• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beating the game with the "Strand" ending unlocks the game on Steam

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speculation on Death Strandings exclusivity are always the least controversial threads about the game.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
For what it's worth, Shawn Layden said that Sony is open to PC ports of their MP games/software.

DS supposedly has some new form of MP gameplay. Hence why it's possible Sony will release it on PC as well.
lmao
i can guarrantee to you that the MP shawn was referring to was not of this kind.

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
If you want to play Death Stranding than don't play it at all. Makes sense.
lPhnTSP.gif

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
LOL!

Alright, fuck it. Sony has no idea what it is doing with branding with Playstation.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
User warned: platform wars
Sony paid the big bucks for the re-exclusivity to spite the PC gamers.

Good job Sony for putting those pesky PC gamers in their place.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
The fact that there is this much bizarre intrigue regarding the consoles Death Stranding is releasing on makes me want to believe Kojima is handling this aspect as well

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Isn't Sony funding it? Why would anyone think it's coming to PC in that case? That's not how Sony functions, the only stuff they bring to PC is SOE games.
Detroit isn't a SOE game.

And sure, QD might not be working with Sony any more but that's irrelevant as Sony funded the game, owns the IP and publishing rights.

Edit: Again, disclaimer: I don't think DS is coming to PC. Just correcting false claims.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
thanks, is there video or anything or just that? just wondering what the context of didnt really answer it is

I googled it and apparently Tribeca is a film festival and he got interviewed there. You see a #Tribeca 2019 hastag there in that tweet.

As for the context, its staying mum probably or he couldn't answer that question at all. As far as i know, it was a written interview.

Oct 28, 2017
There's still a PC version down the line unless they explicitly say there won't be one, and guess what? They haven't explicitly said so. That exclusivity sticker means fuck all.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
To be clear, he was talking about multiplayer-focused games. Like if they bought a company that's working on or upkeeping a PS4/PC multiplayer game they're not going to make the studio cancel the PC version because that would kill the multiplayer community.
lmao
i can guarrantee to you that the MP shawn was referring to was not of this kind.
Do we know if DS isn't that type of game?

I can't recall it being labeled as a SP-centric game.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
That's what Kojima had said
Didnt he said that years ago before Sony made the deal with him? The game is running on Decima engine. Does decima engine ever got ported to PC? I mean everething is possible, but is better wait for oficial anouncements than pick up something that was said before Sony had a partnership deal, and make that as certain.

Last edited:

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Same discussion over and over. People want to focus on labelling when labelling isnt the reason why.

Dont forget to pretend "that it was obvious" "we knew before" if it happens.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't definitively say exclusively on PS4.

Still coming to PC until it isn't...

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
It'll probably come to pc eventually. As the OP put it, the branding is unreliable. So why would anyone think it would only be on PS when the labeling in gamescom says so.

That said if you want to play DS just play it on PS4. No telling how long you'd have to wait for the pc version. At this point it could be 6 months or 10 years. No telling.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
How is it settled when the OP says it's meaningless?

And:

91aFy6jNQxL._SX425_.jpg

Plenty more where that came from too.

DS probably isn't coming to PC any time soon though.
Stop bringing Quantic Dreams games in here... these were a special case I am telling you. It was just a "good will" way for Sony to burn "bridges" with QD. It is not for nothing that Sony dropped publishing their next game and that QD needed to seek funding from another company. Last year's drama before launch was the last straw. People forgot all the other drama situations QD brought Sony (i.e. Beyond Two Souls's naked Ellen Page scandal model discovered in the game's data) 😑😶

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Usually I'd prefer to play on PC but even if this ever does come to PC I'm just gonna get it on ps4.

That way I can buy it second hand and get rid of it when I'm done. Not giving Kojima any of my money and if I can help someone else play it without having to buy it new then great!

Instead of 3 people buying it new then only 1 person will but 3 will still get to play it. Less money going to Kojima the better.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It's an exception, Sony aren't putting it on PC either, just letting Quantic Dreams port it and publish it and their other 2 games over to PC. Likely as a goodwill gesture.
Yes, not the only exception though as we've seen with Journey etc. But the argument some are making is that DS is also an exception. Albeit if it were never announced for PC in the first place then this wouldn't even be a discussion, nor would the exclusive labelling be under such scrutiny. But I'm sure PC hasn't been mentioned since the initial partnership was announced, and the agreement could easily have changed since then.