• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
All the dudes talking about ball problems. This works skinny pants or not unless you got some Dirk Diggler penis going. Just get that dick and balls in a bundle up front, pull it forward then sit down. Yeah, it's gonna be odd at first, but you aren't sitting on your balls.
Nah man. I'm not gonna get side eyed for adjusting my junk in front of bystanders lol.

Most men are capable of sitting down comfortably without spreading your legs into other people's comfort zones.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stuff 2 kiwis and a baby carrot into your underwear, and then walk a mile and ride the subway on a 100 degree day and tell me how comfortable it is to clamp your legs together. Even then you won't know because the kiwis would have to generate heat and sweat, and be as sensitive as an eyeball.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
My biggest pet peeve as a daily commuter are people who won't get the fuck out of the way of the doors, especially at key transfer stations.

It's common sense that at certain stations, the entire train car is going to empty out so if you are in front of the only exit get the hell out of everyone's way. But for some reason I still regularly see people try to fight against the wave of people leaving in a vain attempt to get first dibs on a seat (I assume).

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
All the dudes talking about ball problems. This works skinny pants or not unless you got some Dirk Diggler penis going. Just get that dick and balls in a bundle up front, pull it forward then sit down. Yeah, it's gonna be odd at first, but you aren't sitting on your balls.

When does a man ever sit on his balls? Like is that a thing I've never ever heard about?

I must be misunderstanding you because adjustment or no adjustment I've never heard of a man sitting on his junk.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
People putting their bags on their seats next to them. Here in Japan, it's usually young office ladies. Also, old people in general have terrible public transport manners.

But my number one public transportation pet peeve is people crowding around the train doors despite there being plenty of open space and seats available further in, which makes it really hard to exit the train because they don't get out of the fucking way when people are trying to get off.

EmptyWarren

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
When does a man ever sit on his balls? Like is that a thing I've never ever heard about?

I must be misunderstanding you because adjustment or no adjustment I've never heard of a man sitting on his junk.

That's why I am saying pull it all forward. I've never sat on my balls, and I guess I am not seeing the need for spreading either. Then again, I also wear tight briefs that keep everything neatly in the front and orderly. These peeps must be commando or loose ass boxers or something.

Definitely know how to wipe my ass, too. Flushable wet wipes all day.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
People do need to be more considerate of others' personal space and presence on public transport - especially men - I agree. However, there are legitimate physical reasons for some men to spread their legs a bit. It's not so much about the size of the testes (although that can be an issue for some) than it is the position of the testes; sometimes they're too retracted and some men need more space for them to descend freely and relax. Our testes naturally do this for temperature regulation, but that won't be possible when space is limited. A lot of the spatial restriction is going to depend on a man's body type though.

Also, if you're a guy with large testes and don't have this problem, good for you. However, that doesn't mean that other men don't suffer from such issues.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
As I sit on the bus right now, I think it's a ball thing.

I'm a guy, I don't spread wide, but I don't have my legs completely closed unless I have to.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
As I sit on the bus right now, I think it's a ball thing.

I'm a guy, I don't spread wide, but I don't have my legs completely closed unless I have to.

Same with me. I hate to be graphic, but if it helps people understand...

My testes naturally sit about the midway point of my inner thighs; not above, nor below. If I bring my legs together completely, I will literally squish my testes together to the point of pain. To prevent this I would need to lift my scrotum, close my legs, then release my scrotum. In this position, my testes would feel retracted and uncomfortable.

For a person like me, there is no good solution for closing my legs completely.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
No one is saying any of you need to close your legs completely...

This thread is hilarious.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
No one is saying any of you need to close your legs completely...

This thread is hilarious.

Well I'm not saying that either, just pointing that out for those curious.

I always try to minimize 'manspreading' on public transport out of respect for others and I believe other guys should try to do the same.

Oct 25, 2017
Why do you think the seat is empty? -_-
I'm talking about situations where there is an empty seat next to the man (and other clearly empty seats around the bus) with no one standing as seen at 0:25 and 0:27 of the video

There's actually no reason to get upset with someone taking up slightly too much room when there are that many empty seats nearby. It's the same situation with putting a backpack on a seat. If the bus is at low capacity, it isn't a problem until more people actually show up. The person in the video, being assaulting people, assaulted people over taking up space that wouldn't be used regardless

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017

huh? sometimes it gets hot. shit hurts

I need a good 45° spread or more on a warm day, lot less if I'm cold. post #4's 90° spread is ridiculous

Oct 25, 2017
Stuff 2 kiwis and a baby carrot into your underwear, and then walk a mile and ride the subway on a 100 degree day and tell me how comfortable it is to clamp your legs together. Even then you won't know because the kiwis would have to generate heat and sweat, and be as sensitive as an eyeball.
Lol get over yourself. Literally everyone complaining about their balls in here is so fucking precious lmao. learn how to close your legs, rearrange your balls jesus.

like wah wah my balls are so big i need 2 seats is the biggest male priveledge joke. how you get through your life if you can't sit without a 90 degree spread, how the fuck you ride planes man u buy a second ticket for those kiwis

Oct 25, 2017
Bonus gross points goes to all my fellow men deflecting their own bad behaviour onto women "talking on the phone" or "putting their bag on the seat" like that's a gender divide and dumb-ass men don't do that on trains too.

just admit you're an inconsiderate public transport rider and do better

i feel lately the scourge of listening to shit on your phone without headphones has really taken off. It feels like everytime i'm on an airplane while we are waiting to take off I have to hear someones stupid music or youtube video they just have to watch. At least it gets shut down pretty quick by flight attendants, but man, some fucking common courtesy
dah gawd apple blessed us all with headphone jack removal so people could share their music with us all again

Yeah any man doing that in publicly confined spaces is just being an ass.
Any man doing that, confined space or not, in public, is an ass.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
I can't totally close my legs. It's impossible and requires great amount of strength and concentration to keep them together. However, there is a difference between that and the guy in the OP.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't totally close my legs. It's impossible and requires great amount of strength and concentration to keep them together. However, there is a difference between that and the guy in the OP.
fuck i wish i had your massive balls and cock with those legs that just don't close unless you use all your power and concentration. I'm sitting here with my legs shut at my desk like the warped vision of feminine masculinity I am just envious of having a dangler so long and strong that hells gates are always open

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York

Word. I keep mine at 30 degrees.

You know, some people see being averse to using public transportation as snobby at best and some form of bigoted at worst, yet this thread seems to lay out a comprehensive bullet-point list of reasons to avoid it like the Super Plague.

I would if I could but I gotta work. Sadly it's cheaper to commute. But for 500$ a month I'm gonna be comfortable within reason fuck that.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
fuck i wish i had your massive balls and cock with those legs that just don't close unless you use all your power and concentration. I'm sitting here with my legs shut at my desk like the warped vision of feminine masculinity I am just envious of having a dangler so long and strong that hells gates are always open

I don't understand your abrasiveness. That poster wasn't advocating for a 90º manspread, just a little breathing room like many of us guys need. That doesn't mean we disagree with the OP, in fact, I absolutely agree that men need to be mindful of how far they spread their legs in confined public spaces; some of us are just sharing our experiences about the limitations we have when doing so; it's a tangential discussion, not a dismissal of the OP.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
That has nothing to do with either. I work out and am cursed/blessed with having massive thighs in proportion to my body and can't cross my legs inward unless by force. It feels totally uncomfortable to go below shoulder width. I can't even cross my legs like most adults do when they overlap their legs, my leg simply slips off the other. Best I can do is doing ankle on knee. 10+° is my natural resting positon when I sit.

Word. I keep mine at 30 degrees.

I would if I could but I gotta work. Sadly it's cheaper to commute. But for 500$ a month I'm gonna be comfortable within reason fuck that.

I live in the metro Detroit area and would kill for some kind of real public transportation infrastructure. I'd love to be able to just hop on a train/subway and hit work up. Sadly it'll never happen here.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
That has nothing to do with either. I work out and am cursed/blessed with having massive thighs in proportion to my body and can't cross my legs inward unless by force. It feels totally uncomfortable to go below shoulder width. I can't even cross my legs like most adults do when they overlap their legs, my leg simply slips off the other. Best I can do is doing ankle on knee. 10+° is my natural resting positon when I sit.

It's like the concept of different body types is foreign to some people. There are women who have this particular problem as well.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Closing my legs when sitting so my knees touch is very uncomfortable but there are very few situations where one would have to sit that way, I feel bad for women that have to deal with these jackasses.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
thankfully if there are manspreaders or general grossness about i can just walk through the train until i find a nice and pleasant seat

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
women wear skirts and cant spread legs. men have balls and cant close legs

Its classic game theory

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It seems really condescending to word it like that, "Dear men..." what if I were to retort "Dear women, next time don't do she-bagging"? It just comes across as so aggressive and hostile and it's a mass generalization. I do agree, some people are super extravagant about man spreading, in London chavs will usually spread their legs out to an abnormal angle and take up two seats. Yeah that sucks and it makes me not want to sit down.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Jesus go to yoga or the doctor. I used to have 30 inch thighs and I could always close my legs. Your balls rest on your legs too btw in reference to the rest of the thread