• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Imagine going from being a nobody, to this, in such a short time. Amazing.

(Still an impressive time frame though!)
Going from nobody? Um yea right. Everyone knows who Kojima is. Sony was dropping their pants to have him around. He had connections and everything. So I like him but let's not pretend he didnt have a path paved for him in the industry.

Edit: is this thread full of spoiler with newest media? I skipped all the way to the last page. Just curious.

Last edited:

teacup

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I haven't really watched any gameplay. I saw a few pics of the main dude holding a ladder. Pre that I've only seen the original couple of trailers and stuff.

I'm aware of the meme of the game being a walking sim and nothing to do but I know Kojima tweeted saying don't watch the gameplay trailer. Did the trailer do much to make people believe this game "has it" so to speak?

I don't know why I'm asking I'll buy any Kojima product day one but just checking :)

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I haven't really watched any gameplay. I saw a few pics of the main dude holding a ladder. Pre that I've only seen the original couple of trailers and stuff.

I'm aware of the meme of the game being a walking sim and nothing to do but I know Kojima tweeted saying don't watch the gameplay trailer. Did the trailer do much to make people believe this game "has it" so to speak?

I don't know why I'm asking I'll buy any Kojima product day one but just checking :)
Think of it like BOTW. There is going to be a lot of walking, and there is also a ton to do. The main difference is that you have to engage with the world while you're walking instead of just pushing forward.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL

There's a LOT to take in in the recent gameplay video.

I'm ashamed I watched it and would advise you to skip it and go in blind if you have the willpower.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You think reviewers should only be allowed to play at launch with everyone to experience the MP? It seems like it could have a big effect on the game, I'm not sure how they are gonna experience it otherwise.

Jun 26, 2018
You think reviewers should only be allowed to play at launch with everyone to experience the MP? It seems like it could have a big effect on the game, I'm not sure how they are gonna experience it otherwise.

I think there are enough reviewers that the online component could still work, but sometimes developers just include a fact sheet to explain to reviewers what would be happening when the full multiplayer experience becomes available.

driveninhifi

Jun 7, 2018
Odrarek is interesting. From the Kafka story?

The story's about a 'family man' who is describing this thing that is like a vaguely humanoid mass of knotted old threads.

Furisco

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Death Stranding is full of in game ads.

Kojima is a genius
451447368043462656.png

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Could be fantastic, could be launch-No Man's Sky-level of big world, hundreds of systems and nothing meaningful to do.

I'm optimistic, because Gameplay was never the problem with Kojimas gamea before.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Could be fantastic, could be launch-No Man's Sky-level of big world, hundreds of systems and nothing meaningful to do.

I'm optimistic, because Gameplay was never the problem with Kojimas gamea before.

Eeeh, gameplay in general sure, but Open World? Kojima's batting 0-1 there.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
Haven't watched the new stuff. Still can't believe I'm actually successfully avoiding it. So I'll ask a simple yes or no question, but with a picture instead:

oM7TbzF.jpg

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Lannisters1798
Apr 27, 2018
So does Fragile. Sam has the "extinction factor", which might suggest why he cannot die.

I love this. That jar of cryptobiotes to keep the Timefall away.

Seems a bit of an overstatement here, but it reminds me of these scenes from The Fellowship of the Ring.

Speaking of Fragile (Lea Seydoux's character), we haven't really seen much of her, as opposed to the other characters. I believe she will play a huge role into the later half of Death Stranding; which is why Kojima isn't showing too much at TGS 2019.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
So does Fragile. Sam has the "extinction factor", which might suggest why he cannot die.

I don't think so. He is not immune to timefall, a droplet of timefall dropped on his hand and created wrinkles on the spot where it dropped. Also he ages unlike Amélie. He laso needs to avoid BTs and not smell their toxic things.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
So we got one more day of gameplay right?

I hope he shows us the hades upside down gameplay with the soldiers. I'm really interested in the death mechanics and if we can spend a good amount of time shooting/stealthily taking down soldiers MGS style if we choose to stay in that world. I'd like a good balance between combat/exploration myself.

Also, the rewards for exploring, like who put those boots and equipment there?

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Was gonna try to go dark but I watched the 50 minute demo. I'm betting that it still hasn't shown much at all. They probably put the bare minimum in that to just show what the core loop is.

Probably will avoid the death mechanics stuff as much as possible though

Deleted member 36543

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 20, 2017
Then why does Sam say he's not a Strand anymore? I've watched that scene a couple times, it seems like he's talking about Ameila at first but right after dropping the Samantha name he calls Ameila, Ameila again. Maybe that's not what's going on but it made me think back to the very first trailer. Reedus with a baby, baby vanishes and we see his c section scar. Do the math.
Samantha is the old lady in the hospital bed. Mother of Amelie and most likely Normans grandma.

Status
Not open for further replies.