• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I am surprised we didn't get a single leak about what will be shown at TGA. Normally, we should have gotten few leaks here and there like in the previous years.

Here is a leak: the Metal Gear movie will be shown there.
This is just my assumption since Vogt-Roberts is preparing something for the TGA and both him and Kojima will be there. :p

Jun 4, 2018
https://www.pscp.tv/w/1kvKpEwgAbmGE

More information from Keighly at the production office about The Game Awards next week!

I can't wait!!!!!! Personally, I've been more on the pessimistic side of things when it comes to receiving actual news in regard to Death Stranding, just because the game has been shrouded in so much mystery... Got a really good feeling about this, though - especially coming off of TGS, an event in which they didn't hype up very much and still showed something off when they clearly didn't have to. In recent years, Kojima hasn't used trailers to announce release dates. Peace Walker and MGSV were both announced at completely random times, though Ground Zeroes' release date was leaked early by way of the Jamais Vu trailer, thanks to the official YouTube account of Xbox, so it's hard to say for certain; there's always a chance. I think this would be the perfect time to make some noise with Death Stranding. TGA is bigger than ever, people are finally expecting to hear more concrete info regarding release and gameplay specifics. Things are really lining up for this to be a huge showcase for the game, and I hope they take full advantage of it. Too many more presentations without concrete information, and people will tune out. Some already have, of course, but I won't be in that camp. Most of the people in this thread won't be. And that's not to say that Kojima can't go about it his own way, in terms of how he chooses to present the gameplay or story elements, however, being too secretive with both gameplay and release window specifics for an extended period of time can lead to cynicism, and as a fan of his, that's not where I want this game to be. I want this game to do well. I think many of us do. Not because we worry if Kojima can afford to add to his Nike x Acronym collection, but because we want more of his work, with as little restriction as possible. Here's hoping for the best from TGA!

Iucidium

Oct 25, 2017
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/367395469598392321/517718098237849610/unknown.png

According to Walmart Canada, Death Stranding will release in June?
DtHlGcxXoAY9wYM.jpg:large

Edit: It's just a placeholder :(

HRsdtDW.png
I want this to be a shadow drop so bad.

Jun 4, 2018
p2whe6p8rk121.png

This was posted on the subreddit. (Guide book that was included with Ludens figma!) Don't know if it's been mentioned here, but damn!!!!! Those alt colors are beautiful. I really hope the suit can be worn in-game... Pretty sure Kojima was just trolling when he said it wouldn't be!

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
p2whe6p8rk121.png

This was posted on the subreddit. (Guide book that was included with Ludens figma!) Don't know if it's been mentioned here, but damn!!!!! Those alt colors are beautiful. I really hope the suit can be worn in-game... Pretty sure Kojima was just trolling when he said it wouldn't be!

Wait what? You believe the Ludens suit won't be there? The Ludens chain key is already in the game which means the Ludens exists in the game lore. Also we saw Sam different suits with different colours. I am sure the Ludens suit will be the most advanced suit in the game that we will get at the end of it and with different colours and functions. In fact, behind the Ludens mask, there is Sam hiding, you can discern his face.

Btw, can you refer me to the direct link of this photo? Thanks.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait what? You believe the Ludens suit won't be there? The Ludens chain key is already in the game which means the Ludens exists in the game lore. Also we saw Sam different suits with different colours. I am sure the Ludens suit will be the most advanced suit in the game that we will get at the end of it and with different colours and functions. In fact, behind the Ludens mask, there is Sam hiding, you can discern his face.
I never said it won't be there, just not in the way you guys might be expecting.

This is based on a hypothesis of mine, after the reading the 4chan trueleak™

Jun 4, 2018

Btw, can you refer me to the direct link of this photo? Thanks.

Nah, I think it'll be there! Kojima saying it won't gives me pause but like you said, there's a keychain and they've really been pushing a ton of Ludens merchandise out, so it's gotta be in there, I think... As a custom suit, since we have already seen Sam in various gear. Not to mention, looking at the figma Ludens figure without the helmet screams that it's tied to The Man in the Golden Mask or maybe Tommie Earl Jenkins' character in some way...

Also! https://www.reddit.com/r/DeathStranding/comments/a1yx0m/has_anyone_seen_it_yet/

OP
OP
Lannisters1798
Apr 27, 2018

We're finally back online guys!
Three more days until The Game Awards!
Cory Barlog (director of the recent God of War) visited Kojima Productions, and met Kojima himself!

Last edited:

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I wouldn't mind is we didn't get any gameplay. And just another cool trailer.

Though that probably puts me in the minority.

Yeah I wouldn't mind that too, but to deal with all these "where's the gameplay" posts in the thread of that trailer. Then someone making a reactionary thread about how Kojima is making a movie or should have made a movie or is a hack with other posts agreeing in hyperbolic ways.

Yeah that's tough.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I wouldn't mind that too, but to deal with all these "where's the gameplay" posts in the thread of that trailer. Then someone making a reactionary thread about how Kojima is making a movie or should have made a movie or is a hack with other posts agreeing in hyperbolic ways.

Yeah that's tough.
Just tell those people.
FMCmO16.gif

OP
OP
Lannisters1798
Apr 27, 2018

Ted Price from Insomniac Games visited Kojima Productions!

Edit: Sorry for the double post! Era has been buggy lately. :(

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lannisters1798
Apr 27, 2018

Ted Price from Insomniac Games visited Kojima Productions!

The Burger of Kazuhira Miller? And Norman Reedus Face model with beanie. The recent Kratos and Atreus chess pieces from Cory Balrog's recent visit to Kojima Productions are on display as well.

Kojima also retweeted the Joker from Architect. The lens flare (red and blue) reminds me of Lea's character in Trailer 4.

Last edited:

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are so many visiting the studio?

They know of a cataclysmic event coming to Earth and are meeting to figure out where to sit on the spaceships to safety.

Death Stranding was never a real game and is Kojima's way of trying to warn us about the danger only the elite currently know about.

We are referred to in meetings as the stranded dead.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They know of a cataclysmic event coming to Earth and are meeting to figure out where to sit on the spaceships to safety.

Death Stranding was never a real game and is Kojima's way of trying to warn us about the danger only the elite currently know about.

ZbzthBm.png

Feb 4, 2018

Remember the surprise in 2018? It's likely to be revealed at The Game Awards on Thursday.

I don't wanna be a downer and I sure hope there are surprises on Thursday, but anything he's revealed thus far in 2018 could have been the "surprise." Lindsay Wagner was a huge get for Kojima and I wouldn't be surprised (ha) if that's what he was talking about. Hopefully he does have a surprise in store for us still but I don't want anyone to get their hopes up! "Surprise" could mean anything.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
I really hope this trailer is something substantial. The last trailer was cool and all but the misdirection is getting to be a bit much. Anyway, this and the Obsidian game are what I'm looking forward to.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Kojima dropping something huge with Death Stranding this Thursday. A P.T like teaser on PSN, or release date is my guess.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Release date announcement? I'm gonna say...June 18th. It'd be weird to announce a release date any farther than that.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017

Kojima will not scatter our sorrows to the heartless sea.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
My bet is more "gameplay" in the footage, no release date, but possible release year.

Status
Not open for further replies.