• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slightconfuse

Oct 25, 2017
ELmLfnDUYAA8qzT

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I'm all aboard The Bucks getting the tag titles.

Fuck giving the womens title to Britt tho. Shes nowhere near ready for a title run.

greenbird

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Can't get my head around the Emi hate, here and on other forums. Her experience and ability to engage a crowd for better or worse make her valuable. She's being presented as a confident mischeivous veteran who loses when she gets too arrogant.

There are plenty of wrestlers who incorporate their favorite things into their gimmick. KUSHIDA is Marty McFly, Sammy loves Pandas, Kris is an alien, Kenny is the Terminator, Ospreay is an Aerial Assassin, Reigns is a Hound of Justice, Rey Mysterio and Ricochet are superheroes, The Bucks dress like Street Fighter characters sometimes. That's just the start of a long list.

kushida-entrance.jpg

You have my sword.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Anyone wanna link me a dope joshi match to watch before bed?

Edit: Going with this because Inoue is a name I know...

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god I forgot how much Umaga beat the shit out of the Jackass crew until I saw these gifs

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I feel so entirely disconnected from video games right now. I spent almost all of gaming time this year playing Baba Is You, Hearthstone, Hitman 2 and Super Mario Maker 2. What the fuck is a Control?

(I've had Control since launch but am generally too tired or busy to play.)

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
After Final Battle, Marty will be rid of ROH. Its a good day.

Hopefully he debuts in AEW before Revolution.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
That Dakota Kai table spot on NXT was disgusting, she could've easily broke her neck.

Unsafe neck spot? They don't call her DaKOTA for nothing!

After Final Battle, Marty will be rid of ROH. Its a good day.

Hopefully he debuts in AEW before Revolution.

The Villain needs to show up to take control of The The Gang (The Butcher, The Blade, The Bunny, The Hangman). Expect him to arrive whenever Hangman turns out Kenny. My guess is shortly after Kenny's rubber match with Pac where Kenny tries to pass on the Poorly Booked Geek Virus to Pac.

Also what the fuck is a Dr. Luther? I mean, at least the Brandi's big goof isn't DJ Hyde but is the ENTIRE hiring strategy of AEW right now 'do we personally know a guy'?

Also if I can't get Dr. Britt Baker versus Dr. Luther in a Medical Malpractice Match then what the fuck are we even doing?

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
WON hall of fame inductees:

Los Misioneros De La Muerte
Ultimo Guerrero
Gedo
Villano III
Dr Wagner Jr
Jim Crockett Sr
Bearcat Wright
Paul Pons

Great list. Some of these guys (Bearcat & Villano) I'm surprised took so long to get in.
Gedo is in on his first ballot, which I guess won't shock anyone given he took a company from floating in the gutter to breaking profit records with great booking. Such a long period of sustained great booking is super rare too. Talking the level of Watts/Shire/Graham there

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019
Unsafe neck spot? They don't call her DaKOTA for nothing!

The Villain needs to show up to take control of The The Gang (The Butcher, The Blade, The Bunny, The Hangman). Expect him to arrive whenever Hangman turns out Kenny. My guess is shortly after Kenny's rubber match with Pac where Kenny tries to pass on the Poorly Booked Geek Virus to Pac.

Also what the fuck is a Dr. Luther? I mean, at least the Brandi's big goof isn't DJ Hyde but is the ENTIRE hiring strategy of AEW right now 'do we personally know a guy'?

Also if I can't get Dr. Britt Baker versus Dr. Luther in a Medical Malpractice Match then what the fuck are we even doing?

AEW needs stars and instead of trying to get them the EVP and Champion are just going full Hogan in WCW and just having Tony Khan hire all of their friends instead

A 51 year old semi-retired Wrestler is sure going to be what puts AEW over NXT.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Completely agree. For all intents and purposes, AEW is just like WWE from a presentation format.

Just look at the difference between the WCW of 1989 and WWF of 1989

Now go 10 years into the future and they both look drastically different

AEW and WWE are way too similar looking. Need fresh minds for presentation, not the past 20 years of the same old shit.

And if they change the presentation too much from what people expect you get a niche product like Lucha Underground that probably wouldn't last. NXT doesn't look that much different from Raw and SD except that Full Sail is more intimate and the camerawork is sometimes better because Kevin Dunn isn't there.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Vinny: What happened to Ember Moon?
Bryan: well, she went to the main roster, got hurt and now they doing nothing with her.

WWE is amazing.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
And if they change the presentation too much from what people expect you get a niche product like Lucha Underground that probably wouldn't last. NXT doesn't look that much different from Raw and SD except that Full Sail is more intimate and the camerawork is sometimes better because Kevin Dunn isn't there.
Nah NXT surely feel different because the color choice and mood. Lack of silver and such. Not nearly as cinematic as LU tho.

At this rate AEW and NXT wont last either with shite rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.