• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
My thinking was, maybe, I was on a server with a load of trolls. The amount of vehicles purposely left in ridiculous positions was atrocious, blocking entrances, roads, prepper shelters and all sorts. Not the sort that would give likes!
I feel like the vehicles are more people just abandoning there stuff not thinking about how it will impact others

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 4:
cool aesthetically, love me some Mads, but god damn the shooting is not good. Getting stuck on geometry and blinded by the huge cargo stack on my back along with it generally just feeling clunky. Was a jarring and unnecessary sequence.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Episode 4:
cool aesthetically, love me some Mads, but god damn the shooting is not good. Getting stuck on geometry and blinded by the huge cargo stack on my back along with it generally just feeling clunky. Was a jarring and unnecessary sequence.
R3, change perspective.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I figured building bridges would be hard because you have to find material scattered around and in mule post boxes but you can just claim material. Is there any set back to claiming material?

Oct 27, 2017
If you're interested in premium deliveries, yes. Up your rank and stats. Some preppers give custom items for everyone you hand in post 5*, like Chiaral items that are more durable, stuff that can't be fabricated.
Yeah I noticed that with the craftsman and the custom grenades but didn't know if that was the case with everyone. Thanks

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Got the game today, thanks to the store I bought it from - who couldn't deliver on time.

First thing that happens - I get stuck under a rock. I felt like opa-opa playing MGS. :lol

Had to restart from a checkpoint, only to realize later on that I probably could've placed all the bags on the ground to get loose.

buset

Jul 25, 2018
I feel like I am playing this game wrong and missing out on something;
I am playing on normal and all the BT encounters are super annoying but in no way hard, I love everything else. The reason is that they are easy but eats up a lot of time. I am at the point where I am just thinking of them as this superfluous game mechanic (super video-gamey), kind of non immersive and also this slowdown animation and shit even though I know I am on a highway and/or in a vehicle and can easy avoid them. I don't feel this way about MULEs etc, they are kind of fun (but in some ways a tad too easy I guess?). The BTs just feels tedious. Any tips? I am loving the game so far (about 20+ hours in and in ch 3). Whats the deal with the difficulty options? The game doesn't seem to make that clear, really. Also; fuck all the small text :(

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
It took a while for me to get into this game, like towards the end of episode 2 and the start of 3 are when it really started to click. I'm really loving it now.

Also I have to say so far its really easy dealing with the mules. That parry move is god like and combining it with a quick take down afterwards works really well. I dealt with a group of six pretty easily doing this. I imagine they get tougher after episode 3.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I am playing this game wrong and missing out on something;
I am playing on normal and all the BT encounters are super annoying but in no way hard, I love everything else. The reason is that they are easy but eats up a lot of time. I am at the point where I am just thinking of them as this superfluous game mechanic (super video-gamey), kind of non immersive and also this slowdown animation and shit even though I know I am on a highway and/or in a vehicle and can easy avoid them. I don't feel this way about MULEs etc, they are kind of fun (but in some ways a tad too easy I guess?). The BTs just feels tedious. Any tips? I am loving the game so far (about 20+ hours in and in ch 3). Whats the deal with the difficulty options? The game doesn't seem to make that clear, really. Also; fuck all the small text :(
The BT encounters... are a little weird. I really like the atmosphere when I'm actually exploring an area, but sometimes they pop up in places that are really annoying as the story progresses. I had two spots on the highway near South Port City and they couldn't seem to actually get to me on the highway itself, but I would slow down for the animation twice on that stretch of road. Really annoying.

You can move quite quickly through their encounter zones though. If I'm on foot I'll actually run making sure to move away from where the scanner is pointing, and if it ever snaps in front of me and spins I just slide to a halt, hold my breath, move away and sprint again. Can often make it through without even having to do that.

Can do it on bikes and trucks too, you just feather the accelerator until you see a BT appear, then do a shot burst away, and carry on. Once you get the hang of it it's pretty simple.

Does the highway go up to the weather station?
It doesn't.

You can get a truck up there quite easily via a few routes though, if you want to.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Episode 8 question

How easy is it making the trip from Heartman's Lab to the Geologist to the Paleontologist in one go since you have to bring the bomb to the Paleontologist?

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, recycling adds it to the claim menu. Damaged goods give you a lesser value of material as opposed to something intact but it still gives you some value, so if you have room, lugging damaged good to recycle is worth it.

Think of a private locker like a private storage area with limited slots. You can store materials in it but its primary purpose is the storage of other items, like equipment, weapons etc. The recycle option allows you to store greater material amounts than the private locker does and avoids taking up private locker slots. Each facility has a cap on how many of a certain material it can store, so if you really wanted to, you could use both the private locker and the recycle option to store a significant amount of materials. Note that increasing the star rating of a facility increases how many materials it can store via the recycle option.

The blue numbers you are referencing occur when you recycle. The white numbers on that screen is the amount of materials you had. The blue numbers are your new totals, with each icon representing a material.

Chiral bandwidth is how many total structures you can build in any particular area. You shouldn't really run into a bandwidth issue. I haven't so far.

awesome thanks again, its making sense now.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I agree with people maybe a bit frustrated with how easy BTs and MULES can be to deal with. I'm torn on it. I don't dislike them at all, I'm more surprised at how generally easy they are to work through (I'm playing on Hard) versus what I expected, which was an experience more weighted in survival and challenge. But I also recognise this was probably a hard thing to balance, and the direction taken was one where MULES and BTs are more like...hazards to impede comfortable progress rather than game breakingly difficult challenges. They're less major set pieces to conquer, more parts of the environment in of itself. In the same way that clumsy terrain, steep inclines, and rushing rivers require patience and attention, BTs and MULES are an extension of the same thing; crossing through their territory requires adapting to the threat they pose, which is enough to recontextualise your approach but not enough that you have to continuously restart the encounters.

At first it bothered me a bit, but I get the angle they're going for and I feel it works well in the framework of the experience.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I have noob questions (still in chapter 2)

I had 5 blood bags and hemetic grenade. After I used it 5 times, I was not able to use it again. How do I use the bloodbag to refill my hemetic grenade?

Also how do you equip and use EX grenades?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok has anyone else had the music cut out and back on? It's only for like a second but it's happened a few times now.

I thought I was having audio issues so I deleted and redownloaded the game but it's doing this now.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm nearing the end because this game is on some MGS4-esque shit now. I love it (and I think I'm going to replay MGS4 after this).

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I have noob questions (still in chapter 2)

I had 5 blood bags and hemetic grenade. After I used it 5 times, I was not able to use it again. How do I use the bloodbag to refill my hemetic grenade?

Also how do you equip and use EX grenades?
you don't. the blood bag just stops it from taking the blood from your health. if you didn't have any blood bags each grenade would hurt you

they do a really poor job of explaining this, it's super confusing

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
I agree with people maybe a bit frustrated with how easy BTs and MULES can be to deal with. I'm torn on it. I don't dislike them at all, I'm more surprised at how generally easy they are to work through (I'm playing on Hard) versus what I expected, which was an experience more weighted in survival and challenge. But I also recognise this was probably a hard thing to balance, and the direction taken was one where MULES and BTs are more like...hazards to impede comfortable progress rather than game breakingly difficult challenges. They're less major set pieces to conquer, more parts of the environment in of itself. In the same way that clumsy terrain, steep inclines, and rushing rivers require patience and attention, BTs and MULES are an extension of the same thing; crossing through their territory requires adapting to the threat they pose, which is enough to recontextualise your approach but not enough that you have to continuously restart the encounters.

At first it bothered me a bit, but I get the angle they're going for and I feel it works well in the framework of the experience.

Agree, I'm not that far yet but there needed to be more hazards than just the terrain.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Finished chapter 5!
I will never get over the whole putting an alive person in a freaking body bag to carry them around thing lol. It just looks so ridiculous, and honestly doesn't make all that much sense either. I mean, I get that it was done that way to play off of the carrying mechanics but gosh it's seriously so silly. 😂
Especially cuz I drove a truck the entire way back to the mountain so Mama was just... there... sitting in the seat, in a body bag.

The boss fight was intense! When that thing opened up its face, oh my god I hard noped so bad LOL. Sooo creepy looking jfkld;afkdl;
Was pretty tough for me, too. Not nearly as ridiculous as the Mads fight in chapter 4, but I did die a handful of times. Tbh fighting it wasn't even that bad or hard, it was the item managing and getting the white body thing to throw extra gear to me and trying to snatch it up quick enough that kept getting me. I got the boss down to a sliver of life like three times and then died during the scramble of trying to grab another gun to finish it off lol. Also I'm so programmed to press triangle to pick stuff up, I kept accidentally putting Mama down when trying to grab more gear. 💦

I'm a bit sad to see Mama go, I really liked her design/look and mannerisms. Her time in the game felt too short.
(But also lmao at the whole... finally becoming one thing? And Sam just awkwardly standing there silently off to the side like, '........alright.' Tbh same, Sam, same. 😂 )

Also, starting chapter 6:
Loooooll that shower bit with Deadman. He's so extra and earnest, I honestly can't hate him. Even if he does cause awkward shower times. 😂

Septimius

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, guys! Just wanted to thank you again for helping me out with those insightful tips before. I'm really starting to get a hang of the game, and I still enjoy plotting smart routes and traversing the scenery with ease. Today, I even figured I could just run around a whole BT encounter instead of dealing with it. Did you ever try that, or do you normally just power through? 😅 I am really feeling I am able to contribute in the world by putting up structures, and now that I have got a little platform that follows me, I can move stuff even more efficiently. I've heard rumors that you can actually stand on those yourself, and get down slopes in style like the world hasn't seen from before the Death Stranding (I'm just guessing here, I don't know the world from back then). Might be worth trying! 🏄‍♂️

I also saw some amazing tips on how to do stuff like beat up MULEs and catch their cargo mid-air to throw at other MULEs! Now that I'm connected to the network, I was able to see the tips shared in a video! I wish I could keep going at it, but there are just so many things that have to be tended around here, that I won't find any more time today. Tomorrow, I hope to finish what needs to be done in the safehouse quickly, so I can return to my porting duties yet again! Thanks for helping build those roads, people! 🥇

Keep fighting on keeping on!
👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone please tell me how the fuck I'm supposed to [Chapter 6 spoiler] get to the prepper's place deep in the mountains without my fucking BB? This is bullshit.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Huge pro tip I just read from the loading tips:

If you are holding something in your hand and you release it standing next to vehicle it will automatically load it onto the vehicle.

I wish I knew this 30 hours ago.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
6 hours in, Chapter 2, still not gone beyond the first station you go to west of Capital Knot City, lol. I can't stop delivering. 5 star'd the first guy at CKC and I'll do the same for the second guy and then I'll move on. So fucking addictive.

Also, it's now my Birthday and they had cake for me in my quarters. Amazing.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Ok so, on episode 3 and no idea how much longer it'll take, just visited weatherdude:

- just learned about chiral network map, every zone has a city/distro/prepper?

- discovered two hidden ones, plus another on a standard delivery, that I can't interact with, wth!

- I won't do every standard delivery for now, maybe later or on post game, but I'd like to know which ones provide unique gadgets or upgrades or something to prioritize those.

- want to go back to east area but maybe wait until more useful gadgets available. Wait or go now? Maybe wanna check for preppers or something. Can't see network zones of that area from where I'm at now...

teague

Dec 17, 2018
Hey, guys! Just wanted to thank you again for helping me out with those insightful tips before. I'm really starting to get a hang of the game, and I still enjoy plotting smart routes and traversing the scenery with ease. Today, I even figured I could just run around a whole BT encounter instead of dealing with it. Did you ever try that, or do you normally just power through? 😅 I am really feeling I am able to contribute in the world by putting up structures, and now that I have got a little platform that follows me, I can move stuff even more efficiently. I've heard rumors that you can actually stand on those yourself, and get down slopes in style like the world hasn't seen from before the Death Stranding (I'm just guessing here, I don't know the world from back then). Might be worth trying! 🏄‍♂️

I also saw some amazing tips on how to do stuff like beat up MULEs and catch their cargo mid-air to throw at other MULEs! Now that I'm connected to the network, I was able to see the tips shared in a video! I wish I could keep going at it, but there are just so many things that have to be tended around here, that I won't find any more time today. Tomorrow, I hope to finish what needs to be done in the safehouse quickly, so I can return to my porting duties yet again! Thanks for helping build those roads, people! 🥇

Keep fighting on keeping on!
👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

"You received 11 likes from Septimius"

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
yo what the fuck was that. No way of crafting new gear, constant rain, 3 BT fights in a row and cargo that must not get submerged. Dropped the difficulty down to easy after 3 hours. Damn.
Also, I hope that was not the last I've seen from Mads.

Last edited:

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Can someone please tell me how the fuck I'm supposed to [Chapter 6 spoiler] get to the prepper's place deep in the mountains without my fucking BB? This is bullshit.

Just done it a few hours ago. Did not really found it to be an issue...

Just have
anti bt weapons and a bola on you, in case they are next to you so you can quickly gun then down. Out of the 3 preps I got caught once. Most bt encounters i find you can runaway from. A bit harder though when its uphill snow

On a sidenote, make sure to create
zip lines for future use

Jun 26, 2018
Alright, I've finished the game, I think, and to anyone who dares claim Kojima doesn't credit anyone, shut up for now and ever...

because there are credits at the start of the game and full credits sequences TWICE at the end of the game. One where there are individual highlights before a scrolling credits sequence and the final credits sequence thats just a normal credit scroll.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Just done it a few hours ago. Did not really found it to be an issue...

Just have
anti bt weapons and a bola on you, in case they are next to you so you can quickly gun then down. Out of the 3 preps I got caught once. Most bt encounters i find you can runaway from. A bit harder though when its uphill snow

On a sidenote, make sure to create
zip lines for future use
I put the cargo in my private locker and managed to get ziplines setup until around halfway. I bypassed the BT encounter this way.