Votes: 611 11.7%
  • Eh, it's alright

Votes: 750 14.4%

• Total voters

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hate to be the guy that goes "I'm not sure I really get what's going on here" but I'm sure I'm not the only one. Either way, Kojima's gameplay is almost always next level so I'm pumped. Also, Troy Baker re-confirming why he's one of my favorite VO artists, dude sounds great as does everyone else.

Nov 20, 2017
This gave a lot of its story structure away but nothing about why it's so "groundbreaking". Am I missing something?

Or is that why Mads says "You'll know everything soon." at the end of the trailer

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
The Akira bike...

511126b015c3013784900e68878b1769.gif

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's not even difficult to understand... they explain the concept in the fucking trailer

The themes are being presented clear as day

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Fuuuuck, that was amazing. I'm so glad it's a 2019 game, too. I was kinda expecting it to be 2020.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Kojima really knows how to make trailers. I'm hyped. I don't wanna get my hopes up but it looks like this means the return of beautiful long as fuck cutscenes.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Not convinced on the stealth/hide in the bushes/third person shooting aspect (as it's become really too common these days), but it looks like the world, the characters and everything in between will more than make up for it.

There's nothing quite like a Kojima trailer, nothing quite like a Kojima game, and I think that's something to appreciate. Really looking forward to it.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
The term 'likely' here is only being implied by fans and has been done since the game's announcement. Sony's official wording and their boxart has no mention of it. The only related official wording we got sony was during its first announcement on its investor site and it was announced as a 'PS4 Console exclusive'

And before anyone compares this to GoD and Uncharted.. please don't. This is a new IP that isn't developed by a Sony first party studio and not a world renouned IP thats being made by 1st party studios since more than a decade. It all depends on the deal Sony and Kojima made initially.

I'm not sure why you're so hellbent on using this logic. First of all. There is no "deal' The game is a property, trademark, and copyright of Sony Interactive Entertainment. It is a Sony game, funded and published by them through and through. They decide whatever happens with it because they own Death Stranding, not Kojima.

Using the label aspect to determine things is foolish as they've never been consistent with them. They even listed UC4 as console exclusive at one time, so you're the one assuming here while everyone else is using facts. Also: This year they've stopped using the labels for trailers\posts or anything online related, which is something I noticed after seeing this. Go look up similar WWS games including Days Gone, Medievil, Predator, Blood & Truth, etc.. None of them say Only on PlayStation anywhere. So your statement is equally confusing and doesn't make sense.

Only the final boxes still say such a thing and only the final box art. All the retail boxes for DS say Only on PlayStation, and if they don't, that's because it's not the final artwork.., as it states very blatantly on the box. They will say it when the final boxart is revealed.

It's a PS4 exclusive that's coming out in November. Let's move on because it's just derailing discussing the game.

Last edited:

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Shame it's PS4 only, looks great. If I eventually get the next gen console, I'm in for a treat. Will I able to be play titles like Spiderman and GOW on it?

Yup, PS5 will have backwards compatibility with PS4. There will probably be remasters for many of the best games too.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Well MGSV trailers were amazing.
But the game ended up lacking a complete chapter so i don't know if it's comparable.
Either way i always find funny how people have this enormous standards for narrative in gaming, and are specially vocal about it on the games that are actually trying to push the medium into better storytelling. However with other developers that try and fail completely to deliver a story or don't even try, they are nowhere to be seen. For example, there's not a single game on the switch with this wacky atmosphere mixed with great actors and star powered narrative. Games with atrocious/non existent storylines like BOTW or Odyssey still get appraised and not at all heavily criticized as Kojima is with his stuff.

Oh believe me, I think BOTW and Odyssey doesn't not deserve the praise they got too. Especially BOTW.
I think I understand what Kojima is trying to do but after his last couple of game, I'm kind of beginning to believe he's simply not really good at writing.
Maybe it's too much animu for me, also.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
The most interesting aspect I'm finding about the story is that we have to "reunify America." Like, is Kojima about to go full commentary on current political hellhole that is America?

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

What a dickbag.Ironically the people who insist on calling things pretentious are the most pretentious of all.

I mean.. He's not exactly wrong though ?
There's very little in this trailer that's actually surreal. It's actually quite a straightforward look at what we'll be doing in the gameplay loop, who we'll be facing off against, who the main characters are, what the objective of the main protagonist is, etc.

This gave a lot of its story structure away but nothing about why it's so "groundbreaking". Am I missing something?

Or is that why Mads says "You'll know everything soon." at the end of the trailer
Remember how bloodborne turned out to be way more than just a werewolf hunting simulator?

Aine

May 27, 2019
Here's hoping it'll be better all around than MGSV. I know, not entirely Kojima's fault, which is why I have faith in this.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
"There is no traditional 'game over' state in Death Stranding. Lose your life during combat and you'll find yourself in an upside-down realm, searching for a way back to the living. Choose your combat methods carefully, as killing your foe is > almost never the solution – and every death carries a consequence."

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
That trailer did nothing for me. The games color scheme feels to bleak, fits the narrative though of course. Still hard to understand what the game and it's gameplay will be. How big part will the climbing be? Are we going to get to play all 3 characters? Need more details than a confusing trailer a'la Kojima.

Nov 20, 2017
To be fair, still being curious from a gameplay standpoint doesn't diminish my interest one bit. I know it'll control well and the story will be bonkers (hopefully..). I'm just honestly confused what makes it a new "genre" as it's been hinted at in the past.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018

Right ? Norman Reedus, Madds Mikkelsen, both are selling this game it's some kind of messiah and I just don't see it.
It's frustrating, really. I would love to be hyped for this but.. I don't get it.