• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Actually yes, dan ryckert confirmed he has changed his name from diehardman to cheezeitpizza on psn.

I mean, despite this being a Kojima game Dan was the least likely person to actually enjoy this game. Dan doesn't even seem to enjoy actually playing Metal Gear games but he can generally get away with playing them like shooters so he enjoys the gameplay enough to get to the next cutscene. As a result I'm really not looking forward to future Beastcasts and this years GB GOTY discussions.

Of all the people across all of the video game podcasts I listen to Dan Ryckert might be the worst when it comes to talking about games he doesn't like, particularly when discussing something he was excited for and ended up hating (see RDR2). Dan, to an annoying degree, very much wants you to know that he doesn't like something. Even when I agree with him he can be annoying to listen to when he talks about stuff he hates largely because he's just SO dismissive. Jeff can be like that at times too but he usually reserves that for GOTY (another reason I'm not looking forward to that) or when pressed he'll express his negative views on a game but generally even when Jeff dislikes something he will concede on what the game does that he likes and such.

I now kind of hope the entire GB staff hates this game because that would probably mean the GOTY discussion on it will go by more quickly than if someone on staff really likes it and wants to defend it.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
BUT DECIMA
BUT CERNY

Imma need everyone who doubted me in the other thread to say my name.

www.resetera.com

Death Stranding Has Been Removed from the Official PlayStation Site's List of Exclusives

No news outlets have reported on this yet which is why I thought've delivering the news to you myself. Found it out about an hour ago. If you go on the official PlayStation site, there's a section which lists out all games which are exclusive to PlayStation 4 (games designated with the Only on...

Jokes aside though, I'm happy as this means everyone gets to play. The whole game is about connection after all ;) Double dipping as soon as this drops. I'd love to see this come to Xbox too but the original agreement was PS4 timed exclusivity.
The original agreement was PS4 console exclusivity with PC version launching not long after. 😐

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
EH-sokeXUAEAIlA

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Would it be better to announce it after the launch and have PC gamers go sour because they just bought it on console even though they would much rather play it on PC?

This is good PR. Everybody is happy. :)
(except maybe fanboys who just wanted another exclusive to brag about)
oh sure, its great for consumers that they say it ahead of release, i am just surprised they actually did that lol.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
505 made the Epic deal for Control, but it kinda bombed so there's hope.

Seems more likely that's about Control and the general success of games by Remedy. They just aren't huge hits even if I love the stuff they do.

To the OP, seems like a great thing this is coming to PC, and a good move to let folks know they will have the option rather than hiding the ball and waiting or a month. It's my hope that most devs, pubs, and marketers are beyond all that, but we'll see what the next gen looks like. There's always going to be a place for consoles in the home, and seeing those console makers playing nice with PC, is really refreshing (Especially since it means very little to their market share). Really curious to see if Sony is going to open up their first party IP to this too. Would be really exciting.

Xpliskin

Oct 28, 2017
Really really weird timing.

The game is so good they want to share the love ?

Well I guess I'll double dip.

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London

Abdulrahman

Oct 30, 2017
The last two or three years we saw big surprises like this.

Crash on other plats? Not going to happen, they said.

DS on PC? You crazy!? But Sony... but game engine... buts and lots of buts.

NOW I"M WAITING FOR BLOODBORNE!!

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
KojiPro confirmed the existence of a PC port months and months ago in a deleted press release so I'm just glad it's out there.

Q1. I heard that SCE has signed an agreement with Kojima Productions, a studio newly formed by Hideo Kojima. What are the specifics of the agreement?
Kojima Productions has agreed to develop its first software title as a console exclusive to PS4. We do not disclose further details.

Q6. What other platforms will Kojima's first independent title be available on, besides PS4?
The title is planned to become available on PC (after PS4).

Archived from a post on the PlayStation Blog. December 16, 2015.

Ruu

Oct 28, 2017
I mostly play on PC anyway so this is good news. Don't think I was gonna get Death Stranding for a while anyway. Definitely waiting for reviews.

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I remember seeing the original announcement and was excited to hear about a PC version, it did get taken down though which made me concerned and wonder if the PC version was still going to release. I'm glad to see that it is releasing!

BUT DECIMA
BUT CERNY

Imma need everyone who doubted me in the other thread to say my name.

www.resetera.com

Death Stranding Has Been Removed from the Official PlayStation Site's List of Exclusives

No news outlets have reported on this yet which is why I thought've delivering the news to you myself. Found it out about an hour ago. If you go on the official PlayStation site, there's a section which lists out all games which are exclusive to PlayStation 4 (games designated with the Only on...

Jokes aside though, I'm happy as this means everyone gets to play. The whole game is about connection after all ;) Double dipping as soon as this drops. I'd love to see this come to Xbox too but the original agreement was PS4 timed exclusivity.

Boi that's a lot of crow people gotta eat!

A decima engine game on PC. Jesus fuuuucking Christ it's gonna look amazing.

I know right? Oh gosh!

lol, thought these were pretty funny. fraudjima!

LMFAO I'M DEAD!

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
505 Games is just handling PC ""marketing"" and an eventual physical copy and PC support for eventual issues.

This is no different from THQ Nordic publishing MS titles on PC or Annapurna with Journey.
It's very different to that. THQ Nordic in those instances were manufacturing and distributing physical versions, but were not the publisher of digital versions of those games. Here, 505 is the publisher for the PC version regardless of how it's sold.