decide to replay it.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
I read the title as if it said it added "motion controls" to the PS5 version and was ready to open up the wallet when I noticed it said the patch adds "motion blur controls" instead. Wallet closed.

FlashFlooder

Oct 30, 2017
They need to tweak the aiming/camera controls. Something about it is really weird… I want to say it's something related to the acceleration?

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Good stuff, glad I didn't buy it at launch. I'll be getting it for $25 from Walmart hopefully if it doesn't sell out instantly.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
WTF. I took my time with this game too and I still missed out on this. Fuck ;l Maybe I'll replay it once sony adds vrr to the ps5.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nice update, but how the fuck was the below not in the original release.

NPC Behavior

NPCs now react to bullets passing close by, such as headshots that miss
NPCs now react when another is assassinated close by
NPCs now hear better and react faster to nearby footfalls
NPCs under fire no longer move to take cover if the player is too close
NPCs can now deduce the direction from which a grenade was thrown
NPCs no longer stop trying to kill Colt if Julianna uses Nexus to link him to them

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
FOV is a game changer here, it's one of VERY few games that came close to actually making me physically uncomfortable

HemoGoblin

Nov 3, 2017
Just picked this up from GameStop for 22 used. Was curious, should I turn off the objective markers and/or any other hud or hint systems? Seems like the main complaints I've heard is that the game sort of "solves" itself and that doesn't sound fun to me

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Not sure how I feel about this since
the AI gets noticeably smarter the more loops you do, and you get to the point where they'll instantly notice you from yards away. Part of the fun I had in that game was that escalation of difficulty and how dumb they could be.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how I feel about this since
the AI gets noticeably smarter the more loops you do, and you get to the point where they'll instantly notice you from yards away. Part of the fun I had in that game was that escalation of difficulty and how dumb they could be.

Is that actually a thing? Difficulty seemed exactly the same from the moment I started the game and when I finished it.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
An FOV slider in the console version of an Arkane game - amazing.

Devs, thank you so much for listening. Accessibility matters, and now I can play this game. Off to order a copy.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017

A few reasons:

1. The game was primarily designed as an Asymmetric PVP game, so programmer-time would be less focused on the AI than other elements

2. There are A LOT of NPCs on the map and some of these additions can be expensive calculations to run at that scale - The time needed to come up with and implement an algorithm that could create some of these behaviors without making the PS5 and the average PC cry in agony might not have fit within their Go-Gold deadline for launch.

3. That last one is a case of excessive self-preservation. If an NPC is linked to Colt via Nexus, damaging Colt will damage them as well, so they were initially programmed to not intentionally perform a (non-scripted) action resulting in Self-Harm.

Is that actually a thing? Difficulty seemed exactly the same from the moment I started the game and when I finished it.

Yes but no - The AI gets "smarter" the more of the seven Visionaries you kill, not based off Loops or time of day

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Wow FOV thank you! I eat crow for not thinking they would patch the game, will buy it now!

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
FoV yes!!!! absolutely needs to be the default in all console fps games. will make playing a lot more tolerable, gonna jump back in again since i put it down about a month ago.

have they added re-mappable controls (or at least different controller layout presets)? that was one of my biggest pet peeves
edit: i'm a dumbass, it's in the OP. thank god, silly that the game didn't ship with any customisable controls on PS5

Last edited:

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Thank god for the UI changes, this game honestly has the worst menus and UX of any game I've played in recent memory.

The AI upgrades are a nice surprise too, the lack of reactions to everything you do really hurts immersion imo.