• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Haven't done the starting region yet but just the first prepper, former porter, and novelists son left in the west. Do you have to do edge knot and it's distribution center? Do they just deliver to each other? Also do you think I'll pick up the last 5 timed and last 3 retrieval missions I need from those starting settlements?

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
You cant build anything, fabricate anything, etc. I had ONE repair spray on a distro center on the way, but that's not nearly enough when my cargo is fucking 98% destroyed after one BT encounter and you have to go through more. This is honestly annoying as fuck and I want to drop this shit
I'll keep this in mind once I get to that chapter. Stock up on spray. Noted.

Oct 29, 2017
I have gotten "game over" 3 times for my cargo being destroyed this mission so I'm not sure if that's entirely true...

Edit: ^ that might be it

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Oh, it can break. Mine did during the squid fight. I don't think it can during the final encounter though. I got to that fight at 95% damage and got smacked around a number of times without destroying the cargo.

That'd make sense, I reached the boss at 98% damage and the game lost all my sprays so I guess it's intentional but I guess it can break before that.

In fact in my case I think it wasn't even damaged before the boss fight and suddenly it was at 98%

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I can't remember them all, but lots of them in Chapter 3 are worth it. Usually easy to tell, since you'll get a lvl 1 of something from them first. Even the ones that don't give you fabricatable items, they'll give you custom versions of an item that's way better than the default.

Vehicle guy should be a priority once you get vehicles unlocked. Forget if that's Port Knot or the Distribution center.

Chapter 3 question

I got the bike from Port Knot, heading to south distribution next.

Is lv 3 power skeleton the max from the Engineer?

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
I don't think it should have been set on another planet but I think that the whole "reconnect America, Sam. America only. Fuck everyone else it's 'Muricah' angle really needed to go. Making an entire game about connections only for it to be solely focused on American exceptionalism and isolationism is really strange.

agreed. this began bothering me pretty early on, actually. another planet? nah. some kinda nebulus post-apocalyptic 'somewhere'? would've worked a lot better for me. kojima's message is a universal one. tying it to the u.s., or any particular country, reduces it & does it a disservice. as is so often the case, he can be his own worst enemy when it comes to story-telling...

Oct 25, 2017
agreed. this began bothering me pretty early on, actually. another planet? nah. some kinda nebulus post-apocalyptic 'somewhere'? would've worked a lot better for me. kojima's message is a universal one. tying it to the u.s., or any particular country, reduces it & does it a disservice. as is so often the case, he can be his own worst enemy when it comes to story-telling...
I also kind of think a sequel that focused on reconnecting the world would be crazy and wild. Long haul oceanic traversal, on, above and below. BTs in those environs and a global scope. Kojima on a freighter, submersible and cargo plane. I'm not opposed to Hideo Kojima's Around the World in 80 Days.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
I will ask the ep11 bossfight question again:
Nothing does damage to Cliff on hard! How do I beat him? How did you do it? Please only answer when you played on hard too.

ProtosH

Banned
Jan 28, 2019
I think the whole "reconnect america" thing need to be understood as US are the country that embody the concept of strands/link/bridges. It's essentially for kojima a country founded on the hope of a living together while being incredibly different (cultural diversity) and scattered on a vast chunk of land. Think of it from the point of view of an insular japanese (strong cultural coherence and very limited territory). I'm not american nor japanes (french btw) but the theme connetc with me if I keep that in mind

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I will ask the ep11 bossfight question again:
Nothing does damage to Cliff on hard! How do I beat him? How did you do it? Please only answer when you played on hard too.

it's the same as the two fights prior. this one they made easy to sneak in the grass and use your rope to choke. use blood ammo, I find the assault rifle works best, gernades are iffy with the hit radius.

Nov 4, 2017
I finished the game last night (47 hours) and loved it. I'm now chasing the platinum, so I started using Zip lines for the first time to expedite things.

Holy shit, I played the final third of the game wrong. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed navigating the mountains with a carrier dragged behind me. But God damn, I'm gonna have fun building a network through the mountains. They sure are bandwidth-thirsty though ...

Future_TraX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Basel, Switzerland
You cant build anything, fabricate anything, etc. I had ONE repair spray on a distro center on the way, but that's not nearly enough when my cargo is fucking 98% destroyed after one BT encounter and you have to go through more. This is honestly annoying as fuck and I want to drop this shit
You can avoid all the BT sections
but the first with the bubble-things. Just walk / drive a little different route.

teague

Dec 17, 2018
Holy shit, I just got a
VOIDOUT CRATER??
in the starting area where I died?? Was this in an update or something?

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
FFFFFUUUU.....

EP 6, does this mountain section gets any better? I just got shot to shit because someone built a bridge on the way of my zip lines and on my way up the snowy section I just got double-teamed by two BT doggos.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Finished. 45 hours.
giphy.gif

MGS4 flashbacks aside, I loved it.
But man...when Kojima goes off the leash, he does not think twice and goes for it XD
Maybe this what happens when you work on a single franchise for decades, you just gotta let it all out...
giphy.gif

Gonna have think about it for while, but for now I think its my GOTY, it was one hell of an experience.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Just watched the launch trailer and, holy shit, that thing gives anyone on Era pretty much complete reign to spoil most of the main plot points and moments in the entire story. I won't, of course, but there's literally nothing stopping me from saying:

Cliff is BB's father and Ciff dies trying to save him from a government facility
Mama and Lockne are twins and Mama dies
Bridget and Amelie are the same person
Deadman becomes attached to Lou/BB
Sam names his BB Lou after his kid who died
Higgs has the ability to control people and wants to start extinction
And more most likely

Alongside posting images of some of the climactic boss fights and ending scenes.

So, yeah, if you are feeling a bit dickish then the Launch Trailer gives you the ability to post all those things on here without spoiler tags.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
FFFFFUUUU.....

EP 6, does this mountain section gets any better? I just got shot to shit because someone built a bridge on the way of my zip lines and on my way up the snowy section I just got double-teamed by two BT doggos.
Fuckkkk. Not at Chapter 6 yet so I haven't met these creatures. This does not sound like fun lol

Plum

May 31, 2018
I think the whole "reconnect america" thing need to be understood as US are the country that embody the concept of strands/link/bridges. It's essentially for kojima a country founded on the hope of a living together while being incredibly different (cultural diversity) and scattered on a vast chunk of land. Think of it from the point of view of an insular japanese (strong cultural coherence and very limited territory). I'm not american nor japanes (french btw) but the theme connetc with me if I keep that in mind

I see what you mean but I think that Kojima himself needed to look outside of his own perspective instead of simply assuming that everyone else will see things his own way. For me when I hear "Make America Whole Again," or "America was the glue that held us together," I look towards an actual America which, despite being 'built' on diversity, has always divided people and kept people out. The utter reverence that Kojima places on America is, to me, similar to the kind of reverence that your typical MAGA person does; it's not the same, of course, but they're both built around an imagined greatness that, in reality, simply doesn't exist.

Frankly it's just another reason why Kojima needed another writer on this project. So much of the game feels so close to being truly transcendental but because there was no-one to give Kojima that vital different perspective it truly hurts it overall.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Metacritic removed over 6000 user "reviews" from Death Stranding.Was about time.
Took them a long time considering for Astral Chain they did it pretty quick. I just dont get why metacritic has user reviews when it cant be proven someone bought or played the game. Thats just a kindergarden for fanboys post 10's and 0's reviews.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So do you have to fragile jump to edge knot and get it up to 5 stars? Would those last two facilities just make deliveries to each other for that?

Oct 29, 2017
You can avoid all the BT sections
but the first with the bubble-things. Just walk / drive a little different route.

Heh, I got thought it pretty easily actually. I was rushing because I figured I was towards the end of the game and wanted to finish it up. Once I actually thought about the route and took my time, it became a cakewalk.

Boss at the end was cool as FUCK

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Why does sam have a baby inside of him
what? I hope your not posting open spoilers right now.

NVM.

A couple of things.

1. Ziplines are way better than roads, should have been building them along time ago instead of putting so much stock in roads.
2. I'm not sure I understand the online part. It seems as though I'm the only one building anything major in "my" worlds. I come across bridges and ladders but never any new roads or ziplines.

A question for platinum trophy achievers:

When it says get all stations to 5 stars do they mean literally all stations or just the major ones?

Thanks.

Last edited:

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'm enjoying the deliveries so far but the writing is just atrocious. It's like every character wants to give me a powerpoint presentation. It starts with the corpse disposal guy who tells you the entire history of the world you have been living in yourself and it hasn't stopped since. I feel like Kojima desperately needs a producer to cut away most of the overexplanation and unneccessary scenes reiterating the same point over and over again. And I'm only about 5 hours in.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
I'm enjoying the deliveries so far but the writing is just atrocious. It's like every character wants to give me a powerpoint presentation. It starts with the corpse disposal guy who tells you the entire history of the world you have been living in yourself and it hasn't stopped since. I feel like Kojima desperately needs a producer to cut away most of the overexplanation and unneccessary scenes reiterating the same point over and over again. And I'm only about 5 hours in.

lmao it only gets worse from there

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
what? I hope your not posting open spoilers right now.

NVM.

A couple of things.

1. Ziplines are way better than roads, should have been building them along time ago instead of putting so much stock in roads.
2. I'm not sure I understand the online part. It seems as though I'm the only one building anything major in "my" worlds. I come across bridges and ladders but never any new roads or ziplines.

A question for platinum trophy achievers:

When it says get all stations to 5 stars do they mean literally all stations or just the major ones?

Thanks.
For some deliveries you need roads anyway, you can't do everything by ziplines. And yes, you need to level up ALL facilities to five.